Yellow | Dallas Meeting Information ONLY

i will retire from yrc no later then july 1 and move toarizona tutone.i get the feeling you are one of those who **** and. moan but when it comes to a. secret vote you will mark yes.one more time , realisticly what do you want?

Have never voted yes to date.

Pilot87, Jimmyg and the others say we should take it and vote yes. We have given them every thing they wanted and when 705 and 710 said no they were forced into the MOU. Now they are coming back and not EVEN telling us what they want. Just trust them because they've got the numbers and it's not good.We've seen them setting up ABF and now they're getting ready to do it to us. If this was such an emergency why no word on what they want? If I have an emergency I'll call the appropriate agency(ie. police, fire,) and tell them the problem, not " I have a problem" then hang up on 911. Why the speculation what they want? I've noticed that most of the people on here but not all, that are saying take it again are former employees. You have a right to your say but you should say that you are not going to live under this. If this is such a good deal for us, why not give us all the information and then explain. Not, we need or else.

all I did was offer alternatives to NO suggestions and lay out the consequences. Vote your conscience- live the consequences...

In the very Few places I suggested a Yes, I stated there are those with no options- vote yes for them and use the extention to find something better, like I did....

Last edited by a moderator:
309 YRC Chicago

all I did was offer alternatives to NO suggestions and lay out the consequences. Vote your conscience- live the consequences...

In the very Few places I suggested a Yes, I stated there are those with no options- vote yes for them and use the extention to find something better, like I did....

WOW how lucky we are to have you inform us of this.

Just because there are lots of jobs doesn't mean you'll be getting one of them.

Maybe someone who recalls CF can verify this for me.
I believe that, if, YRC closed there would be a flurry of activity for about 3-4 months, then, the dust would settle back to normal.

The theory that" I will follow the freight" only works, if, all of our competitors are currently at 100% capacity.....They are not!
Therefore, there will not be as many jobs gained as jobs lost.

309 YRC Chicago

Maybe someone who recalls CF can verify this for me.
I believe that, if, YRC closed there would be a flurry of activity for about 3-4 months, then, the dust would settle back to normal.

The theory that" I will follow the freight" only works, if, all of our competitors are currently at 100% capacity.....They are not!
Therefore, there will not be as many jobs gained as jobs lost.

As far as the drivers go there are a lot of drivers who just got this job for the money and would go somewhere else for the same money. A lot of drivers will look for work in another field anyway. Chicago has plenty of driving jobs available.

Yes you did Jim, but you were on layoff when you did find your better job. At some point don't you think it's time to find out what they want before we vote. They want us to just say yes then they'll tell us what we have to give up. No raises for 5 more years? loss of sick days? Just say no and see what comes about. I've heard nothing here but a letter from Welch saying he's under paid at 700,000 a yr and getting his stock options. What will the board give up? They were suppose to share the pain but that didn't last to long. How about they don't get to cash their stock options in until 6 months after the end of the mou even if they quit. That's the deal we got.:27:

As far as the drivers go there are a lot of drivers who just got this job for the money and would go somewhere else for the same money. A lot of drivers will look for work in another field anyway. Chicago has plenty of driving jobs available.

Who wants to live in Chicago?:bananag:

Yes you did Jim, but you were on layoff when you did find your better job. At some point don't you think it's time to find out what they want before we vote. They want us to just say yes then they'll tell us what we have to give up. No raises for 5 more years? loss of sick days? Just say no and see what comes about. I've heard nothing here but a letter from Welch saying he's under paid at 700,000 a yr and getting his stock options. What will the board give up? They were suppose to share the pain but that didn't last to long. How about they don't get to cash their stock options in until 6 months after the end of the mou even if they quit. That's the deal we got.:27:

They are not asking you to vote for a new contract at this point all they are asking is for a consensus on if you are interested in discussing a early contract negotiation.

309 YRC Chicago

They are not asking you to vote for a new contract at this point all they are asking is for a consensus on if you are interested in discussing a early contract negotiation.

With people that wont honor the contract.

Mr. PiLot087- Thank You. For the kind words- I know we've had much disagreement in other times and places- it means a lot!

For those saying- go to your own board: This is it! I've posted on Truckingboards since 1999. Then it was another owner's. Jeff was a poster known as LTL. Kennesaw Kid had his own corner. There were no 'individual ltl Yellow' forum. Jeff bought it- made it the fantastic site it is. There was KK, LTL, Shifterknob, Red Racer- all before my time. I'd dare to say, except for Jeff and KK, few have posted before me on the Yellow Forum, which became the YRC Forum. This is my home, guys......

Your Welcome Mr jimmy g, Yes we have have had our share of differences of opinions in other times and places....and that would be a good place to leave them to...in other times and places....

Thanks also for the little history of Truckingboards.... I found that to be interesting.. POST ON my friend!

in chicago there are a lot of driving jobs, i'm not sweating my next jig. Would not mind driving for abf.

abf .............. No vacation for 2 years once they get guys in orientation and the steward tells them that .......the guys got up and walked.out lol .....so might not be hard to get job there lol...

abf .............. No vacation for 2 years once they get guys in orientation and the steward tells them that .......the guys got up and walked.out lol .....so might not be hard to get job there lol...
Just wait until the cameras get installed.