Yellow | Dear fellow employee:

Then you might want to get your hearing tested since you're hearing sounds which aren't there.

I see a pattern with you. You can't ever counter an opinion different from your own without some little snide remark. Typical of someone with insecurity issues. So sad.

Articulate AND subtle! :stirthepot::LMAO:
I'm inspired!!!

Then you might want to get your hearing tested since you're hearing sounds which aren't there.

I see a pattern with you. You can't ever counter an opinion different from your own without some little snide remark. Typical of someone with insecurity issues. So sad.
Not only does yrc-ATM hates his job, he hates himself . It totally obvious

I have been through a couple of trucking company bankruptcies. You will get pennies on the dollar. The most painful one was NW. I was owed 3 weeks wages plus vacation and personal/sick days. The wages being 3 weeks was because, for example, the hours we worked this week were not paid until 11/22. And even though I was on direct deposit, for some mysterious reason the final pay I received came in the form of a rubber check. I can not recall exact numbers since this occurred in 1999. I know I was owed $3700 in wages alone, I got $2300 total from the court. And because it was wages I was owed, I was at the top of the list. It took a year, probably more, to get that money.

I knew if I ever saw old Jerry McMorris again, it was gonna be ugly. He went to live with Satan a year or two ago. I hate very few people, he was at the top of my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i EVENTUALLY (18 months later) got everything Preston owed me in full ($5600.00). Immediate Problem was the last deposit on the week's pay when they closed was it was for $1.56 after taxes- 1/2 my house payment came out auto-pay, so it put me in the hole; 1/2 my car payment came out auto-pay so it was refused, it put me in the hole so badly. And then the $1.56 bounced anyway.....

I would rather take a pay cut and go somewhere else and start over than to keep giving my hard earned money back to these ***holes and the Banksters. By the time we pay YRCW to work for them, pay the federal and state to help pay for the leaches in this country there is not much left anyway. Be better off making about 20,000 a year!
Excuse me for the obvious.....if you really, REALLY want that- no one is stopping you from quitting- seeking a $20,000 a year job now, are they????

i EVENTUALLY (18 months later) got everything Preston owed me in full ($5600.00). Immediate Problem was the last deposit on the week's pay when they closed was it was for $1.56 after taxes- 1/2 my house payment came out auto-pay, so it put me in the hole; 1/2 my car payment came out auto-pay so it was refused, it put me in the hole so badly. And then the $1.56 bounced anyway.....

You got the full though it took time because Yellow was still in business and they owned Preston. If this whole ship sinks (which I am praying does not happen ) the employees will not fare well .

I worked at USF Red Star and got full payment on what was owed. The WARN act took a little time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's just what this place needs is good drivers like myself quitting and going somewhere else. It would be their loss not mine! Good luck replacing me! Boy you guy's will just keep taking it in the *** won't ya?????? You must sh@t Yellow! Yes'a Boss Yes'a Boss whatever you say Boss!!

Yeah that's just what this place needs is good drivers like myself quitting and going somewhere else. It would be their loss not mine! Good luck replacing me! Boy you guy's will just keep taking it in the *** won't ya?????? You must sh@t Yellow! Yes'a Boss Yes'a Boss whatever you say Boss!!

If you're as wonderful a driver as you say, why are you staying at a job you hate instead of going now to one where you'd be so highly appreciated (at half the pay as you yourself say)? I just don't understand that logic.

Who said i hated my job? Geez just because i don't want to lose anymore than what we already have doesn't mean i hate my job. Why is that the first thing everybody say's " if you don't like it quit'?? Believe me i could go over to ANY LTL company tomorrow and get a job. The ONLY thing keeping me here is the health insurance and i am sure they will come after that next since everyone is so happy to give back over and over again!! But we don't know what they want yet but I'm sure it won't be good.....

Who said i hated my job? Geez just because i don't want to lose anymore than what we already have doesn't mean i hate my job. Why is that the first thing everybody say's " if you don't like it quit'?? Believe me i could go over to ANY LTL company tomorrow and get a job. The ONLY thing keeping me here is the health insurance and i am sure they will come after that next since everyone is so happy to give back over and over again!! But we don't know what they want yet but I'm sure it won't be good.....

Well, the tone of these comments gives me that impression. I could be wrong but I don't detect any love there! :smile:.

PS - And you DO need this job for the health insurance so in spite of everything maybe it's not so bad after all??

So if we didn't lose anything else- just kept the same contract, would you vote for it?

Better than I thought, their proposal.

If raises were to continue at former rates, (85% of 40 cents per hour) and healthcare costs were to continue to be covered regardless of increases....

I would vote yes, IF my rank and file so chose.

Personally, I want something. Something a little better or something we have given back in good faith. May not be much, but I need to know that there is a SLIGHT appreciation for what WE have sacrificed!

So, personally, I vote no.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like a good faith gesture too. However, I won't hold my breath waiting for it. For me the bottom line is, I don't want to start over at my age, and I know I won't get the same total compensation elsewhere. Go work at Fed-EX Freight and get sent home after 5 hours when it's slow. Pay for a chunk of your healthcare. Go work at Con-Way and get forced to run line-Haul on the weekend. Go work at Estes and don't get paid overtime until after 55 hours. Get paid a lower rate when you come back and work the dock from your P & D run. I guess that leaves ABF and UPS Freight. About 5% of us that can drive the big scary truck might actually get hired at one of those two. To the other 95%, enjoy actually having it worse than you do now.

The bottom line is we ALL want everything back we use to have, BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. So I guess you have to ask yourself if you can live with things the way they are, or do you want to shut it down and "cast your fate to the wind".........(couldn't resist the James Gang reference...)

I'd like a good faith gesture too. However, I won't hold my breath waiting for it. For me the bottom line is, I don't want to start over at my age, and I know I won't get the same total compensation elsewhere. Go work at Fed-EX Freight and get sent home after 5 hours when it's slow. Pay for a chunk of your healthcare. Go work at Con-Way and get forced to run line-Haul on the weekend. Go work at Estes and don't get paid overtime until after 55 hours. Get paid a lower rate when you come back and work the dock from your P & D run. I guess that leaves ABF and UPS Freight. About 5% of us that can drive the big scary truck might actually get hired at one of those two. To the other 95%, enjoy actually having it worse than you do now.

The bottom line is we ALL want everything back we use to have, BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. So I guess you have to ask yourself if you can live with things the way they are, or do you want to shut it down and "cast your fate to the wind".........(couldn't resist the James Gang reference...)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Who knows what they want? I haven't heard anything. I'm sure it's more than just extending the current contract. I guess i will just shut up till we know what they want... But i would agree with Elwood, want to extend it give us something in return..

I will admit, something offered in good faith would go a LONG WAY. Hell, if they just said please and thank you when addressing the employees and treated people like they themselves wanted to be treated, it would be nice.......

Won't this in the end be just like the government? We all get a lot of ideas. Then the company comes out to scare everybody: bankruptcy. Then a lot of people talk a really big game. Both sides go at it with harsh words: create DRAMA!
Both sides now talk together they come out shaking hands and claim that there were great compromises on both sides but, we came came up with a plan that we think will work for everybody. then the vote. everybody votes exactly opposite of what they said they would. Take the worst percentage cut you have heard about 15% divide that in half 7.5% is what your going to lose. $50 to $80 a week adjust your spending accordingly. Nobody is going to vote anyother way but, to accept the contract that was "negotiated" instead of fighting. In a few years your going to be right here discussing the next vote.

You are an absolute representative of the reasoning of the majority of the rank and file.

"I don't want to start over at my age,..."

"...I won't get the same total (?) compensation elsewhere."

Longer hours and no security at other companies (non) if they hire you at all.

Bottom of the list @ UPSFreight or ABF if you happen to get hired.

I made my choice, because I feel I have met my obligation. Honest days work for an honest days pay. (2008)

To make it clear, I acquiesced to the good of all based on my understanding of the financials. (2008)

I advised the rank and file, based on my fiduciary responsibility to them. (2008)

I (we) have met our obligations. We sacrificed and left the managing to others.

I will not stand by and continue the status quo. If I am to continue to sacrifice, I want more input.

There will always be X amount of freight to move nationwide. If we cannot transport our share of the pie efficiently and profitably, then it is time for me to acquire new skin.

I almost forgot- If you are one of the guys that can only work the dock and are banging the drum to close the company, enjoy making $14 an hour and no medical- cause that's where you're headed.........