FedEx Freight | Dayton Road driver...

MOMONEY!

TB Lurker
Credits
Was struck by a truck yesterday in our yard while walking in a cross walk... He's in bad shape... Everyone keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the updates , our prayers go to him for a speedy recovery.

Any details ?

What hit him ?

City , Road , Hostler , Outsider making a p/u ?

He is in our prayers please keep us updated day sup are tight lipped about it dont want to discuss it last night that drivers son is redshirt in my lane and a darn good guy.

It can happen sometimes In a rush and the mirrors can give you blind spot if your not careful covers the persons fullbody in certain situations

It can happen sometimes In a rush and the mirrors can give you blind spot if your not careful covers the persons fullbody in certain situations

Or if someone is in a rush to make gate. There are numerous possibilities. All that is important is that everyone remember, something like this can't be taken back.

Prayers for this driver for a speedy recovery.

Hope he recovers with no permanent issues.
I see orange reflective vests in our future.

That's how it started at UPS freight. Hostler hit and killed a driver in St. Louis and the vests appeared shortly after. It still doesn't solve the rush atmosphere that the company creates with the silly numbers game.

That's how it started at UPS freight. Hostler hit and killed a driver in St. Louis and the vests appeared shortly after. It still doesn't solve the rush atmosphere that the company creates with the silly numbers game.

I understand where your coming from but personally I appreciate the effort they give to ensure these gate times are met. Without these parameters many here would be working much longer days

I have seen on more than one occasion a "safety" guy spying on drivers in the yard doing their drops and hooks while wearing all black clothes.

I have seen on more than one occasion a "safety" guy spying on drivers in the yard doing their drops and hooks while wearing all black clothes.

Hmmmm.....a clandestine operation? Very stealthy if ya ask me. They should dress those CK'ers in black ninja garb for maximum effect. A-holes.
Maybe they should hide in the bathroom stalls too to ensure we're washing our hands(plenty of guilty participants there)

Wow, I'd love to find someone sneaking around the yard dressed in black.
"Hello, 911? Yes, I think there is someone trying to break into our trailers.
Yes, all dressed in black, sneaking around the yard."

Wow, I'd love to find someone sneaking around the yard dressed in black.
"Hello, 911? Yes, I think there is someone trying to break into our trailers.
Yes, all dressed in black, sneaking around the yard."

Looks like they have an assault rifle and he's smoking a cigarette !

I understand where your coming from but personally I appreciate the effort they give to ensure these gate times are met. Without these parameters many here would be working much longer days
I DISAGREE TOTALLY!! The numbers game that is played is Blah Blah Blah AT BEST! They ( beat, grip , push, yell ) every single B.S down our throats and turn around and fudge those same numbers everyday! Wonder why morale and certain centers have union issues. Pounds per hour and bills per hour is **** pour at best. Heck most operations don't have the proper individuals running IB or OB worth a crap. As long as trailer load average, trailer bill average and especially cut times are met the loaders met there goals on that shift for the day..