Central Transport | Dallas drivers Saturday CT meeting

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
It was very heated with a few making fools out of themselves...It wasn't pretty and I must say I'm ashamed of the way some of our fellow Vitran drivers acted. Having said that let me say that J. Hartman is the CT terminal manager in Dallas and handled the heated exchanges in a professional manner. Hartman is from Vitran in Indianapolis and has been the TM 3 months....I must say I like Hartman.....He seems to have a pleasant nature and appears to be a fair person...We didn't get a lot of the answers we needed but he assured us we would have them by the first of the week. We all report to CT Dallas Monday and will be shuttled to get our trucks at the old Vitran. ..We will not report back to Vitran Dallas.....It is done.. This is to the drivers in that meeting that have a **** poor attitude.....If I was Hartman I would do everything in my power to make your life a living hell until you quit....There is no way I would let you get away with the disrespect you showed Monica and JJ.....Talking trash and being disrespectful when all they were trying to do is be helpful...Hartman may let it slide but rest assured If I was your boss...YOU WOULD BE HISTORY !!! I will speak more on the facts as we get them but as of right now I think this acquisition is a good thing....And I'm grateful I have a job until I retire in a few years...Thank you Matthew for saving our ass...Even if some others are too stupid to realize that. Why don't you trouble makers do us a favor and just quit...You are bad apples that need to be thrown out. You are trying to poison the others. Just go if you can't get on board and change your attitude....Instead of getting mad at the world for the way it is, let's accept it and do what we can to improve it. Dallas is a major terminal with 200 doors and a big shop...We have 60 P&D drivers so it's just going to take a little time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't call you that, your post actually has me checking my attitude over this whole buyout thing, of course I live and work in mannys back pocket so there is a LOT of negativity to overcome here not only with central but a lot of his other business interest, but i have decided to give it a shot with an open mind........... unless something better comes along, although I'm not searching that hard.

I won't call you that, your post actually has me checking my attitude over this whole buyout thing, of course I live and work in mannys back pocket so there is a LOT of negativity to overcome here not only with central but a lot of his other business interest, but i have decided to give it a shot with an open mind........... unless something better comes along, although I'm not searching that hard.
Fudge...We all have a right to choose. I choose to be positive....I don't care what people think of me...I don't need anyone's approval......Many won't understand what I'm fixing to say....EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS A PARADOX. THE MORE YOU WANT APPROVAL, THE MORE YOU BECOME A PERSON THAT OTHER PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO APPROVE OF; THE LESS YOU CARE ABOUT WHETHER YOU GET APPROVAL, THE MORE YOU GET..........Life is an attitude. It's what you choose to believe...I would not blame my wife for my unhappiness (if I was) or my parents for my lack of motivation, the economy for my social status, the bakery for my excess weight, my childhood for my phobias or anything else in which I would assign blame points...I am the sum total of the choices I have made in my life.

It was very heated with a few making fools out of themselves.....It wasn't pretty and I must say I'm ashamed of the way some of our fellow Vitran drivers acted. Having said that let me say that J. Hartman is the CT terminal manager in Dallas and handled the heated exchanges in a professional manner. Hartman is from Vitran in Indianapolis and has been the TM 3 months....I must say I like Hartman.....He seems to have a pleasant nature and appears to be a fair person...We didn't get a lot of the answers we needed but he assured us we would have them by the first of the week. We all report to CT Dallas Monday and will be shuttled to get our trucks at the old Vitran. ..We will not report back to Vitran Dallas.....It is done.. This is to the drivers in that meeting that have a **** poor attitude.....If I was Hartman I would do everything in my power to make your life a living hell until you quit....There is no way I would let you get away with the disrespect you showed Monica and JJ.....Talking trash and being disrespectful when all they were trying to do is be helpful...Hartman may let it slide but rest assured If I was your boss...YOU WOULD BE HISTORY !!! I will speak more on the facts as we get them but as of right now I think this acquisition is a good thing....And I'm grateful I have a job until I retire in a few years...Thank you Matthew for saving our ass...Even if some others are too stupid to realize that. Why don't you trouble makers do us a favor and just quit...You are bad apples that need to be thrown out. You are trying to poison the others. Just go if you can't get on board and change your attitude....Instead of getting mad at the world for the way it is, let's accept it and do what we can to improve it. Dallas is a major terminal with 200 doors and a big shop...We have 60 P&D drivers so it's just going to take a little time.

Don't they carry handguns in Dallas openly ? I love Dallas wouldn't want to live there ..lol all brown nosier's should get there ass kicked

It was very heated with a few making fools out of themselves...It wasn't pretty and I must say I'm ashamed of the way some of our fellow Vitran drivers acted. Having said that let me say that J. Hartman is the CT terminal manager in Dallas and handled the heated exchanges in a professional manner. Hartman is from Vitran in Indianapolis and has been the TM 3 months....I must say I like Hartman.....He seems to have a pleasant nature and appears to be a fair person...We didn't get a lot of the answers we needed but he assured us we would have them by the first of the week. We all report to CT Dallas Monday and will be shuttled to get our trucks at the old Vitran. ..We will not report back to Vitran Dallas.....It is done.. This is to the drivers in that meeting that have a **** poor attitude.....If I was Hartman I would do everything in my power to make your life a living hell until you quit....There is no way I would let you get away with the disrespect you showed Monica and JJ.....Talking trash and being disrespectful when all they were trying to do is be helpful...Hartman may let it slide but rest assured If I was your boss...YOU WOULD BE HISTORY !!! I will speak more on the facts as we get them but as of right now I think this acquisition is a good thing....And I'm grateful I have a job until I retire in a few years...Thank you Matthew for saving our ass...Even if some others are too stupid to realize that. Why don't you trouble makers do us a favor and just quit...You are bad apples that need to be thrown out. You are trying to poison the others. Just go if you can't get on board and change your attitude....Instead of getting mad at the world for the way it is, let's accept it and do what we can to improve it. Dallas is a major terminal with 200 doors and a big shop...We have 60 P&D drivers so it's just going to take a little time.

In my opinion, some folks do not understand it is okay to have opinions, notions, and/or feelings that are inappropriate. Personally, I have thoughts and opinions that I will in public speak out against because my logical side usually rules the day.

The ability to put distance between my emotional response and what I say, and how I act is what separates me from animals. I spend some time in spiritual discussion with folks who used to be in prison. One thing they often say is "Cops won't lock you up for thinking crazy, but they will lock you up for acting crazy." The space between my first thought of how to react and my next action is where "God" comes in sometimes. Sometimes not then I have to apologize.

There are folks in this world I could put a bullet in, and be okay with, but that is not rational or acceptable so I do not. There are a lot of things I would like to shout from the roof top, but again, it is not best way to get my point across.

I have made an ass of myself before like those folks RT is talking about, and I felt it like a hangover.

The fact is we are all just a cog in a wheel-a number. None of us are important in the grand scheme of the business. If we quit no one will really care or even remember us much in a few weeks. This frustrates me because I want to be important, but I am not as important as I wish I were so when I get smashed it hurts/make me angry.

Without a miracle, and I am not waiting for one, my question is not whether to stay or go-It is how long do I stay. If you have not been in the LTL world long remember this: LTL world is a small place. The manager you go off on today may follow you to that "good" job you get when you tell CT to get you know what.

No matter the anger and frustration the best any of us can do for ourselves and our families is to exit gracefully.

Glad to hear some are getting answers an have an idea of what's going on so they can make a informed decision to stay or move on, wish everyone the best whatever your choice. Hopefully it will not be long before we get more info so we may do the same.

In my opinion, some folks do not understand it is okay to have opinions, notions, and/or feelings that are inappropriate. Personally, I have thoughts and opinions that I will in public speak out against because my logical side usually rules the day.

The ability to put distance between my emotional response and what I say, and how I act is what separates me from animals. I spend some time in spiritual discussion with folks who used to be in prison. One thing they often say is "Cops won't lock you up for thinking crazy, but they will lock you up for acting crazy." The space between my first thought of how to react and my next action is where "God" comes in sometimes. Sometimes not then I have to apologize.

There are folks in this world I could put a bullet in, and be okay with, but that is not rational or acceptable so I do not. There are a lot of things I would like to shout from the roof top, but again, it is not best way to get my point across.

I have made an ass of myself before like those folks RT is talking about, and I felt it like a hangover.

The fact is we are all just a cog in a wheel-a number. None of us are important in the grand scheme of the business. If we quit no one will really care or even remember us much in a few weeks. This frustrates me because I want to be important, but I am not as important as I wish I were so when I get smashed it hurts/make me angry.

Without a miracle, and I am not waiting for one, my question is not whether to stay or go-It is how long do I stay. If you have not been in the LTL world long remember this: LTL world is a small place. The manager you go off on today may follow you to that "good" job you get when you tell CT to get you know what.

No matter the anger and frustration the best any of us can do for ourselves and our families is to exit gracefully.
It's easy for a man or woman to be graceful when they are not under pressure...Let me use an analogy that you may understand. When you squeeze an orange what comes out? Sweet orange juice....Why? Because that's what is inside.....When you squeeze a human being what comes out? If Bitterness....Jealousy....Hatred....Fear.....and all the other negative emotions come out it's because that's what is inside....You always hope that truth....honesty...optimism and all the positive emotions come out because at that point you know what that persons character is all about because that's what is inside them... The only thing you can control is your character. Grace under pressure!! That's the essence of true character. You can never solve a problem by condemning it. I learned that in the 80's working as a dispatcher at Overnite. Only the ones that know me on here are aware of what I bring to the table...And they also know why I never talk about it. I like to make simplicity part of my daily plans. Simple things are best and its hard to find that in management.

Hey train the after reading your post over the last year would never consider you a but kisser. Hopeful and optimistic and always looking for the silver lining sure.

But from a few people that I have talked to I get the impression that CT really wants to make this work. And there are going to need good people working with them not against them. Who knows made be in a few years CT will have completely turned thereimage around and will be come one of the leading LTL companies.

Hey train the after reading your post over the last year would never consider you a but kisser. Hopeful and optimistic and always looking for the silver lining sure.

But from a few people that I have talked to I get the impression that CT really wants to make this work. And there are going to need good people working with them not against them. Who knows made be in a few years CT will have completely turned thereimage around and will be come one of the leading LTL companies.
Thanks brother 18wheeler....My hope is that someday they will turn their image around....and my brother its not so much for me. I will retire in a few years....It's more for the young men and woman that have invested so many years at Vitran....I don't want to see all that time wasted and be totally in vain....They deserve so much more.

If people believe that being angry will change a past or future event, then they are residing on another planet with a different reality system.

A lot of excellent philosophical posts on here the past day or so. Jon Hartman was a regional VP of Operations back under Mark Kosovec, he had the west and Russ Peters had the east. If Hartman is acting as you said Train then he has changed his ways. When he was VP of Ops and toward the end of his tenure he had become a rather miserable person. His conference calls with his managers were borderline abusive, he had his little favorites that would kiss his butt and make him feel important. Jon did have a good side and I bet he makes for a good barn manager. It truly sounds like he appreciates his job and has changed his ways.

Regarding Matthew, he is a very smart man. The purchase of Vitran is obviously a big bid deal and he cares greatly about making this work. My analogy is this:

Matthew married a new hot wife ( Vitran) with lots of stepkids( employees). Matthew loves his new hot wife and will take any steps necessary to keep her happy. If ever the hot wife got unhappy and wanted a divorce ( things not going well and merger not working) it would cost Matthew millions and millions if that happened. Now to keep the hot wife happily married, you gotta love and embrace the stepkids as if they are your own blood. Matthew has already mentally adopted the Vitran stepkids as his own, trust me when I say that. This merger will define Matthew and it will have a lasting effect on his legacy.

A lot of excellent philosophical posts on here the past day or so. Jon Hartman was a regional VP of Operations back under Mark Kosovec, he had the west and Russ Peters had the east. If Hartman is acting as you said Train then he has changed his ways. When he was VP of Ops and toward the end of his tenure he had become a rather miserable person. His conference calls with his managers were borderline abusive, he had his little favorites that would kiss his butt and make him feel important. Jon did have a good side and I bet he makes for a good barn manager. It truly sounds like he appreciates his job and has changed his ways.

Regarding Matthew, he is a very smart man. The purchase of Vitran is obviously a big bid deal and he cares greatly about making this work. My analogy is this:

Matthew married a new hot wife ( Vitran) with lots of stepkids( employees). Matthew loves his new hot wife and will take any steps necessary to keep her happy. If ever the hot wife got unhappy and wanted a divorce ( things not going well and merger not working) it would cost Matthew millions and millions if that happened. Now to keep the hot wife happily married, you gotta love and embrace the stepkids as if they are your own blood. Matthew has already mentally adopted the Vitran stepkids as his own, trust me when I say that. This merger will define Matthew and it will have a lasting effect on his legacy.
Excellent post Stunman as always....Your one of the best posters on Vitrans forum.

it started when they hired all the former pjax higher ups, they will use the pjax blueprint to do so. the majority of our senior drivers were pjax drivers, just tells you they did something right.

Hopefully Mr. Hartman has changed his stripes. I was less than impressed when he was overseeing our territory. Train your were long on criticism of the "hot heads" but short on details of what made people so angry. Care to enlighten us?

Hopefully Mr. Hartman has changed his stripes. I was less than impressed when he was overseeing our territory. Train your were long on criticism of the "hot heads" but short on details of what made people so angry. Care to enlighten us?
The biggest complaint was not having the information about raises....They have had months to get this information and they should have known the pay progression would be top on the list of questions....If this is a true dovetail then any driver that has been here over 4 years should go to top pay of 20.50.....PERIOD....They would not say that would be the case. They will check into it and get back with us.....That pissed many off but most bit their tongue....The way they do vacation pissed many off as well.....Having to earn it....Geezz I thought we already earned it...But OK I can roll with that. Them saying they would assign trucks but couldn't say linehaul wouldn't get in them and take them leaving us with nothing but junk...Putting us in a sleeper to run a city route...Not training most of us on the dolphins except in this brief Saturday meeting of about 3 hours in which most of it was spent with concerns. Talk about baptism by fire.....The old school guys are so lost and I truly feel sorry for them. They are so stressed trying to learn this system on the fly...It's so wrong on so many levels....I will stop there and keep you posted as the week evolves....It's going to be a long week for so many.

in my case i have 3 wks vac and get that at c.t. to my understanding is if drivers get another week of vac from now on, they have guidelines on that 'earned vac' and if it's not met they have to pay it back.

example: if you have one week already and earn another in 2014, you must be employeed at c.t. may, june, july and august in order to 'earn' that 2nd wk. if you have two weeks and earn another, you must be there sept, oct, nov and dec to earn the 3rd wk. that's what my t.m. told me.