Dayton Freight - Milwaukee is hiring Linehaul drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers Wanted' started by miltowntrucker, Mar 3, 2018.

1. miltowntrucker

miltowntrucker Member

Dayton Freight is Hiring 5 Class A CDL Linehaul Drivers in Milwaukee Home everyday Great Pay(.565 CPM starting) and Great Benefits No Doubles or triples must have Hazmat and tanker endorsement. Apply at Daytonfreight.com . CLASS A TRANSPORTATION DRIVER

jimmy g likes this.
  2. 1shot

1shot New Member

How many miles a week do you think a new guy would run? Do they work the dock? Thanks in advance.

3. miltowntrucker

miltowntrucker Member

A new Linehaul driver will get anywhere from 350-640 miles a night. The nice thing is if you don't get enough miles you can go out and do P&D in the morning if you want. Last week I didn't get a lot of miles so I had 15 hours of P&D. The week before that I had good miles so I didn't do any P&D.

We don't have to work the dock in Milwaukee and that is the same at most terminals however we do have 1 run that requires a couple hours of dock and 1 other run that occasionally requires 1 or 2 dock hours on Friday nights. The hourly rate to start is $21.94 for P&D and working the dock for drivers with a raise every 6 months until top scale after 2 years, all wages will go up in April with our annual wage increase as well as the CPM will go up too.

Also Dayton is opening/building new Terminals in Madison and Sturtevant where the Milwaukee terminal is moving too. That is going to change things and open up more runs when some guys transfer to Madison. It is a good time to get in and move up quick.

It is a pretty good company to work for well I like it and we have a lot other long term drivers that came from other LTL companies.