FedEx Freight | dcu chick

nina

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey fellas, Any of your centers have a chick on the dock? We do at dcu-AL, me! :surprised:What's your opinion on it? We are a smaller LTL, but are getting a new terminal soon, i hope.

No big deal. If you can do the job, then great. We have a few here in Portland, Or. I'm a line driver and we have 2 here doing that job. I feel that it doesn't matter to most people who or what sex you are, just as long as you can do the job is all that matters.
I wish you well and please be safe!!!!!!

Welcome to the boards Nina,

there are a few on the dock and at least 1 in the city here in STL.

The "Dispatch" has been listing ladies at different centers now for the last few issues.

FM

If you work at FXF we have a newsletter/publication put out by the co called "The Dispatch" the last few times it was published (issues).

FM

oh, we just moved and I haven't got all of my mail in the last two months so no I haven't seen it.

My husbands terminal has a female on the Docks..she is in the process of getting her CDL. My husbands cool with it as he has OTR and LTL exp. and knows darn well women can drive trucks and fork lifts and everything else in between..As a matter of fact I can't remember him telling me anything negative from the other dock workers or drivers.:cool:

Thanks! I have been on the dock for a year and a half now. I absolutely love it. I'm in a leadership program and I only have one more week left of training. Then I have to look for a job at a different terminal. I would like to find something close to home and in outbound, but it is not looking so promising at the time.:rolleyes:

Welcome

nina welcome !
The girls that we have on our dock do
just fine as well as the girl drivers we have.
Good Luck / Smokestack

We have a couple of part time dock associates in KCY and several city drivers. The only time I had a problem with any of them (and it was really the dispatcher) was when I was in the city and my dispatcher asked me to hang around Hallmark Cards (evening swap) for about 45 minutes to help her get hooked up.

I asked the dispatcher where my help was and she didn't have an answer so I left. :-)

I'm sure she didn't even need help anyway, just a dispatcher trying to be nice or whatever. I told the city driver about it later and she was offended that the dispatcher asked me to do that.

roog

I can't stand for our assistant to try and "make" someone help me- Most of the time I don't need help-I've aquired some strength. But if I ever do I know who doesn't mind helping me. I think it should be equal out there, if you can't do the job find another. Some jobs just weren't meant for certain people-male or female.=)

Hey Nina, no problem here at all with females working with me. I'm no body builder, only a stupid person hurts themselves doing something without asking for help. We all work together. I'd ask for help anytime I really need it. As long as someone doesn't abuse "help" , which it sounds like you do not, then the world would be a much better place if "We All Worked Together"....