Yellow | DAL Rumors

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
DAL rumors are flying around everywhere!
What is going on down there?..........KK

Call me and let me know......678-571-6218

yo kk....

dallas rumors happen all the time........

reminds me of an old joke.....

what is a midget?????

a texan with all the b/s removed.....

the sky has been falling there for the past 10 years.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Was told in MEM this am that layovers in excess of 24 hours are common. 40 fired out of yard for "slow walking"/ dragging ***/ delaying freight. This is what I was told, and has NOT been independantly verified, in other words, it is rumor. Consume at your own risk.

nightshadow said:
40 fired out of yard for "slow walking"/ dragging ***/ delaying freight.

About 5 years ago a guy transferred from DAL to IND in the city. He screamed every day that we are too "company minded", and moved back to DAL about 3 years ago. He worked the yard every day. He'd deliberately hide trailers to delay yard moves. He'd follow hookers and pull pins, etc, etc.....This didn't just hurt the company, it put Teamster's and other's lives at risk.... I wonder if he's one of the fired? I'm betting he is, if anyone is.

In my opinion only, it's one thing to be Teamster oriented-- it's another thing altogether to deliberately hurt the company that puts food on your table. I beleive the first responsibility of Teamsters is to give a "good day's work for a good day's pay". I've been with too many compainies that closed to shut this one down too......and on purpose no less!

Jimmy,
Some of those guys down there live in a different world than the rest of us........they still think it's the 60's or 70's.

I'm not too fond of DAL drivers, because the BS them and KCM teams were pulling up here at CGB. They would take our freight and than not sign in on the inbound sheet. WE caught on to it so now it sits at the west board window and is a different color.

Dallas Fiasco

It's getting to be a living Hell down here in Dallas. Freight is being run around Dal so bad, it's getting difficult to make a decent check without running 7 days a week, which I refuse to do. The Dock and Hostlers are continuing the same crap that they have been doing for at least 6 years that I know of.

Zollars came up here in March and told the Dock and hostlers that the company was in a position to shut Dallas down if they didn't cut the crap and they told him to bring it on. The only ones getting hurt are the Road drivers, especially team drivers who are struggling to make a living.

Pathetic!

Dallas Strike Possible

Management has pushed us into a corner!
What's going on? Seems like the "big guys" upstairs promised K.C. they would make their load adverage for August. When they found out they were 80 Lbs. short the crap began!
Someone head had to roll for their misstakes, so labor was to blame

Mgmt has sent out countless letters for all kinds of B.S. reasons. They have torn up the "blue book" and are making up the rules as they go.

Job eliminations were weekly and still we kept going. The final straw was master bidding in September (btw another master in 2 weeks).

They are now playing black against white too.
We have Supervisors hiding behind freight and jumping out in front of fork-lifts. They have fired several people for attempting to run over them.

If they can do it to us, you're NEXT

jimmy g said:
About 5 years ago a guy transferred from DAL to IND in the city. He screamed every day that we are too "company minded", and moved back to DAL about 3 years ago. He worked the yard every day. He'd deliberately hide trailers to delay yard moves. He'd follow hookers and pull pins, etc, etc.....This didn't just hurt the company, it put Teamster's and other's lives at risk.... I wonder if he's one of the fired? I'm betting he is, if anyone is.

In my opinion only, it's one thing to be Teamster oriented-- it's another thing altogether to deliberately hurt the company that puts food on your table. I beleive the first responsibility of Teamsters is to give a "good day's work for a good day's pay". I've been with too many compainies that closed to shut this one down too......and on purpose no less!
I know EXACTLY who you are referring to, and YES the SLIME is fired. Seems he stayed in the breakroom for 25 minutes when he was not due a break. He is a sorry piece of work, and will snitch to mgmt. what the union is doing, and rat the company's business to the union. I could tolerate him if he would just choose a side and stay there.

jimmy g said:

In my opinion only, it's one thing to be Teamster oriented-- it's another thing altogether to deliberately hurt the company that puts food on your table. I believe the first responsibility of Teamsters is to give a "good day's work for a good day's pay". I've been with too many companies that closed to shut this one down too......and on purpose no less!

Being a UPSF driver and ease dropping my compliments to you on your work ethic. That is the way it has to be union or nonunion.

It sickens me to see what the work ethic is of the newbies coming in.
I haven't been a teamster nowhere near as long as I have working in the nonunion sector but I can say from memory that teamsters on the dock especially were totally professional and worked together. Not what I see now with a bunch of snot noise kids that don't give a rip.

My brother-in-law came to work for us after being gone for 20 years. We worked together for System 99 a union company.

He can't believe the difference now then what it use to be. I don't think its just in the nonunion sector either.

Maybe one day we will all get together and do what's best for all of us. I hope I live to see it.

Skeeter said:
Being a UPSF driver and ease dropping my compliments to you on your work ethic. That is the way it has to be union or nonunion.

It sickens me to see what the work ethic is of the newbies coming in.
I haven't been a teamster nowhere near as long as I have working in the nonunion sector but I can say from memory that teamsters on the dock especially were totally professional and worked together. Not what I see now with a bunch of snot noise kids that don't give a rip.

My brother-in-law came to work for us after being gone for 20 years. We worked together for System 99 a union company.

He can't believe the difference now then what it use to be. I don't think its just in the nonunion sector either.

Maybe one day we will all get together and do what's best for all of us. I hope I live to see it.

Our newest workers are the worst too. They act like the co. owes them something. If they work too much there angry and if they get laid off a day there angry. Slow as mud delivering too.

I feel the new work ethic is in how these young workers were brought up.

I'm over 62,and had to start working when I was 8 years old if I wanted anything for myself.
My folks had 6 kids,and couldn't afford a lot.

The newest workers have had everything handed to them as they grew up.

Now insted of starting at the bottom than working your way up to a better spot.
These new workers want to start at the top.
They want the best jobs,with the highest pay.

When they see its not going to go their way,they drag their feet,whinning about how they've got it so bad.

I don't know whats going to happen in the business world with these new young hateful,lazy, whinny works?