Death of a Grocery Thrower

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
I do believe that Sysco is trying to kill me, all this snow has set us back, I burned my 16 on tues and wound up doing 18 hrs after having to help while another guy with hrs drove, I had almost 1400 cases today and came in right on my 14, I am so ready for the snow to melt so I can get my footing and start to work the way I'm used to, I really don't know how you guys up north put up with it!!!!!

Aren't you the guy that bragged about finishing a run 4hrs. ahead of schedule. Like I said then, "now do it everyday for the rest of your working life, no excuses".

Aren't you the guy that bragged about finishing a run 4hrs. ahead of schedule. Like I said then, "now do it everyday for the rest of your working life, no excuses".

I'm working on it SuperCourse, I usually come in way ahead of my time but with all this ice in the parking lots I have to be careful and move slower, however they still put the same amount of cases on the trucks, actually more due to us being behind, they just throw caution to the wind and hope for the best.

I'm not stupid SC, I know very well I can't do this job for the rest of my working life, you, me, anyone would be a moron to think that we could do this job into our 60's, I know some guys at other companies into their mid 50's that are still doing it but they are moving slow, thats ok some places, I hope I have another several years in me because I do enjoy this job, always have.

Just because I'm proud of moving fast at almost 44 years of age isn't a reason to throw it up at me...damn dude I got friends that couldn't make 3 stops before they quit, let alone 18, I know guys that get winded hooking a set, let me be proud of what I do, I'm still having fun, its neat to me when I finish way ahead!!

No ill feelings thrower. I was just pointing out the way some companies look at things. Just about any driving job, if you stay into your 60's you stayed too long. Handling stuff takes it's toll and so doesn't spending long periods of time in the seat. I retired last year at 59. My back let me know it had enough. I wasn't going to wait until I couldn't straighten up like some of the guys I worked with.

No ill feelings thrower. I was just pointing out the way some companies look at things. Just about any driving job, if you stay into your 60's you stayed too long. Handling stuff takes it's toll and so doesn't spending long periods of time in the seat. I retired last year at 59. My back let me know it had enough. I wasn't going to wait until I couldn't straighten up like some of the guys I worked with.

Thats great SC, we had a 30 year shuttle driver here that hurt his hand hooking up a set and sysco didn't want to pay, thats what I got, idk if thats the whole story, anyhow he threw in the towel, that was all he needed to say goodby to near a working lifetime with one comapny, I was a bit upset about it, I loved this guy, when I first started driving I remember him on a route in Claremore OK, when I went to sysco ok I recognized him right off the bat, sad how he went out, no party, cake, nothing dude, this guy spend 30 hard years here, 15 years as a route driver and 15 on night shuttle...DAMN!!!!!!

I hope your retirement is all you hoped for I know it was for Dad, every day is Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats great SC, we had a 30 year shuttle driver here that hurt his hand hooking up a set and sysco didn't want to pay, thats what I got, idk if thats the whole story, anyhow he threw in the towel, that was all he needed to say goodby to near a working lifetime with one comapny, I was a bit upset about it, I loved this guy, when I first started driving I remember him on a route in Claremore OK, when I went to sysco ok I recognized him right off the bat, sad how he went out, no party, cake, nothing dude, this guy spend 30 hard years here, 15 years as a route driver and 15 on night shuttle...DAMN!!!!!!

Short walk from the penthouse to the outhouse... :kickedoutsmile: