Estes | Dec 1 st

INTOTHENOW

TB Lurker
Credits
Well we lost 2 runs, and the 4 green boards are going Extra board.
I did Green Board 4 years ago when we used to be efficient and seemed to move freight better.
But went on Extra Board last year. So you know what I'm doin.
Ready to get out of truckin this waitin for 18 to 20 hours to get out of places is killin me.
What pisses me off is we got a guy been here less then me that will keep his Hub run, I could have two of the Hub runs but Linehaul can not bid on them which I think is a load of crap.
I have covered Hub runs in the past, worked in the City, worked on the dock and now am gonna be stuck on extra board.
I just love workin for BIG E, wonder what the old mans doin upstairs, what is he thinkin, from what I hear he loved his Road Drivers.
It sure does'nt seem like that today, rude Dispatchers at Central, in Terminals, etc.

I feel your pain. I am in the same situation you are. I am the senior hub man at my term. lost my run 6 months ago. went green board. now cant bid on any hub runs.
I am very depressed!!!

hell Dallas let everybody bid on whatever hub / line-haul. of course i am speakin of Dallas

Well hey man if I so happen to be back at the terminal and they want me to cover a hub run now I can just say no.
I covered a couple before but if were not good enough to be able to bid on one why should I have to run it when they want it covered.
I will run the freight down to the next terminal but when it comes to going out on that dock in 20 degree weather or rain or whatever, I will just have to say I'm Linehaul cant work the Dock right.

That's right! Getcha a cold one. Have the dispatcher call when the load is ready. Give the yard man a couple of bucks to hook your set, wipe off the tail lights and pull it out by the gate for ya.:1036316054:

I am sure that the company wants drivers to quit so they don't have to pay unemployment when the lay-off comes. If freight dosen't get any better soon I feel like they will be forced to have one. Maybe after the first of the year. Also I am not suprised that Dallas did just what they wanted to. Lots of terminals make the rules like they see fit.

I am sure that the company wants drivers to quit so they don't have to pay unemployment when the lay-off comes. If freight dosen't get any better soon I feel like they will be forced to have one. Maybe after the first of the year. Also I am not suprised that Dallas did just what they wanted to. Lots of terminals make the rules like they see fit.
They're trying to do the same thing at my house [or at least it appears that way] I think the problem is right nowthere's no where else to go,as long as the drivers earn enough to make insurance they aren't going anywhere.Estes,OD and some of the other non-U's are probaly gonna have to do lay-offs,they'll have no choice in the matter.

They're trying to do the same thing at my house [or at least it appears that way] I think the problem is right nowthere's no where else to go,as long as the drivers earn enough to make insurance they aren't going anywhere.Estes,OD and some of the other non-U's are probaly gonna have to do lay-offs,they'll have no choice in the matter.

I don't know about OD and others, but we here at E have just gone to a 5 day dispatch system wide instead of 7 to avoid lay-offs. Management seems to think this will get us over the hump without anyone getting a lay-off. I hope it works.

Charlotte term. cut 25 runs.....so I hear. I imagine most of those drivers are now on the board. I would also think that most of these drivers are getting at least 2 weeks vacation thats $2400 x 25 = $60,000. If these drivers dont work much it cost more to let them hang around. Drivers at our barn seem to find a way to collect workers comp. We have some well trained professional system abuser's. :hide:

Charlotte term. cut 25 runs.....so I hear. I imagine most of those drivers are now on the board. I would also think that most of these drivers are getting at least 2 weeks vacation thats $2400 x 25 = $60,000. If these drivers dont work much it cost more to let them hang around. Drivers at our barn seem to find a way to collect workers comp. We have some well trained professional system abuser's. :hide:

yep Charlotte did cut that many schedule's (26 to be exact) Largest cut in system. Many of those guys are being offered team option because we have stopped using contractors for all that left coast freight. They have already bid out about a dozen or more west bound team runs out of there, and I hear more team bids coming.

hell Dallas let everybody bid on whatever hub / line-haul. of course i am speakin of Dallas

Thats true BB, but we are not Dallas. How do those guys get away with doing what THEY want to do and Richmond does nothing to correct it. Like PATHFINDER, his Hub senoirty should account for something. I know PATHFINDER and I have heard things come out of the EAST that the WEST does different. I thought we all worked for the same company. Until Richmond steps in and tells EVERYONE, "This is the way it's going to be", they will continue doing it the way they want to. But that just my opinion.

Pathfinder we are havin our meeting Monday. Hub got cancelled and opened another M&T. 1 to leave @ 9pm & 1 @ 10pm. Now the Hub driver will be able to bid on a linehaul run. Now, go back a couple of months ago, were you able to bid on a linehaul run ??????? That's what I'm sayin, nothing is right about our bid system, go TOTAL COMPANY SENIORITY and things cannot be SCREWED UP. But that just my opinion.

Thats true BB, but we are not Dallas. How do those guys get away with doing what THEY want to do and Richmond does nothing to correct it. Like PATHFINDER, his Hub senoirty should account for something. I know PATHFINDER and I have heard things come out of the EAST that the WEST does different. I thought we all worked for the same company. Until Richmond steps in and tells EVERYONE, "This is the way it's going to be", they will continue doing it the way they want to. But that just my opinion.

In times like these it would be nice if seniority meant productivity meaning that the driver(s) who've been with the company the longest knows the quickest routes, they don't mess around when on the clock and when they are at work they are working. Times like these allow companies to get rid of dead beats and hopefully raise the level of service that is provided to a customer. A driver who gets this will hopefully stay employed seniority or not. Great companies have great front lines, and in this case, it's the drivers.

Pathfinder we are havin our meeting Monday. Hub got cancelled and opened another M&T. 1 to leave @ 9pm & 1 @ 10pm. Now the Hub driver will be able to bid on a linehaul run. Now, go back a couple of months ago, were you able to bid on a linehaul run ??????? That's what I'm sayin, nothing is right about our bid system, go TOTAL COMPANY SENIORITY and things cannot be SCREWED UP. But that just my opinion.

I don't like the hub being seperate on senoirity. Those guys are running the line at night like line-haul but I don't think total co. seniority is right either because the guys running nights and staying in bunk rooms like I did before i got a schedule, should get first crack at line-haul bids over city guys that have been at home at night with their familys. Let the city man that wants line-haul pay his dues on the board like the rest of us.

yep Charlotte did cut that many schedule's (26 to be exact) Largest cut in system. Many of those guys are being offered team option because we have stopped using contractors for all that left coast freight. They have already bid out about a dozen or more west bound team runs out of there, and I hear more team bids coming.

I just couldn't do that team thing. If they asked me to run team, I guess I would just have to drive someone else's truck.

I agree KD, but they aren't going to NOT allow the city drivers to have something to bid on because if a city driver remains in the city for 25 years and gets to where he can't work the city anymore cause he can't phycally handle it, they want him to have a place to go and NOT be away from his family. I don'nt agree with that, but thats the way they look at it.I was with Cooper and my run got cut and had to run xtra board for 3 years. Didn't complain or whine that I had to do it. But, Pathfinder had all that time in on hub and the told him "That doesn't matter". Thats not fair.