Estes | days inn motel

roadmann

TB Lurker
Credits
what is the worst days inn have you guys stayed at?the worst one i have had to stay in is in west memphis tn.what about bunk houses.never had to stay in one of those places.any good estes bunk house stories.

What's a bunk house?
Something tells me it's one of those places that have a "Motel" sign that flashes on and off like those horror movies.

Well I remember when there was nothing but bunk rooms, and I tell any motel is better than sharing the same stools, and showers and dayrooms with co workers. So it may not be what you want, but it is better than a bunk room, and if not sleep in your truck over the wheel, and wish you had one of the other....wake up drivers, somtimes you have to be greatful about something...

stay at the days inn in west memphis tn.have hookers knocking on your door all night.do they even change the sheets in that dump?no telling what the last person who stayed in your room left on the sheets for you to sleep in.

All you have to do is call central dispatch when you arrive on site at this hotel and complain you want other lodging because of drty linens or whatever. The more you guys complain they will change it eventually.

Been there!

So the hookers are still doing that there huh? I used to stay there back in '99-2000 with Roadway. It was the worst motel in our system. Can't count how many times I got woke up in the middle of my rest there. As for the sheets, I made them change 'em a time or two. NOT GOOD!!!

Well I remember when there was nothing but bunk rooms, and I tell any motel is better than sharing the same stools, and showers and dayrooms with co workers. So it may not be what you want, but it is better than a bunk room, and if not sleep in your truck over the wheel, and wish you had one of the other....wake up drivers, somtimes you have to be greatful about something...

Good job! People need to be happy... Its one way of being wise.

I checked in at the Memphis **** hole days hotel about 2am on a sunday morning . They gave me a room that was occupied , I opened the door and I swear the guy was either snorting cocain or licking the table. I slammed the door shut went the other way and was greeted by the two thugs that serve as security which was not a bad thing because it seems the clerk figured out that she screwed up and sent these guys up to get me. While giving me a new room she said ," Its dangerous to walk into a room like that you could have been shot". Somehow OTR comanies dont seem so bad to me now. Memphis just sucks ,I want a sleeper unit and not a broke down POS with 1 million plus miles on it. And I wont carry a damn board to lay across the seats when Miami , Savanna, Stafford or any of these other lodging arrangments fall through on the weekends.

Man roadpig,
That is a good way to get shot!
That is about as bad of a situation as there could be.
Sleeping in a truckstop, in a sleeper doesn't sound so bad......compared to that.

i understand what you are talking about roadpig. although i have been lucky and never had to stay at any of those places and whenever i did get a motel they were always avail.

some guys have complained here in indy that race days and special events that the motel does not hold the rooms for us. our old terminal manager didnt seem to care, which is really ****ed up for the driver.

more and more guys are getting new trucks, but time sure does go slow when you have over a million miles with springs for suspension.

sounds like you need to make some calls to corporate.

Enjoy the ambience that is MEMPHIS...

I'm convinced that there is an ordinance in Memphis that requires ALL freight haulers to stay on either Brooks Rd. or Lamar Ave... For as long as I can remember, about all freight co.s that have/had terminals in Memphis either had bunkhouses or put drivers up in one of the many rat ho-tels on Brooks or Lamar...

We will stay in no motel unless it's run by Patel...

Hey Sugah! You wanna date?...

Unfortunately it seems there arent many motel choices in Memphis. I hate that days hotel but it is better than the old one we used to use. We were at the baymont next door for a short time which was MUCH nicer but I guess it cost too much. Here is a cost cutting idea for Estes ,maybe tents with the team safety logo on them then they wouldnt have to hassel with bunk houses or motels. Just hang a garden hose next to the out house. Now might be a good time for me to shut up.

edison is nice. some bunkrooms are not that bad. on some weekends i've run into no rooms and had to deal with corporate lodging directly. a sleeper would be nice but with a bigger motor[its just a joke]

turn around bend over and say thank you just like richmond knows you will do