ABF | Davidson in trouble?

who says there's nothing to look forward to in retirement...:)

TT - Graphic Arts as a side biz perhaps?!

(I thought I saw that uniform in the catalog, but...)

uniform sale

who says there's nothing to look forward to in retirement...:)

TT - Graphic Arts as a side biz perhaps?!

(I thought I saw that uniform in the catalog, but...)

Yes, you probably saw it on the cintas website?
PopeJdavidabfcintas.jpg

There are ad people working on Madison Ave. that don't have these skills...MAN oh MAN!

Levity definitely makes the current political climate more enjoyable, doesn't it? Maybe divine intervention is responsible for the recent turn of events...

There are ad people working on Madison Ave. that don't have these skills...MAN oh MAN!

Levity definitely makes the current political climate more enjoyable, doesn't it? Maybe divine intervention is responsible for the recent turn of events...

yeah like he said. creative genius.

uniforms for drivers and popes.

Back when ABF raised the speed limits of the trucks to 62, cintas had to redesign the uniforms for road drivers due to the high speed increase. They were too uncomfortable for everyday use though, so it never worked out.

road-driver-cintas1.jpg

astro bob. a man of many talents.

we should feel blessed to have him lead us.

astrobob.jpg

we need to laugh now and then...

TTMan,
You crack me up. We can always use a good laugh.
We have a lot of serious stuff on here from day to day..... now and then we need a breather and a good laugh? Life is too short, you know? After we laugh, we can get back to business.

We have a lot of serious stuff on here from day to day..... now and then we need a breather and a good laugh? Life is too short, you know? After we laugh, we can get back to business.
No doubt Bro.....hell, I try to stay laughing all the time.

:wtflol:

Bob Y. probably took the key to the executive out house back, since he's managed to **** off every effen employee in the system.

:wtflol:

Bob Y. probably took the key to the executive out house back, since he's managed to **** off every effen employee in the system.

They are really looking for a labor war......

They found a casual road driver from down south in chicago......guess what? hes aint no casual no more....

good work stewards....

ralph, i got your pm. this is why......these guys are playin games, they shoulda waited till i retired....i like plain games......i filed a formal complaint with osha today and the dot tomorrow.....i hope brinkey and fretty packed a lunch. their gonna need it...

like i said before, i think this is a local issue, i dont see anyone else gettin beat up. just the guys in chicago, must be a horse slit management problem

Utility provision

It doesn't seem that everyone realizes what a concession the union gave ABF . In the change from PSE to Utility. The Utility gets know mileage this is up to $380.00 per week less for some runs. The freight will now be moved by the utility driver for considerably less than the linehaul driver. This is to have a very negative impact on linehaul boards.

I've been told that people who like to do these kinds of things use adobe photoshop. But personally I wouldn't know anything about that. most of the pictures I put in here are ones that I sort of find somewhere in my travels on the web........ they just kind of appear from time to time.

After a one year or more ramp-up, why did ABF fold so easily on all of their go it alone contract ideas? Especially the 401k I think BD would have been willing to fight a little bit over some of his pet desires. Was he overruled by some high ranking big-time stock holders? He comes away looking pretty foolish after all of his posturing and bluster of this past year? Lots of questions here. I guess time will tell.

simple answer being
it was time to put up or shut up and since he had nothing to put up he had to shut up:1036316054:

It doesn't seem that everyone realizes what a concession the union gave ABF . In the change from PSE to Utility. The Utility gets know mileage this is up to $380.00 per week less for some runs. The freight will now be moved by the utility driver for considerably less than the linehaul driver. This is to have a very negative impact on linehaul boards.

don't fret brother
i've been told the mileage vs hourly thing is still there and in effect after april1 provided you were on the list for that language
if you are to be hired post april 1 then you may be right
in my part of the system most hourly runs are the higher paid runs with very few exceptions:smilie_132:
abf did not really care about the utility classification as it is basically the same thing pse gave them
the good thing they do not like is the $1 more it will cost them
in greenie land you notice very little difference