Yellow | Daily bill count-system wide

I was in a meeting for the change at 857 and bob j told us that roadway and yellow were doing about 50,000 bills each they expected to lose 30% of that but lost almost 50% thats not good

no last names plz

As I said...the numbers tell the story....the COO has been changed today to reflect the true numbers that I and hereiam have been reporting to you all. I passed it on the Jeff in the breaking news story on this forum....many other things changing as we speak....will update later.....KK

[quote author=hereiam link=topic=76855.msg815951#msg815951 date=1269434221]
Tuesday 3/23 - 43,009. 730 bills better than the previous Tuesday. And about 1000 bills better than our Tuesday average over the past 8 weeks.
[/quote]

End of the month and quarter coming, They should be higher, Right?

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=76855.msg815667#msg815667 date=1269351023]
Alot can be miscounted with the (State of the Art) Roadway computers that YRC continues to use. Higher technology/new computer systems would be the fastest way for YRC to grow and get back on it's feet of a profitable company. [/quote] They don't need to re-invent the wheel. I don't care what kind of computers they use. It's real simple.....When the customers call, go pick up their freight before their close time. Then deliver it at the other end before their close time. It's that simple. It had been done effectively for many years before this new technology came along. The computers that the company use are only as good as the "bad attitudes" that are pushing the keys. The slowest computers in the world would work just fine, with the right people pressing the keys. :popcorn:

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=76855.msg816075#msg816075 date=1269466335]
As I said...the numbers tell the story....the COO has been changed today to reflect the true numbers that I and hereiam have been reporting to you all. I passed it on the Jeff in the breaking news story on this forum....many other things changing as we speak....will update later.....KK
[/quote]

KK,

Does this change in numbers also change the number of bills needed to break even? Or is the break even still at 45,000

Thanks Hereiam, looks like a week over week and month over month improvement. I wonder what count is needed to cross over into profitability?

[quote author=john/nyc link=topic=76855.msg816637#msg816637 date=1269610783]
Thanks Hereiam, looks like a week over week and month over month improvement. I wonder what count is needed to cross over into profitability?
[/quote]

I know we are a long way from what I `m asking ,but,does anybody have any idea how many bills the new combined (Yellow-Roadway)system can handle at full capacity?

Amazing, that after the YRC COO hearings was over on 3/25, that they had the highest bill count for the year in one day of 44,265...and then it went higher on 3/26 (44,536) to post the highest weekly average in over 6 month of 43,338.

Makes you wonder?.....KK

[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=76855.msg817594#msg817594 date=1269880180]
Amazing, that after the YRC COO hearings was over on 3/25, that they had the highest bill count for the year in one day of 44,265...and then it went higher on 3/26 (44,536) to post the highest weekly average in over 6 month of 43,338.

Makes you wonder?.....KK

[/quote]

Do you think they were shaving? Also, I wonder what benefit they get from laying off to below their freight levels. Seems to me that the most important thing they can do right now is to improve capacity (with quality freight).

There is this business school concept called Diminishing Returns that basically says that you keep employing workers in order to gain the production of each additional worker UNTIL you put that one additional person to work for whom the costs of using him is more than the benefit you get from his labor. This is easier to picture if you think of a factory floor where , if you hire one more person, people start getting in each others way. In trucking the point of diminishing returns would be met if you used more people than there were bills to justify them. But the trick is to get as close to the point where returns are diminished without going over.

They seem more worried about the tipping point than they should be. We are seeing guys post about them sitting loads and not doing strippers. Now is not the time to worry about Diminishing Returns. Now is the time to gain quality market share. They should let TMs use as many as they need to get the job done. TMs are the ones that are closest to the work. the TM should be held responsible for getting it all done. There is no "one size fits all" on total people used on a national basis vs. number of bills on a national basis.

[quote author=john/nyc link=topic=76855.msg817605#msg817605 date=1269886596]
[quote author=Kennesaw Kid link=topic=76855.msg817594#msg817594 date=1269880180]

Makes you wonder?.....KK

[/quote]

Do you think they were shaving? Also, I wonder what benefit they get from laying off to below their freight levels. Seems to me that the most important thing they can do right now is to improve capacity (with quality freight).

There is this business school concept called Diminishing Returns that basically says that you keep employing workers in order to gain the production of each additional worker UNTIL you put that one additional person to work for whom the costs of using him is more than the benefit you get from his labor. This is easier to picture if you think of a factory floor where , if you hire one more person, people start getting in each others way. In trucking the point of diminishing returns would be met if you used more people than there were bills to justify them. But the trick is to get as close to the point where returns are diminished without going over.

They seem more worried about the tipping point than they should be. We are seeing guys post about them sitting loads and not doing strippers. Now is not the time to worry about Diminishing Returns. Now is the time to gain quality market share. They should let TMs use as many as they need to get the job done. TMs are the ones that are closest to the work. the TM should be held responsible for getting it all done. There is no "one size fits all" on total people used on a national basis vs. number of bills on a national basis.
[/quote]exactly! :thumbsup:

I will not be able to provide the daily bill count numbers any longer. Last day at YRC was today. You should be able to go to any SOM or operations coordinator and get the info. It is in Vital Signs and is posted there every day.

Good luck to those of you still working at YRC! Even noodle!