R&L | daytona resort

str8 trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
anybody going to the resort next week or the week after?we should be there next weekend and hopefully the memoeial day weekend.just wondering if i get to meet any of you

I know a SCR driver that is there this week. Don't know of anyone up this way that will be there for the long weekend though.
I'll be in Bermuda next week. :1036316054:

nope not me but we did try to get your room and wil said no go.i cant believe you found this place.how did you hear of it.i've been trying to tell other drivers about it but i dont think i mentioned it to you

I know a driver that used to work at Overnite here in Rochester.
He transferd to Overnite in Fort Myers Florida.
Left Overnite for Southeastern,that shared the same terminal with Overnite.
The last I knew he was a city driver at Gator.
He was telling me that Gator,and R & L were the same company that they owned resorts accross the country,and their workers could get free rooms.
Is this a true story?

Is this a true story?

Yep, it is, but not really across the country, just Florida and the Smokey Mountains area of Tenn.

Straight from the R&L website.....

R+L Carriers now has three beautiful employee resorts.
An exclusive Employee Resort is a benefit that few, if any other companies provide for their employees. R+L offers not one resort, but now, three!. Employees are encouraged to spend their vacations at our hotel in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee or at our resort in Ft. Myers, Florida, free of charge. And now, opening in July of 2006, we are proud to announce our third resort located in Daytona Beach, Florida which is also available to employees free of charge. Feel free to bring along your immediate family as well. Click on the colored links to take a closer look at the properties and maps with directions.

Offering such features as swimming pools, hot tubs, beautifully furnished rooms and a family oriented atmosphere, the R+L Resorts have been an enormous success with our employees.

One employee said about our Ft.Myers Beach Resort, "...My wife and I had a great time in Ft.Myers, what a beautiful place for our honeymoon. The room we had offered everything that we needed, and much more. With the resort being centrally located, it made it easy for us to find restaurants and recreational activities, we will definitely be going back again."

Wow thats a great benefit for you R & L,and Gator workers.
Resorts cost a lot of money to spend more then one day there.

I live in Rochester NY,and our area is serviced by R & L terminals in Buffalo,and Syracuse NY.
So for me to resign from UPS Freight and hire on with R & L to be able to get a free hotel room is totally out of the question.

I know UPS gives us a lot of discounts,like I get a 22% discount off my Verizon cell phone.

But I don't think they can give me a free hotel room like you lucky folks?
Oh well we can't have everything.