XPO | Dear Dave... I challenge you to motivate me!

Dear Dave... can I expect a reply?

gfy said:
You plan on leaving fxf for Conway?You must like taking a pay cut,Paying more for health care,Driving a striped down Sterling and more paper work.You our the first fxf driver I have ever heard of leaving them for us who didn't fired.The fxf driver I know love that place.You're picture will be in the next mile-marker.Our drivers can't wait go to fxf.Why in the name of god would you come here.I would go if I didn't have so many year's in here.No company is perfect,But holy sheep.
What pary of the country our you from?

gfy said:
I have seen The light and I'm back on the right path of goodness.i EVEN STARTED TAKING TRAINEES OUT.

gfy said:
You plan on leaving fxf for Conway?You must like taking a pay cut,Paying more for health care,Driving a striped down Sterling and more paper work.You our the first fxf driver I have ever heard of leaving them for us who didn't fired.The fxf driver I know love that place.You're picture will be in the next mile-marker.Our drivers can't wait go to fxf.Why in the name of god would you come here.I would go if I didn't have so many year's in here.No company is perfect,But holy sheep.

You really like to contradict yourself. Your sounding like an insider FXF recruiter.
Maybe your drinking too much FXF Koolaid. :nutkick: :cool:

Dockworker said:
You really like to contradict yourself. Your sounding like an insider FXF recruiter.
Maybe your drinking too much FXF Koolaid. :nutkick: :cool:
Ya,And you sound like the one who give the yes program.Lets look at the facts.FXF opens a new barn,We loose drivers.They have less years to top scale,Higher top scale in this area,a Bonus program,nicer tractors,Pay less for health care,More pay out on 401 k,Better treatment by their leadership and are much more happier then you're average C.F.(conway freight) driver.I run with many FXF driver and they are a happy lot.For me to leave it would be a pay cut.If they did what they did in BUFFALO,NY a few years back I would jump on It in a minute.Wouldn't you.Started all the CCX driver at top scale,They lost 12 driver's and 1 T M.They are building 2 FXF service centers in Chicagoland this year and the managers are very scared about how many lower and mid level driver's we our going to loose.3 years to top against 5.3 years.If you believe the xgo people fine,At least go and look for your self and see what I'm talking about.

gfy said:
Ya,And you sound like the one who give the yes program.Lets look at the facts.FXF opens a new barn,We loose drivers.They have less years to top scale,Higher top scale in this area,a Bonus program,nicer tractors,Pay less for health care,More pay out on 401 k,Better treatment by their leadership and are much more happier then you're average C.F.(conway freight) driver.I run with many FXF driver and they are a happy lot.For me to leave it would be a pay cut.If they did what they did in BUFFALO,NY a few years back I would jump on It in a minute.Wouldn't you.Started all the CCX driver at top scale,They lost 12 driver's and 1 T M.They are building 2 FXF service centers in Chicagoland this year and the managers are very scared about how many lower and mid level driver's we our going to loose.3 years to top against 5.3 years.If you believe the xgo people fine,At least go and look for your self and see what I'm talking about.

You are correct gfy. I couldn't agree with you more. 5.3 is the worst ever!!!! There's more to it but they do seem to have the upper hand at this point. Top brass does need to kill a level or two. Thats when longer retention will be seen. Let's see how they do with our raises next month. This will probably be a determining factor on who stays and who goes.

Hopefully they do read these message boards and notice that their frontline is slowly dying. Send the medics! We are still salvagable.

Dockworker said:
You are correct gfy. I couldn't agree with you more. 5.3 is the worst ever!!!! There's more to it but they do seem to have the upper hand at this point. Top brass does need to kill a level or two. Thats when longer retention will be seen. Let's see how they do with our raises next month. This will probably be a determining factor on who stays and who goes.

Hopefully they do read these message boards and notice that their frontline is slowly dying. Send the medics! We are still salvagable.
they do read them,It was brought up at the yes.The 5 years was also brought up and its a no go.They won't change it.To tell you how bad it's gotten,Up in Rockford,IL(XRF) was supposed to be added on to and turned in to a reship.It's been put on hold do to loss of drivers.They had some people from xgo come up there to find out what's up.A new driver who gets his cdl threw us as to stay 1 year,After that he is free to go and go they do,Right into a $2.00 raise walking in the door of FXF.

gfy said:
The difference in healthcare cant be that much...what is FXF healthcare like, or their pay for that matter?

Dockworker said:

Everyone I know that left to go work for FXF loves it… Better treatment, which can go a long way even more than pay. Yes better trucks it a definite, when after nine years and your still driving a pos with over a million miles and no a/c and you see coworkers walking in the door at FXF and driving new trucks it’s hard to defend. It’s like they like to waste money on stupid stuff. The yes seminar was enough of a waste and now they want the 20yr guys to go. I mean these are the guys that made this company and now most are in the last mile of their career here and they (XGO) wants to waste more money.. How much do they spend on hotel expense, mileage expense, airline expense, and salaries? Yes Dockworker this is a good company, but over the last nine years I must say that I and most of my co-workers at my terminal and at the FAC’s that I visit on a weekly basis that moral is going down the crapper. Most and I mean most of the 20yr dsr’s I know and work with wouldn’t start here again with the way things are being run now. When I started here, I loved it. Now it’s just paycheck and I couldn’t care less. I punch in, hook drive, destroy, hook and drive back and that is the same attitude that most of my co-workers have now. And lastly, look at most of the FOS’s , bad attitudes toward drivers and inept. :duh:

the shadow]Everyone I know that left to go work for FXF loves it… Better treatment, which can go a long way even more than pay. Yes better trucks it a definite, when after nine years and your still driving a pos with over a million miles and no a/c and you see coworkers walking in the door at FXF and driving new trucks it’s hard to defend.
I agree it's pretty sad. The junior drivers get the hand me downs, it's disheartening to know that the some of the senior slobs gets a new truck to slobber up again. (Snot on the seats, dried up sneeze marks in the windshield, floors as bad as a busy food kitchen, cracked or broken parts etc.)

It’s like they like to waste money on stupid stuff. The yes seminar was enough of a waste and now they want the 20yr guys to go. I mean these are the guys that made this company and now most are in the last mile of their career here and they (XGO) wants to waste more money.. How much do they spend on hotel expense, mileage expense, airline expense, and salaries?
Maybe the old YES seminar was stupid, too soon to send a person so early in their career. The New and Improved YES seminar is supposed to be different. I know a few drivers that came back from the new YES.
They actually had better attitudes and appreciation towards the company. After being reluctant to go, they were happy they went. They got to meet some old friends and get more info on retirement.
I think the 20 year employee should go regardless of cost. Not many companies bring you back to where it started, they just let you drift away into retirement.
Honestly, if the company didn't care about it's employees they would not even have informational seminars.

Yes Dockworker this is a good company, but over the last nine years I must say that I and most of my co-workers at my terminal and at the FAC’s that I visit on a weekly basis that moral is going down the crapper. Most and I mean most of the 20yr dsr’s I know and work with wouldn’t start here again with the way things are being run now. When I started here, I loved it. Now it’s just paycheck and I couldn’t care less. I punch in, hook drive, destroy, hook and drive back and that is the same attitude that most of my co-workers have now.
I've seen slippage in regards to being a tightly knit family, we get bigger and become complacent towards eachother and the little things that once was are no more.
(Deadlines Deadlines Deadlines)
Take the word Destroy out of your work habits...Thats my ICP your messing with. :cool:

And lastly, look at most of the FOS’s , bad attitudes toward drivers and inept.
Improper training, inadequate management of people and time. Some FOS's need to get their head out their butts and think about how they talk and treat people during the heat of the operation. I bet if a terminal had all their FOS's with positive attitudes, the terminal would be so efficient. People would love to work for them, I would.
I had an FOS ride me for doing a good job and let the slacker get away with being a slacker. That is not fair and that is a true example of inept management of his employees. He needs to get the slacker to pick up the pace by teaching him something he may be lacking.....The list just continues.

We need to make a new topic on FOS treatment. PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of All)

ha ha ha I got off topic again...what was the original topic about?

Dockworker said:
I agree it's pretty sad. The junior drivers get the hand me downs, it's disheartening to know that the some of the senior slobs gets a new truck to slobber up again. (Snot on the seats, dried up sneeze marks in the windshield, floors as bad as a busy food kitchen, cracked or broken parts etc.)

Maybe the old YES seminar was stupid, too soon to send a person so early in their career. The New and Improved YES seminar is supposed to be different. I know a few drivers that came back from the new YES.
They actually had better attitudes and appreciation towards the company. After being reluctant to go, they were happy they went. They got to meet some old friends and get more info on retirement.
I think the 20 year employee should go regardless of cost. Not many companies bring you back to where it started, they just let you drift away into retirement.
Honestly, if the company didn't care about it's employees they would not even have informational seminars.

I've seen slippage in regards to being a tightly knit family, we get bigger and become complacent towards eachother and the little things that once was are no more.
(Deadlines Deadlines Deadlines)
Take the word Destroy out of your work habits...Thats my ICP your messing with. :cool:

Improper training, inadequate management of people and time. Some FOS's need to get their head out their butts and think about how they talk and treat people during the heat of the operation. I bet if a terminal had all their FOS's with positive attitudes, the terminal would be so efficient. People would love to work for them, I would.
I had an FOS ride me for doing a good job and let the slacker get away with being a slacker. That is not fair and that is a true example of inept management of his employees. He needs to get the slacker to pick up the pace by teaching him something he may be lacking.....The list just continues.

We need to make a new topic on FOS treatment. PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of All)

ha ha ha I got off topic again...what was the original topic about?
SO SAY IT DOCKWORKER,SO IT WILL BE DONE.

the shadow said:
Everyone I know that left to go work for FXF loves it… Better treatment, which can go a long way even more than pay. Yes better trucks it a definite, when after nine years and your still driving a pos with over a million miles and no a/c and you see coworkers walking in the door at FXF and driving new trucks it’s hard to defend. It’s like they like to waste money on stupid stuff. The yes seminar was enough of a waste and now they want the 20yr guys to go. I mean these are the guys that made this company and now most are in the last mile of their career here and they (XGO) wants to waste more money.. How much do they spend on hotel expense, mileage expense, airline expense, and salaries? Yes Dockworker this is a good company, but over the last nine years I must say that I and most of my co-workers at my terminal and at the FAC’s that I visit on a weekly basis that moral is going down the crapper. Most and I mean most of the 20yr dsr’s I know and work with wouldn’t start here again with the way things are being run now. When I started here, I loved it. Now it’s just paycheck and I couldn’t care less. I punch in, hook drive, destroy, hook and drive back and that is the same attitude that most of my co-workers have now. And lastly, look at most of the FOS’s , bad attitudes toward drivers and inept. :duh:
I think I left out,They also get paid for D.O.T test,**** test and physicels,30 minute flat for dropping and hooking and 15 minutes for fuel.

and delay time
breakdown pay
quarterly bonsues
$80 a year for boots
clean, modern facilities
no holdback on the first check
all road tractors have CD players

this in addition to what has already been mentioned.

I used to work at ConWay. FedEx is 10 times better.

nobody said:
and delay time
breakdown pay
quarterly bonsues
$80 a year for boots
clean, modern facilities
no holdback on the first check
all road tractors have CD players

this in addition to what has already been mentioned.

I used to work at ConWay. FedEx is 10 times better.
no 2 hour back-up,can split up one week of vacation and 4 personal day's.no sick day's

As long as the info is accurate.
Keep it coming guys!!
Maybe someone can use the info at XGO.

gfy- what do you mean no sick days?

we also get paid as soon as the road is shut down without having to give them any time

Dockworker said:
As long as the info is accurate.
Keep it coming guys!!
Maybe someone can use the info at XGO.

gfy- what do you mean no sick days?
From What I heard FXF dose not get sick day's.They use there vacation or personal day's.Xgo has all the Info about fxf.When you tell them about the the stuff they get they say we have a pension.They should have there's real soon too.The thing they don't get is a C.F.(conway freight) driver with 2 years in here makes a move over to fxf,He will give him self a pretty good raise.There health care,They pay for it.But they can detail a plan In 80 deferent way's.I know one driver who pays 8 bucks a month,another driver with the family plan pays $35 bucks a week.

From What I heard FXF dose not get sick day's.They use there vacation or personal day's.Xgo has all the Info about fxf.When you tell them about the the stuff they get they say we have a pension.They should have there's real soon too.The thing they don't get is a C.F.(conway freight) driver with 2 years in here makes a move over to fxf,He will give him self a pretty good raise.There health care,They pay for it.But they can detail a plan In 80 deferent way's.I know one driver who pays 8 bucks a month,another driver with the family plan pays $35 bucks a week.
Did I really say we had a pension. Boy time fly's when you're having fun.:biglaugh:

I sent in my reply to his letter. Still no reply from him or anyone else. It does not make me sad. I will be up there next month and I can ask in person.
It's coming up on a year. Did you ever get your questions answered? I'm still waiting to see the results from the 06 employee survey.

Brutus, he is talking about the letter that was sent out to us from Dave Mc dated October 21, 2005, via Portland Or., stamped dated Oct. 26, 2005, recieved by most of us on or about Nov. 1st. The question was " What if Con Way_____________________ " Here Dave Mc ask you to write as much as you would like about anything. His statment was that everyone must be involved in the process of change and innovation to make us a better company. I have to say that I sent him four pages of ways to improve, introduce, and all around invigorate not only the workers, but also the shareholders. Funny thing, even back then the letter came in a envelope with con-way in blue and the letter had a blue letterhead.

I filled in the blank and mailed it. It was short and sweet and all encompassing.

I wonder if it will be quickly dismissed as being the product of just one, isolated, disgruntled worker unit. Surely not something to be concerned with. After all, the vast majority of Conway worker units would/should do anything for Mother Conway, and in secret, want to be buried in their uniform when their life at Conway is complete.

:Flame-On:

Why, I ask, do I feel as though my intellegence is insulted when I am asked to respond to this new program and to the annual surveys when the insuing report is so selective in how Conway is sensitive to employee concerns? - And then they "enhance" something, make our computers "smart" or give us "pride". Am I wrong to feel as though they are temporarily placating me by presenting The Corporation as one that is truely interested in what is on my mind??? - Or even in my general welfare??? It's all about what the market will bare to keeping warm bodies on the dock and behind the wheel.

But, I fill them out and send them in.

Thanks for letting me vent. This and nascar sponsorship are at the top of my list as issues that I have a difficult time accepting. I really am greatful for my job.