SAIA | Days off

Day Off

In DLS for a personal day we see "The Head Dispatcher" and he checks the day you want, if it is open, you get it. You do have to do a time card to get paid.

PDX region has a form to fill out and give to the TM for vacation. Same goes for a request for a personal day.

Have other Saia terminals been told to cut as many as possible till the end of October? We have 8 drivers at GNC and have been told to cut 2 per day regardless of the amout of freight.

Got to looking at my pay record and I have been cut 5 days in the last three weeks. Thanks Daddy and company. I'll bet you didn't loose any of your pay. :chairshot:

Cuts

BT, you were telling me the other night that you were ready to work on Mon night but didn't get called in till early Tues morn. Thats not really a cut. If you didn't get out till Tues evening that would be different.

I think it was because I have been called so many times on Sun nite/Mon morning that it seems that not being called is a cut. I get really nervous when only making 1700 miles a week. Doesn't make the creditors too happy either.

Sometimes the Tues call comes late enough to be Wed am. Would that qualify?

Yea, I've been using up all those vacation days I rolled over from last year. I'm glad to have had them. I may have to dip into the personal days if things don't pick up.

Hope the bids leave something for lil ole me.