dead

dead on here. Guess the light is finally getting dimmer and fading.
i think your right there's not one post for over a month here. the last one was about a t/o brother that pass on. there still a lot of us out there . but like you said the light is getting dimmer everyday.and that a:TR10driving03:

It is kind of funny that you guys are talking about this... I just pulled out of my closet a new CF hat and started to wear them again. My friends that know me asked me why I was wearing that old hat... I simply told them that I am prouder to wear this hat than the a hat from last company that I worked for. CF lives on!!!!

At least here in Erie Pa.
:smilie_132:

I got some i have never had on my head i got them put up i'm going to let grandson have after i'm gone along with my two rings watch and all the pins patchs of 25years

It is kind of funny that you guys are talking about this... I just pulled out of my closet a new CF hat and started to wear them again. My friends that know me asked me why I was wearing that old hat... I simply told them that I am prouder to wear this hat than the a hat from last company that I worked for. CF lives on!!!!

At least here in Erie Pa.
:smilie_132:

Funny you mention that, I started wearing my old "CF Chicago" hat while on vacation in Wisconson last week. A few people did double takes to see it and one older guy asked me " Did'nt they go out of business ?" I said no they just changed their name to conway and fired everybody......he gave me a lost look.

Funny you mention that, I started wearing my old "CF Chicago" hat while on vacation in Wisconsin last week. A few people did double takes to see it and one older guy asked me " Didn't they go out of business ?" I said no they just changed their name to Conway and fired everybody......he gave me a lost look.

I have 6 or 7 jackets that are in perfect condition too. Like i said before i am a lot more prouder to wear them than the last company I was at.

:clap: i like that one. i bet he was a con=way driver.:clap:

No... you need to give the benefit of thought... there is no way I will work for Conway...after CF it was Central Transport for awhile then Holland till they closed the terminal. The Holland terminal in Erie did more bills per day than any other trucking company in town... so go figure close the terminal and run it out of Cleveland and Buffalo... longer stem times are better right???:ranting2:

Also the newest terminal and I think the largest (40 doors) in Erie that has dock bumpers... for that cold winter wind that comes off lake Erie... sits empty. Go figure.:TR10driving03:

No... you need to give the benefit of thought... there is no way I will work for Conway...after CF it was Central Transport for awhile then Holland till they closed the terminal. The Holland terminal in Erie did more bills per day than any other trucking company in town... so go figure close the terminal and run it out of Cleveland and Buffalo... longer stem times are better right???:ranting2:

Also the newest terminal and I think the largest (40 doors) in Erie that has dock bumpers... for that cold winter wind that comes off lake Erie... sits empty. Go figure.:TR10driving03:

i hear you stimpy i didn't mean you at all. i got on with roadway then holland myself some nights we move over million pounds a night we just had 39 doors here in knoxville most nights we had at least two trailers going your way.every night they needed to close by 1030 lol how do you close a million by 1030.if we were lucky we might get out at two or three in the morning. :Off-Topic:

See CF will always live on in the hearts of us who worked for the best freight company in the business. They didn't get the MILES AHEAD slogan by accident

When I was working at Yellow I told another supervisor " I may be Yellow proud but I still bleed red & green".

i still think we had the best T/O DRIVER SALE MANS DOCK WORKS office workers in freight we had a few bad apples but over all we had the best and we work hard to keep cf afloat to. good luck cf brothers & sisters

hey guy's I remeber CF,my Dad drove for Gateway out of Milwaukee for 37 years,when I started driving after I retired from the USAF in 1991,CF drivers were some of the best out there. I drive for Averitt Express now, GOD BLESS,your not forgotten