Deadly shooting at Texas Church

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Keepingon, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

• [​IMG]

CCXdriver likes this.
  2. Magoo

We have plenty to go around for 5 threads.
    Gunz are our most popular subject

3. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

News said the military failed to report the shooters record as required. That probably would have stopped legal sales to this guy.
    Now the lefties want more government regulations so the government can screw those up too.

4. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Maybe if our nation had not turned its back on God and destroyed our moral compass and traded govt for a higher power, these things would not be happening
    Maybe if what was horrible behavior a mere couple of decades ago was not only accepted but strived for (IE children out of wedlock) things like this would not be happening
    we have lost our way

PS- almost 30 shot in Chicago this weekend just like every weekend and no one seems too outraged there

jimmy g, Northern Flash and flybynite like this.
  5. Magoo

Lets not kid ourselves, we all know how to stop this murder.
    But your selfish, you would rather have that toy in hand then to save the lives of those who will yet to be shot.

So we go on and pretend we're flustered and don't know what to do.
    Come on people, your better then that

6. Rastus

One thing you Marxists can't accomplish is get those pesky guns and it drives you nuts.
    If you want them why don't you come and get them, pus*y.

7. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

I wondered if he bought the firearms legally. Most state have laws that forbid anybody convicted of assault to buy firearms. Usually military records follow anybody that served in the military for their life. I know anytime I applied for anything that required a background check (CDL, CCW) I was asked if I served in the military. When I gave my service number that was enough to start the process. I can't think of any reason the military would not make his less than honorable discharge accessible to agencies authorized to investigate.
    Many if not most crimes are committed with stolen weapons.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    flybynite likes this.
  8. DCM_Doc

One more armed citizen could have made the difference in casualties at that church. One armed citizen on each plane that went into the World Trade Center & the Pentagon could have saved thousands of lives. A box cutter is no match for a handgun in the hands of an experienced shooter.

9. Rastus

He had to lie on his background check to pass it, regardless that in itself is a crime.
    I believe a domestic violence conviction is a disqualifier.

flybynite likes this.
  10. DCM_Doc

The domestic violence conviction doesn't even have to a weapon involved in the assault to disqualify one in a background check.

flybynite likes this.
  11. flybynite

flybynite Active Member

I'm not flustered, I believe that you're the flustered one. A firearm is not a toy. And yes, two neighbors shot at this freak. It would of been worse. Texas, nah I don't think so. They aren't gonna bow down to liberal agenda. Now the left coast, yes. Hey Magoo, what about all of the gangsters carrying. They going to start abiding by new gun laws. Hell no. I would rather have a weapon to protect my family and neighbors, then to cower down. Responsible gun owners abide by the laws. This shooter is not a example of a responsible person. So tell me Magoo you're siding with the shooter. Read the 2nd amendment. Refresh yourself on what makes our country the greatest country in the world.

jimmy g and Keepingon like this.
  12. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

I don’t know if it’s different state by state but I do know in most a misdemeanor which is what his charge was can be removed from someone’s record and their misdemeanor record can also be sealed if they meet certain criteria like no other infractions for a certain amount of time. Given his young age I doubt he met that criteria does anyone know if the military seals a persons record or removes misdemeanor charges after a certain amount of time?

13. DCM_Doc

As best I know a dishonorable discharge follows a person for life. Unless there has been a change the military doesn't classify convictions as felony or misdemeanor. A soldier usually gets more lenient sentences from a military judge than from a military jury. The recent sentence by a military judge with no prison time for the traitor that deserted & was responsible for death & injury of soldiers trying to find him is an example.
    I am still curious as to why the military failed to make available the shooters military record to appropriate law enforcement agencies.

Keepingon likes this.
  14. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Once the Dimms take care of this problem,maybe we can have a conversation(never gonna happen).The only ones affected by new gun laws will be law abiding citizens.

Northern Flash likes this.
  15. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...-buy-weapons/ar-AAuvF6z?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=edgsp

oopsy

So lets have the people that screwed this up install more laws (which of course the criminals will follow)
    Evil will find a way, whether a gun, a knife, a truck or fertilizer
    You cannot bubble wrap the world

16. Magoo

When the people decide to remove these semi auto weapons from circulation then things will get better.
    You don't need them, a revolver is bad enough, bolt action rifle is the most accurate for target practice.
    President Kennedy was killed by one so they can be very dangerous.
    But no semi autos, they need to go.
    I know you will never agree
    but when the law is finally passed to take yours, you will comply or go to prison.

Yes it worked in Australia
    and it will work here.

17. Rastus

Remember David Koresh and multiply it times 50 million.
    4 atf agents were killed and 15 wounded trying to get into his house, just leave the sleeping dog alone!

DCM_Doc likes this.
  18. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

But no one is screaming for an investigation into why he was not put in the data base or to see how many more people there are that did not get put in the data base.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  19. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

That's 'cause we have Russian ghosts to hunt.

Northern Flash, DCM_Doc and Keepingon like this.
  20. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]