Day Route

We got drivers making 26 plus a hr. It'll take me a few years to get that high but it's possible. Plus money isn't everything

GT, just a thought... And believe me, I know the challenge that this is ( remember how many kids I have responsibility to after work every day) but David and I have to keep a workout routing after work almost daily to circumvent the pains that this job brings our bodies. It is at times insanely hard to pull a 16 hour shift; spend an hour+ in traffic to get home and then workout for an hour. The only thing I want to do is make a drink ( in your case relax in some other way) and be a ' normal' person before my 10 hours off ends. But, he's 43 I'm 40. He's been throwing groceries for 10 years and delivered beer kegs before that, I've always worked labor intensive jobs. Without our workouts ( which have slid the last month and we HAVE to get going again because we feel it) we are not as pain free and ready to fight these loads. We don't have the energy during off hours without them.

GT, just a thought... And believe me, I know the challenge that this is ( remember how many kids I have responsibility to after work every day) but David and I have to keep a workout routing after work almost daily to circumvent the pains that this job brings our bodies. It is at times insanely hard to pull a 16 hour shift; spend an hour+ in traffic to get home and then workout for an hour. The only thing I want to do is make a drink ( in your case relax in some other way) and be a ' normal' person before my 10 hours off ends. But, he's 43 I'm 40. He's been throwing groceries for 10 years and delivered beer kegs before that, I've always worked labor intensive jobs. Without our workouts ( which have slid the last month and we HAVE to get going again because we feel it) we are not as pain free and ready to fight these loads. We don't have the energy during off hours without them.

I stayed on shuttle, thats where I'm going to remain, unless I get bid off, which is doubtful, I want to throw groceries but I know I'm better off here, Dianna is happier because I'm not in miserable pain, (she really does care), I have made my peace with it and I will do the best job I know how to do.

I'm glad you like the choice. I'd miss the interaction with *most of the customers.
Even so, take care of your body, GT, you're only 46, you and Dianna have a lot of years left to enjoy after throwing groceries!

I'm glad you like the choice. I'd miss the interaction with *most of the customers.
Even so, take care of your body, GT, you're only 46, you and Dianna have a lot of years left to enjoy after throwing groceries!

Thank you darlin. You and David watch out for each other, ya'll are in this business together! :)

I would love to get on a shuttle run, but they are very rarely posted here, and you need 20+ years of seniority to even have a chance of getting the bid.

I would love to get on a shuttle run, but they are very rarely posted here, and you need 20+ years of seniority to even have a chance of getting the bid.

Are you at a warehouse? I'm at a shuttle yard and at one time it took that long, then one guy had a wreck, one guy retired, and all of a sudden, it opened up, I have 4 yrs and the guys with 7 don't want any part of nights, neither do I really.

Nice thing about nights is no traffic. Nights might not be bad if you have decent hours. My dad starts at 9 and is home around 6

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Are you at a warehouse? I'm at a shuttle yard and at one time it took that long, then one guy had a wreck, one guy retired, and all of a sudden, it opened up, I have 4 yrs and the guys with 7 don't want any part of nights, neither do I really.
Yep, all our shuttles which is not many now run out of the warehouse to the drop yards. When I started they had around 10 shuttle drivers and now it is down to around 4 or 5.

Yep, all our shuttles which is not many now run out of the warehouse to the drop yards. When I started they had around 10 shuttle drivers and now it is down to around 4 or 5.

Ok, we run our shuttles from the yards to the warehouse, that gets trailers back, then out of the warehouse there are 3 shuttle bids, out of yards in the whole state we have 8 bids combined.

GT is alive. Haven't talked to you in a while. Haven't even seen you post on here in a while

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

We have never had a option for 4-10 at our shop, couple months ago they got rid of the split work week. Everyone now works Mon-Fri, they ask for volunteers for Sat, and if they do not get what they need, they force from the bottom depending on if you have hours available. If you are a newer guy with less than 5 years you might be forced to work every Saturday if you have the hours.

We have never had a option for 4-10 at our shop, couple months ago they got rid of the split work week. Everyone now works Mon-Fri, they ask for volunteers for Sat, and if they do not get what they need, they force from the bottom depending on if you have hours available. If you are a newer guy with less than 5 years you might be forced to work every Saturday if you have the hours.

I'm okay with that personally. The 4 days we get range from 10-14 hrs typically.

Last edited by a moderator: