Days...

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Well, nights are over, I'm on days starting today, wouldn't ya know it I can't sleep!! Going to Bartlesville OK, I have no idea where anything is in that town, you all wish me luck!:crybaby:

Just drive around until you find your stop. Or, do what I do; call and ask for directions. Got to do that alot since lately alot of the invoice have po boxes or no addresses at all, just a street.

Just drive around until you find your stop. Or, do what I do; call and ask for directions. Got to do that alot since lately alot of the invoice have po boxes or no addresses at all, just a street.

Well it turned out to be a real stupid day, I had to wait an hr at my 3rd stop for them to come in, had a 28 with 674, I haven't pulled a pup in a year, it was a real cluster, I got in an hour behind, only had 13 stops, 11.5 hrs to do it, I'm really ashamed of myself, to add insult to injury, my boss did an observation on me and found several things I was doing wrong, the girlfriend and I are arguing, just a bad day all around.

Tomorrow will be better, I have faith, I know it will be much better :)

You going to be pulling a 28 for now on? It'll get better but what did you do wrong? And the girlfriend will get over whatever it is you guys are aruging about atleast mine does.

Get a GOOD GPS( I got the Rand McNalley TND 500). I was so glad I had mine today. Did a route for a driver on vacation. 15 stops, 305 mils, one p/u and 823 cases. I had NO CLUE where anything was. By the way, I HATE YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know where I'm going, thurs 703 cases, 15 stops 186 miles, 11.75 hours, I'm diying here, my ABC is ****ed, I may as well just drag my feet 2 get the hrly pay tomorrow, I can't wait for this bid to be over!! I'm going back on nights for sure!

I know where I'm going, thurs 703 cases, 15 stops 186 miles, 11.75 hours, I'm diying here, my ABC is ****ed, I may as well just drag my feet 2 get the hrly pay tomorrow, I can't wait for this bid to be over!! I'm going back on nights for sure!

Thursday:723 cases, 265 miles, 13 stops. 11 hours(I was lazy, I waited for a dock).
Friday:524 cases, 100 miles, 10 stops, 2 backhauls, 10 hours. The backhauls take the most time.
As for getting a GPS, I know where I'm going, most of the time. I have two new stops on moday though. One is a former stop, re-opening under a new owner. Know it well. The other is a new stop. Never been there. GPS should get me there. Wednesday I ran a route I never did before. GPS helped alot. This past month has been HELL! One driver on medical leave till the first of july, two drivers quit, both were extra drivers. So both our supervisors have been driving(both have "B"). every week another driver on vaction, so I filled in for the "A" route on wednesday. We have a new driver starting monday, 2 more we are waiting to get drug test back on, one coming in for an interview on monday.

Thats good, I hate being short handed, I started at 0530 today and got done at 1745, had to skip stop 2 and go back at the end of the day, I had 1002 cases and 13 stops, I had some really hard stops one got 330 cases and it sucks to deliver, another got 183 and its a time consuming stop, I had a 42' with the tandems fixed to the back, in the worst part of town they could have put me in with that trailer, all I could do was relax and keep a pace, and laugh alot, I left work with a splitting headache, I never get headaches, I gotta get off days, 12 hrs on days is an eternity, I used to do 12 on nights and it didn't feel bad at all, gotta figure this out.

Thats good, I hate being short handed, I started at 0530 today and got done at 1745, had to skip stop 2 and go back at the end of the day, I had 1002 cases and 13 stops, I had some really hard stops one got 330 cases and it sucks to deliver, another got 183 and its a time consuming stop, I had a 42' with the tandems fixed to the back, in the worst part of town they could have put me in with that trailer, all I could do was relax and keep a pace, and laugh alot, I left work with a splitting headache, I never get headaches, I gotta get off days, 12 hrs on days is an eternity, I used to do 12 on nights and it didn't feel bad at all, gotta figure this out.

Who did you pizz off? LOL

Who did you pizz off? LOL

No one my friend, its just what was left to bid on when it came my turn, because I did key drop for a year and threw 1100-1200 cases a night the router thinks I can handle it on days I guess, the difference is I have to deal with ppl and traffic and stop lights ect., yesterday I had a stop at the mall, got that done and my next one was 3 miles away, it took nearly 20 min to get there with traffic, I never had that heartburn on nights, it kills my cases per man hour, therefore lowering my pay, just part of days I guess, IDK why any of these guys want to work days.

GT calm down man. Its not all about money. I know why guys want to work days. Better hours and to me better home time with family. Thats why i want to switch. Start at 4 or 5 am and be done around 1 or 2. Are trucks only do about 4 or maybe 5 stops a day but its like 600 to 900 cases a day. Yeah to me its about money because im the only one working. But also spending time with my family is more important. But thats just my take. Just keep your head up and things will get better.

Brother, it is about the money, I don't do this for my health, my routes aren't 5-2 its more like 5-5, its irritating, I'm ready to get my night job back, my last check on nights was 1594.06 I will post my first check on days, I can assure you it will be much less!

Brother GT i guess we look at it differently and thats ok. I shouldnt say all are trucks are 5 to 2. They do work longer. On somedays and others shorter. But they also drive a hour and a half to there first stop because there driving from eau claire wi to the twin cities. If i goto days its because they put a truck on the border so i wont be putting on as many miles as those guys. Didnt try and get you going lol. I understand taking a pay cut sucks

Brother GT i guess we look at it differently and thats ok. I shouldnt say all are trucks are 5 to 2. They do work longer. On somedays and others shorter. But they also drive a hour and a half to there first stop because there driving from eau claire wi to the twin cities. If i goto days its because they put a truck on the border so i wont be putting on as many miles as those guys. Didnt try and get you going lol. I understand taking a pay cut sucks

Its ok, your my Brother Money, I am just griping, I'm glad to have a job, I'm just bitter that I got bid out of my night job, days suck.

Its ok, your my Brother Money, I am just griping, I'm glad to have a job, I'm just bitter that I got bid out of my night job, days suck.

Ya it sucks, but remember you are towards the bottom of the list. It's going to happen. Work through it and at the next bid, try and get your nights back. The longer you stay, the easier it gets. I truely hated my Thursday route when I first was put on it(we're non-union, we can get put on any route). Worked through the first few months of it and now I have two other drivers that will fight in then parking lot for it if I every give it up. Funny, when the driver gave the route up, all the other drivers ran and hide but now they want it. TOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I'm not looking for the best day route out there, to be honest, I'm just unhappy, no one ever wants nights, its always the bottom guy that gets it, one of the top guys bids the first key drop and the second is always slid to the bottom, I have 3 guys under me, its got alot to do with money, but it has more to do with routes and my work life, I'm sure I will get adjusted soon, its been a tough transition, I was on nights for almost a year, I wake up at 2300 every night, can't get to sleep, then when I do I sleep hard, can't hardly wake up, I was late one day and got a letter for it, I have to get adjusted soon.

I used to start work at 1 am when I was at Dawn and I hated starting that early. I just hate going to bed at 5 pm to get sleep. Thats why to me days are better because you can spend time with family and friends and your weekends arent screwed up. I start work at 4 pm on sunday and I dont really like that because if i'm gone for the weekend I gotta cut it short with my family because everyone works monday thru friday. But its all what you want. I had routes I hated at Dawn like I hated my thursday route because I was in south minneapolis all day. It wouldnt have been so bad if I had a like a 36' instead of a 48 but dawn didnt have any shorter trailers. I also hated the route that went to downtown minneapolis and still pull a 48' down there. I didnt know you had 3 guys under you GT. You have guys quit or that busy?

We are just that busy Brother, we lost one guy on the bottom he transfered, my friend out of Muskogee bought a business and called it quits with the groceries, so now I have 2 under me, I hope the boss hires another guy, we need it, everyone works on fridays, no one is off unless on vacation, IDK what we will do this friday, being a man down, guess it will all work out, I just like nights always have, I told them I would come to work at 2200 if they would let me, can't get a trailer here that early though.