FedEx Freight | Death on the Dallas yard

joe bucker

No participation trophies here
Credits
I just got a phone call from a friend that one of our Hostlers was stuck and killed by a South Dallas shuttle driver. I work days and don't have any numbers of the guys that work nights. Any info would help.

This honestly doesn't surprise me. I ran into DAL for years and that yard has always been dangerous. Didn't they have another guy get hit a few years back?

The guy that got killed was Chris Potter, he was crushed between the dock and trailer. He came over from National and was a old Watkins hand. Rest in peace Chris.

My condolences. I’ve probably worked in or out of 35 service centers in my tenure here, and I must say out of all of ‘em, YNG is the worst. Zero common curtesy and no regards for speed limits set forth.

D4WTNEi.jpg

Rest easy driver.

Rest in peace, prayers to your family and friends. Not surprised at all on that yard, between some hostlers driving like they get paid per move and some shuttle drivers thinking it's okay to not have respect for right of way, got to hurry up and get back to their yard.

Years ago in Charl, one night during a rain storm, we had a line driver park, got out of his truck, put his cool cushion over his head and stepped right in front of the hostler.
The hostler, a 20 year+ guy, gave up his bid, worked on the dock about 6 mos. and quit.
Don't think he ever got it.