Yellow | Dallas Meeting Information ONLY

We had our meeting today for Local 179 members.....It was a good meeting. Proud to say we overwhelmingly voted NOT to engage in negotiations with YRC. Hopefully the rest of the Locals voted the same.......

Also realize when you "shutter down" you'll also "shutter down" on what we have left of pension

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Also realize when you "shutter down" you'll also "shutter down" on what we have left of pension

You realize Central States is 36 billion in liabilities and 18 billion in ASSETS. Sounds like it's broke already. You good at pulling rabbits out you know what?
We had no meeting. Our local could give a rat's arse about YRC workers

So what?? Work until 2019 with basically NO pension contributions!!! That sounds like a GREAT plan......NOT! How about instead of dragging down the remaining Union trucking outfits with our **** concessions.......we just do this company a favor and put it down. Make no mistake----if we keep voting these concessions in at YRC/Holland/NPME Etc. the rest of the Union outfits will suffer. Go out with some dignity for Gods sake.

Sorry to hear that. Ours(891)jackson ms informative. Company has chance to refi from 12 percent to 6-7. No concessions. 5year deal starts when ratified--not tacked on to current mou. I repeat from ibt no concessions. My local president is willie smith and he is straight with us. At least listen to what is offered

the contract is up 4/01/2015.as distasteful as it is let them make an offer and then decide.saying yes or no without an actual offer is. just. dumb.i want. to see pensions bumped up and the union put an end to all the bull**** letters and get 2 new board members who actually have our best interest .

Sorry to hear that. Ours(891)jackson ms informative. Company has chance to refi from 12 percent to 6-7. No concessions. 5year deal starts when ratified--not tacked on to current mou. I repeat from ibt no concessions. My local president is willie smith and he is straight with us. At least listen to what is offered

I agree to at least listening. I think its foolish not too. But i also think that when they want something from us, they too should listen to some things that we may want in return. They were not very smart and very disrespectful to pull this last minute stunt.
And it could cost us all of our jobs. They know who they are dealing with and know not to pull stunts like this.

Did they say amything about us having any kind of proposals? Or us having any input or is it desired that they just call all shots?
If it's them calling all shots they also arent trying very hard for a yes vote.

If they get no deal, the industry will be a race to the bottom....and all of the midlevel and lower level management will be in the dog eat dog no pay world with us.

Jimmy i bought a house within my means or at least i thought. My mortgage was under $500/month 15 years ago. Its a half of an 1850. NOT NEW NOT SPACIOUS, NOT GREEDY. I have a 2004 Buick which i bought in haste the day GM was being bailed out and thought bad things would happen to loans. My old car died that week.
Thats it for my credit. I WANTED AN OLDER CAR FROM THE LOT BUT THEY SAID THEY WOULDNT GIVE ME THE OLD ONE ON CREDIT...I HAD THE CHOICE OF 2 OTHERS. BOTH AS EXPENSIVE. My 2 daughters went to Catholic school with my money and help from family. only one is in now. No credit is involved.

my only real waste is smoking. God forbid i have one stupid vice in 2013 the year when all are saints.

I DIDNT BUY OR LOAN TONS OF MONEY FOR 4 UNION COMPANIES TO BE BOUGHT, POST-DEREGULATION, WHEN ALL OTHERS HAVE FAILEDD. AND HAVE DEPARTMENTS WHO KNOW ALL ABOUT MONEY, ECONOMY AND NUMBERS. AND GET PAID BUKKU BUCKS FOR IT LIKE THE BANKS AND YRC CORPORATE. DONT COMPARE MY MEASLLY DEBT TO THEIR INTENTIONAL POWER HUNGRY DEBT ADDICTIONS.

AND I HAVENT SAID VOTE NO. I HAVE CONSISTENTLLY BITCHED ABOUT US NOT HAVING A SAY AND THE RIGHT WE SHOULD HAVE TO HAVE A SAY IN RETURN FOR THE HUGE FAVOR THEY ARE ASKING. KK POSTED THAT WE ARE EACH DONATING OVER $122,000 over the next 5 years.
We should have at least some say in that. IF WE HAVE SONE WORDING TO INSURE US OF OUR INVESTMENT IT WOULD BE MORE FAIR.
So.... you bought what you thought was within your means, and then the economy fell apart. exactly the same as YRCW thought they had done. They were on track, and then the economy failed. So it wasn't greed, or stealing wealth. Or any criminal activity. Both they and you tried to do the right thing, and it collapsed. So quit blaming Banks (as you normally do), quit blaming Corporations (as you normally do), quit blaming Reagan (he's dead- but you normally blame him anyway- and (normally) you work in that if only whatever the problem is- not being union is the problem; won't apply here....

Basically- stuff happened- to both you and YRCW. What you have to decide is- is it worth it to continue your relationship with them????? And... can you afford to not?????

You spoke too soon...

I'm not gonna reply to your last post because it takes up too much space.
But once again your bias towards the company and attitude that we owe them everything is present again.
I didnt desire the biggest house on the block. It was within my means. The Fanny and Freddy people who bought the big new homes which i pay for now through taxes did that. I bought small and used. Its over $700 now.

YRC wanted it all.

I would think ninety percent of the people who know anything about this business would have thought that buying us all up and then "acting" surprised about all the pension liabilities wasnt too wise.
I dont think it was an honest mistake at all. And why you take their side is beyond my comprehension. I understand the saving jobs thing......but letting them off as it is unintentional mistakes when they get huge bucks to know that stuff is way off,imo
They have wrecked the business, they and the banks. For a bunch who want no govt regs or oversite, they sure are stupid. I'll be e-mailing Obama as should all of us. Not expecting a bailout but 32,000 jobs on the line is no joke. he dont need no more job loss numbers. It might catch his attention.

I've read through the pages of this thread with interest.... It should be obvious, considering the past few years, that the Company is not wildly profitable and just trying to "take your money"... it is not "out of the woods" as it were. To all those that like to "beat their chest" and proudly display their short sighted thinking, Why are you clamoring for the Closure of the Company? Do you honestly think that it's going to magically make your life better by becoming unemployed, especially at this time?....Yes...I've read the comments about there being "life after YRCF"....while that is true....think about what kind of life that will be for most of you and your families...What I get out of the comments from most of the "vote no" crowd is they are only thinking of themselves.....ohh yes...I know..they claim it's in the best interests for all their Union Brothers and sisters.....but then get back to complaining about how much they lost...and how much this and that.....well consider how much more you would have lost if you had your way in the first place?? ..If it's that bad.....and your so sick of the letters and " stupid management" and all the harassment....and your willingness to "shut her down"..... I ask.. why are you still working there? Remember you claim there is life else where...If you think there is so much to complain about at YRCF... do you honestly think those issues don't exist at other Companies...maybe even more so...??..

The Union that you bash....do you think you'll fare better working someplace without it? yes..I know..there are always exceptions...but it is not likely that every YRCF employee will find better jobs within the industry....Each and everyone should give a lot more deeper thought into this than just your dissatisfaction about your personal experience at work....and getting warning letters...ect...bankrupting this Company is not going to do anything beneficial to the Union.....many complain about the Non-Union companies...Why are you so eager to help bankrupt this Company thus benefiting those Companies? ..Why would they consider your application knowing that you may have contributed to the demise of your Employer? I know I wouldn't want to hire anyone that had a hand in running their former employer out of Business.....

Sure it may sound "glorious" to go out with "dignity" or out in a blaze of glory.....For what? ...just to make a statement?.. How soon will you all be forgotten.....I wonder how much better the Former Employees of Hostess and their families are doing since they voted themselves out of a job?

There are many that not only want this Company to survive...but they need this Company to survive....Why are the no voters so willing to bring financial hardships to their own Union Brothers and Sisters...? It seems simple to me...if your that unhappy...and you believe that it's going to be better else where....Take a stand and go else where and prove it...without causing economic distress for everyone else.... Who Knows..maybe you'll get lucky and find just what you want......

If the Company gets the Extension that it says it needs to obtain refinancing... and remains open....I would say at that point, those no voters should resign....stick to your principals....

It's tragic enough when a large Company fails because it's always going to be the workers that suffer the most.......but it's even more tragic when a company closes due to it's own employees voting to do so...

There is more to think about than just the Individual experience....it is more logical to consider a broader picture... It is truly an issue that is bigger in scope than just ourselves as individuals.....There are a lot of people, and the people that depend on them, to consider...

I would say when it comes time to actually vote.... Leave all the Bravado at home....

I wish the best for ALL those that are still working at YRCF.......

I have just a couple of things to say to you sir, first I want to tell you that I cannot agree with you more, Very well put ; Secondly, Thank you!

I believe that its better for the pension to go broke I'll get a little from the Federal Gov and know that those triple pension people get screwed too. I believe also there's a bigger fish involved like UPS and Fed X to control the whole shipping market. They can pick the others off down the road and Welch can get his pockets lined. This has been planned for years and now the times right so they can blame it on the Teamsters and not bad management that works 250 people all the over time they want with nothing to do. Things will work out in the long run because as long as you got your health then you got everything so Shutter Down and lets move on. He will have justice on the Welch's of the world in this life or the next.

309 YRC Chicago

So.... you bought what you thought was within your means, and then the economy fell apart. exactly the same as YRCW thought they had done. They were on track, and then the economy failed. So it wasn't greed, or stealing wealth. Or any criminal activity. Both they and you tried to do the right thing, and it collapsed. So quit blaming Banks (as you normally do), quit blaming Corporations (as you normally do), quit blaming Reagan (he's dead- but you normally blame him anyway- and (normally) you work in that if only whatever the problem is- not being union is the problem; won't apply here....

Basically- stuff happened- to both you and YRCW. What you have to decide is- is it worth it to continue your relationship with them????? And... can you afford to not?????

What part of No don't you understand ??????

So I was told that what is going on is that they are getting feedback from locals as to see as to wether or not to have the national negotiating committe sit down with YRC. But it doesnt seem that it is being done by some kind of "official" vote count. Some seem to be "the ayes" have it type feedback. When the guys on here which say that their locals were a "no" at the meeting, was it a total "no" to even having the IBT sit down with YRC or just a no to certain things like maybe the extension of the pension deal?
One guy told me that it was a no to the pension extension thing at his local, but is that an actual "no's" have it, to even hearing them out and having negotiations at all?

309 YRC Chicago

No word from local 710. I guess they are waiting for YRC to tell them what kind of bull**** they are to sell to the members .