Reddaway | Dead Rumors

Dude, wake up!!! Bestway Employees Suck!!

:TR10driving03:
Sorry man didn’t mean to strike a nerve. Everything you said is true I know about the ridicules fees Reddaway pays to YRC, the rent for terminals, 6 months rent would buy the place. But take YRC out of the equation. Bestway was doing fine until they picked up Home Depot. We as Bestway drivers use to get a profit sharing check every year, on our weekly check stub would be a statement” your share of our success is $$$$”. One year in September we picked up the home depot account, at the time my share of Bestways success was 1,300, when I got my profit scaring check it was 57 dollars. Home depot sucked out 9 months of profit out of Bestway in two and a half mounts. That was the last profit sharing check we ever saw, and this was pre YRC. Also if you look at Reddaways history they were money making machine until Bestway came along but it wasn’t Bestway or YRC that drug Reddaway down It is Home Depot. Like I said before If Reddaway loses Home Depot half the guys will lose their jobs. If reddaway keeps Home Depot everyone loses their job. My gut feeling is that someone is getting a kick back from Home Depot that will set their family up for generations. Look I know you’re a proud, loyal Reddaway employee but that company is gone only the name remains.
You still didn’t show me the math:pirate2:

You sound just like Stone, always trying to divide the drivers. My Bestway terminal was always profitable, to prove it, I used to get 2000 plus bonus checks based on profits. After 20 years with the company I've earned my senority the hard way. It's a good thing you listened to Stone about the Union, its sounds like he sure gave you the best advice. Why dont you call his cell phone, see if he answers? Both Reddaway and Bestway were great companies. Reddaway maybe even a little better. When Reddaway drivers moved into my Bestway terminal, it was uncomfortable for awhile, however I never talked down the Reddaway name or their Drivers level of professionalism. A lot of great Reddaway drivers came to work at my terminal. We blended our accounts and their accounts and have made a very profitable terminal. You most likely dont know the history of the two companies, because you were not here. We have for many years now had to answer to a parent company. First "TNT" then "USF" and of course now "YRC". Parent companies choose where you expand. They chose to expand Reddaway into Utah, Colorado, etc. And expanded Bestway into Texas. Texas was a mess, that could not be fixed. We could fill a lot of trailers for Texas, but they sent mostly emptys back. It was always bad business. Every new Texas terminal was a drain on the once very profitable Bestway. I'm glad that Reddaway fixed that problem. However, that too was the parent company finally realizing that Texas was unfixable. Hopefully the new Reddaway is sold to a healthy investor who reinvests some of the profits back into us, instead of stripping of us of every dime. And I hope you get called back as well. But if you do come back, I hope you realize who your friends are.

bitter?

Reddaways troubles came when Yellow/ Roadway bought them out. Then, Reddaway in turn absorbed(for lack of a better word) Bestway. Then instead of having the bestway drivers reapply for a reddaway position, They were dovetailed in. This in turn allowed the Bestway driver that were bringing their former company down. to now form a cancer at Reddaway. I work at Their Redding,Ca terminal. I'm presently laid off but, work whenever they need my services. I want to know if its possible to become a employee owned/employee operated company. then we will be the masters of our own destiny

another bitter reddaway driver:biglaugh::biglaugh: I hope this whole company turns into the old bestway!!!!!