Yellow | Dallas Meeting Information ONLY

YRC Worldwide Meets With IBT and Postpones Third Quarter 2013 Conference Call

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Nov. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On Tuesday, November 5, 2013, YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq:YRCW) met with representatives of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) to update them on the company's most recent performance, future prospects and corporate refinancing opportunities. It is the company's intent to engage in formal negotiations, extend its current contract and increase its competitiveness in the market. "An extension of our IBT contract beyond the expiration is an important step in providing our customers the service they deserve and have grown accustomed to and providing our employees long-term job stability, competitive industry-wide wages and outstanding healthcare benefits," said YRC Worldwide CEO and YRC Freight President James Welch.

"Reaching an understanding would be a positive and important step in the future of this company. In addition to securing the jobs of over 26,000 union employees, it will substantially increase the likelihood of a holistic refinancing solution to address the debt maturities in 2014 and 2015," stated Welch.

t

IMO, they want to be able to say that they have a tentative agreement in place with the IBT to extend the contract to offset the bad earnings news........

Also yall think they may be delaying the 3rd quarter outcome until after the meetings all the locals will have this weekend. If we decide there will be no vote or negotiations on an extention they could file bankruptcy and not release the results?

Also yall think they may be delaying the 3rd quarter outcome until after the meetings all the locals will have this weekend. If we decide there will be no vote or negotiations on an extention they could file bankruptcy and not release the results?

Bankruptcy is unlikely. Keep in mind that LU officials have been briefed. Seems to me that what ever occurred in Dallas both sides appear to feel there may be some room for compromise.

Bankruptcy is unlikely. Keep in mind that LU officials have been briefed. Seems to me that what ever occurred in Dallas both sides appear to feel there may be some room for compromise.

I wish I had gotten that feeling of optimism from my BA, but maybe I just took it the wrong way..

My only question would be is the delay in releasing the earnings a valid one?
They're still writing the outcome- like a murder mystery show. First they have to read the reactions from Truckingboards so they know which surprise ending to use.....

notice at the last line of the first paragraph a holistic refi, copetitive wages and outstanding health care bennies. nothing about the pension!!?? well the holistic part is in the last line of the second pargraph.
YRC Worldwide Meets With IBT and Postpones Third Quarter 2013 Conference Call

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Nov. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On Tuesday, November 5, 2013, YRC Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq:YRCW) met with representatives of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) to update them on the company's most recent performance, future prospects and corporate refinancing opportunities. It is the company's intent to engage in formal negotiations, extend its current contract and increase its competitiveness in the market. "An extension of our IBT contract beyond the expiration is an important step in providing our customers the service they deserve and have grown accustomed to and providing our employees long-term job stability, competitive industry-wide wages and outstanding healthcare benefits," said YRC Worldwide CEO and YRC Freight President James Welch.

"Reaching an understanding would be a positive and important step in the future of this company. In addition to securing the jobs of over 26,000 union employees, it will substantially increase the likelihood of a holistic refinancing solution to address the debt maturities in 2014 and 2015," stated Welch.

t