Dart buys competitor Fil-Mor’s equipment, hires drivers

Discussion in 'Dart Transit' started by Jeff, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Dart buys competitor Fil-Mor’s equipment, hires drivers By Clarissa Kell-Holland, Land Line staff writer Things are looking up for many former Fil-Mor drivers and employees as they are being recruited for jobs by their former competitor, Dart Transit Co. of Eagan, MN. In fact, many Dart employees are working through the holidays to assist in this transition.
    Last week, Fil-Mor Express drivers and employees received one day’s notice that the company was ceasing operations.
    The Cannon Falls, MN-based carrier shut down on Friday, Dec. 17.
    After receiving the news about Fil-Mor’s closure this past Friday, Dart’s President Dave Oren was already in negotiations to purchase various assets of Fil-Mor’s that same weekend, according to Steve Gundale, director of corporate communications for Dart.

http://www.landlinemag.com/todays_news/Daily/2010/Dec10/122010/122210-02.shtml

2. Mike432

Mike432 Well-Known Member

Yes, A real GOOD turn! Kudos to Dart !

3. BuzzBeez

BuzzBeez Extraboard Crazy

Can we assume the ex Fil-Mor drivers will remain company drivers or be enticed into truck ownership?
    I didn't think Dart had any company trucks.

4. Mike432

Mike432 Well-Known Member

I believe that there is a sub company in there somewhere that these drivers will be under.I believe the name is Dartco,which is a sub company stated in the article.

5. mnmover

mnmover New Member

Dart bought some trailers and tractors, but not the whole company of Filmor. Dart would like to have the filmore drivers working for them.

6. lowclearance

lowclearance New Member

I'm leasing a truck for a year with ATS. How does the leaseing work with Dart, anybody know?