Dayton's Future

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by biglarry28, Jan 13, 2013.

1. biglarry28

biglarry28 Member

So I work for another LTL company that may as well be named Titanic express and I need to start looking for a life boat. From what I have been reading it seems most of you guys are happy with Dayton. My question is what does the future look like for Dayton? Can you give me any real numbers? Dayton's financials are not available to me so I have no idea of your total revenue, is it increasing? what are the trends? are they planning to increase their market share where they are or do they have expansion plans? It looks like your getting a profit sharing check, I would be curious to know what your O/R is? I don't like to job hop as I have been with "Titanic express" for nearly 20yrs so I'm looking for someplace with stability, competitive pay and a decent 401k where I can finish out my last 20 yrs before I retire. Thanks

2. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

I am looking for somewhere so the day you start you can just go up and not back down again like I do at the Big E.

3. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

It is possible to get 'bumped down' on the board here at Dayton Freight, as transfer from one board to another are allowed and seniority is 're-gained' with the driver that jumps boards.

4. DMT

DMT Well-Known Member

I have read a story about Dayton saying they bought land in Joliet IL for a new terminal.Sounds like a positive thing.

5. bmxdad36

bmxdad36 New Member

Actually it's in Crest hill, a new 195 door terminal, expandable to 300, is going up at this very moment, to replace the current mdw location.

6. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

Ya but we have 4 different categories just on the Road side of things, Linehaul, Hub, Utility, Team, and year to year you have know idea what they are gonna give more to or less as far as runs..

7. shank

shank New Member

There is a full time linehaul position open in St. Louis St. Peters. The job description sounds more like working the hub with loading and unloading. Do the linehaul drivers do a lot of dock work? Do they get home on weekends for a 34 hour restart or an actual 2 days off?

I hear nothing but good things about Dayton. I talk to their drivers when I can and will probably apply to this postion in st. louis Mo.

Any St, Louis specific info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8. righturnclyde

righturnclyde Member

What's the ETA on Joliet location? What's starting pay?

9. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

As of earlier this spring the goal was sometime around Labor Day, not sure if the prolong wet weather has slowed anything or not.
    Wages for all labor positions will be the same as the rest of the company systemwide.