Daytona 500

Today I was reminded why I stepped away from NASCAR. It's too much like Formula 1 nowadays. I sure miss the beating up fenders and grass passing of the old school days, but back then NASCAR actually had street legal stock cars that could take a beating. The current templates would fall apart if you sneeze on them.

Gen6 car on a super speedway=BORING!!!:p

Just watched it. It what was I expected. Single file racing first 190, then got to racing the last 10. It was a new car, so I didn't expect good racing for most of the race.

Finish was good. Happy for Danica. She was smart and patient. Made me eat my words. Told my wife she would fall back early and stay mid pack.

Two of my three got wrecked early( Harvick & Stewart ), but Jr finished 2nd. Good start for him.

Today I was reminded why I stepped away from NASCAR. It's too much like Formula 1 nowadays. I sure miss the beating up fenders and grass passing of the old school days, but back then NASCAR actually had street legal stock cars that could take a beating. The current templates would fall apart if you sneeze on them.

Hell that would be the sixties & seventies!

Sure do miss them old guys,though Martin had a good race.No Earnhardt,Elliott,Wallace,Allison,etc leave me with nobody to pull for or against.I was always pro Elliott and anti Earnhardt.

Gen6 car on a super speedway=BORING!!!:p

Any kind of car on that track for 200 laps is like watching grass grow. I was ready to hang myself after 10 min. Do not get NASCAR one bit? I tried yesterday though...just couldn't take it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Aye. That is the definition of real racing. Back when the manufacturers actually competed against eachother.

Well thats the idea of the new car, I'm not ready to bash on the new car after one race. I miss the racing of early 90s.