Davis,OK.,4 college soft ball players killed,12 injured,Bus & Semi crash.

Yeah, this is yet another sad and tragic twist of fate. There aren't any words that will consul their Families in their grief. God Bless all involved, and Prayers for the 11 injured Players full recovery.

The truckers explanation of the cause does look a bit fishy?
How long was he distracted?
Also you would think once he got into the median & realized he had lost it.
He would of at least held the wheel with all he had to keep from going into oncoming traffic.

I know I would have done everything I could, to avoid taking any innocent lives because of my error.

The truckers explanation of the cause does look a bit fishy?
How long was he distracted?
Also you would think once he got into the median & realized he had lost it.
He would of at least held the wheel with all he had to keep from going into oncoming traffic.

I know I would have done everything I could, to avoid taking any innocent lives because of my error.
Exactly. I don't think the Police are buying his story. As you say, he had 820 ft. to take some sort of evasive action. Was he in the bunk making dinner, or what? Well after the investigation is complete, they said it goes to the DA.

It is SAD and Deplorable when people get killed in Motor Vehicles through NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

Typical of our fettered society:
No charges are pending against Staley.
4 People died yet no charges pending.

Used to be "when caught in the act, one was guilty" yet nowadays one is merely suspected till proven either way.

So staley admitted he was distracted.

Well, he can be "distracted" while not ever again driving any Commercial Motor Vehicles.

The more Truck driving wrecks, Collisions, DEATHS we have, the more the feds will produce restrictions.

If it is proven he was smoking dope,he will be facing at the least 4 vehicular homicide charges.
Which could bring many years in prison,not to mention every other negative issue involving this crash.
All because of a very poor choice as a professional driver.

The truck was owned by a company I once drove for. In just a few months they lost about 10 good drivers and I was one of them. It is an Employee Owned Company that those who run the terminal don't intend for anyone to become fully vested except for the drivers that were their former employees of the company before the buyout. I used to give pre employment driving tests at this company. I hauled milk for them for a year and a half. If you are not in the club they will work you into an early grave. Their parking lot is littered with empty energy drink containers.

This is what happens when you buy a company out and keep the management.

Union Pacific rail Road originally bought out Overnite Transportation,from the company's founder.
After the rail road almost put them under mainly because their core business is rail head to rail head.
They new nothing about dock to dock,or store to door.
When the company was going down hill,the Overnite management bought out the rail road & offered stock on the American Exchange.
A year later UPS bought up all of the stock,however I know for a fact,had UPS not come in when they did Overnite would have gone out of business.
With the old Overnite 'Good Ol Boy Club running the operation.
So I have always thanked God for UPS's desire to purchase a freight division when they did.

Lets see what was this topic?
Oh yes Stinking thinking on the part of this drivers for the choice he made to drive,when he & a lot of others would have faired better if he had of stayed home.

Quickway hauls Kroger ice cream here in Texas. When a driver only drives " intrastate " , he doesn't have to pass a DOT physical. Those prescription drugs mentioned in Do Robbies's link would not pass a P test . I know because one of our drivers years ago was put out of service for 72 hours because he was taking Zoloft ( prescribed ) and it showed up in his urine . Perhaps this driver only ran Texas and didn't have to pass a physical.

Quickway hauls Kroger ice cream here in Texas. When a driver only drives " intrastate " , he doesn't have to pass a DOT physical. Those prescription drugs mentioned in Do Robbies's link would not pass a P test . I know because one of our drivers years ago was put out of service for 72 hours because he was taking Zoloft ( prescribed ) and it showed up in his urine . Perhaps this driver only ran Texas and didn't have to pass a physical.
The wreck occurred in Oklahoma.

Tex. Are you saying that a driver with a class A CDL in Texas running intrastate only does not need a medical card??