XPO | Dave McC

dodge ram said:
I do vias every night mostly through XCL to pick off trailers. One night 9 drivers sat at home. 2 nights there was 3 of us taking 5 trailers to Pennsylvaina reships. So much for the conway values. Managment don't have the integrety to hire someone and let him work

i asked my tm about that and he said it was to make up for mty miles to and from the reships. if your only pulling 1 load and 1 mty to xlf and we only have 1 tlr going to xlf, you get the via, and our driver stays home. especially if we dont have much freight coming back. more cost effective for the company. who am i to complain we released an 87% operating ratio in one of the recent filings.... Drinkin it all in......

they don't pay road tax on a empty trailer and also there is always vias going to AY or SN on the way back. L/H told me that since they were put on the spot about cutting runs and creating vias, L/H office is so screwed up they don't know what they are doing anymore and there are so many mistakes it is rediculas

dodge ram said:
they don't pay road tax on a empty trailer and also there is always vias going to AY or SN on the way back. L/H told me that since they were put on the spot about cutting runs and creating vias, L/H office is so screwed up they don't know what they are doing anymore and there are so many mistakes it is rediculas
They are doing the best with what they have.We need to be more supportive of our team.

Here is a good example of bad vias.last wk there was a driver via thru are barn drop a trailer that could run to his barn and make service, and had us build a trailer of the same freight to take with him.did that 3 times last wk. But he said if they keep this up he will be able to buy a new truck next year so keep it quite.

POWDER KEG said:
Here is a good example of bad vias.last wk there was a driver via thru are barn drop a trailer that could run to his barn and make service, and had us build a trailer of the same freight to take with him.did that 3 times last wk. But he said if they keep this up he will be able to buy a new truck next year so keep it quite.
If we could cut 6 board members we could a lot of new trucks.$44.000.000.

gfy said:
If we could cut 6 board members we could a lot of new trucks.$44.000.000.

the heck with that! i want a house not a truck. whew! thank God i didnt sign the purchase papers on the house i wanted. i would've been screwed!

Wow, let me see if I understand this, do three times the work and use more LR for the luxury of driving a new Sterling? HMMM makes cents$ to me.

paul wall said:
the heck with that! i want a house not a truck. whew! thank God i didnt sign the purchase papers on the house i wanted. i would've been screwed!
I lost something in the translation.

MAYHEM666 said:
Wow, let me see if I understand this, do three times the work and use more LR for the luxury of driving a new Sterling? HMMM makes cents$ to me.
If I ship with your company could I get to ride in your volvo.

The answer is no, but you can ship with us and pay your bill then watch your freight go down the road knowing it's decked up and loaded damage free, but I digress.

i was just simply saying that im glad i didnt buy the house because work has been slow. im in the market to buy a house, so id rather have a house than a new truck. copy?