Estes | Dec 1 st

Spoken like a true spoiled brat....yep we should be grateful that we are not an exploited child in Bangladesh or dodging explosives in Iraq(I know some guys that are) and I'm sure the people all over this world in those situations would trade places with you Elvis. But they are not real to you nor do you care about them or you would'nt even think about comparing them to our little problems.
So cry on TE...one day you might see what a real hardship is and these problems will seem very small.

Great spin. Is this Bill O'reilly? Where do you get off? My intention is to help. What is yours? Maybe they were bad analogies, but don't question my integrity, or my respect for our military. I just don't appreciate being compared to a situation that is much more bleak then what we are experiencing in order for us to except (in our minds) a decline in our standard of living. I think you understood the jest of my post. Okay, we are even now. TE out....

QUOTE=elvis;465784]Great spin. Is this Bill O'reilly? Where do you get off? My intention is to help. What is yours? Maybe they were bad analogies, but don't question my integrity, or my respect for our military. I just don't appreciate being compared to a situation that is much more bleak then what we are experiencing in order for us to except (in our minds) a decline in our standard of living. I think you understood the jest of my post. Okay, we are even now. TE out....[/QUOTE]:popcorn:Welcome back TE, glad to see you have made a new friend on the Big E board

Great spin. Is this Bill O'reilly? Where do you get off? My intention is to help. What is yours? Maybe they were bad analogies, but don't question my integrity, or my respect for our military. I just don't appreciate being compared to a situation that is much more bleak then what we are experiencing in order for us to except (in our minds) a decline in our standard of living. I think you understood the jest of my post. Okay, we are even now. TE out....

Thank you for the comparison to O'Reilly, I will take that as a compliment even thought I know it was not meant as such.

I will call into question your integrity sir, based on posts of yours all over the board, your intentions do not seem to be geared toward the helpful but more toward:stirthepot: for your amusement.
In my original post (not to you) my intentions were to point out to that driver, who was highly upset about a couple of hours wait on a hook , that it's not that bad compared to MANY others on the same roads as we run, and that he should get things more in perspective so he won't make himself miserable over small, temporary problems.

He is working for a good stable company that will, IMO, in the long run take care of him if he is just a little more patient during this slow down. Thus my intentions were to help, but your comments would do nothing but further his anger.

Elvis, it's good to see your back to your old self again. It's good for the ratings if nuth'n else.

Thank you for the comparison to O'Reilly, I will take that as a compliment even thought I know it was not meant as such.

I will call into question your integrity sir, based on posts of yours all over the board, your intentions do not seem to be geared toward the helpful but more toward:stirthepot: for your amusement.
In my original post (not to you) my intentions were to point out to that driver, who was highly upset about a couple of hours wait on a hook , that it's not that bad compared to MANY others on the same roads as we run, and that he should get things more in perspective so he won't make himself miserable over small, temporary problems.

He is working for a good stable company that will, IMO, in the long run take care of him if he is just a little more patient during this slow down. Thus my intentions were to help, but your comments would do nothing but further his anger.

Look, I have no intentions of engaging in another p!ssing contest with another member of the Estes forum. The trucking 4jesus debates got to be extremely redundant. And this would head in the same direction if I continue. You are going to perceive me the way you will, and that's just fine. Sorry if I'm not everything you want me to be. Happy Holidays Estes drivers. TE out....ps. In the end, we will see who helps who.

Look, I have no intentions of engaging in another p!ssing contest with another member of the Estes forum. The trucking 4jesus debates got to be extremely redundant. And this would head in the same direction if I continue. You are going to perceive me the way you will, and that's just fine. Sorry if I'm not everything you want me to be. Happy Holidays Estes drivers. TE out....ps. In the end, we will see who helps who.

I had no intention nor did I post to you any, as you call, "trucking 4jesus" issues. That's between you and God. So you are just using that as a weak slam towards me by saying you know that is were this debate is headed so you can duck out with a shot at my faith (again). Either that or you have a crystal ball or ESP or something which I doubt.

So don't use that feeble argument to turn tail and run from a debate that, my I remind you, that you started with me by attacking by a quote of mine that I made to another driver not you. He was upset and I was trying to help get things into proper perspective, and you came in behind me with inflammitory remarks that would further upset him.

pss. I don't need to wait till the end to see who is helpful and who just likes to stir the pot, that fact is already very clear.

I had no intention nor did I post to you any, as you call, "trucking 4jesus" issues. That's between you and God. So you are just using that as a weak slam towards me by saying you know that is were this debate is headed so you can duck out with a shot at my faith (again). Either that or you have a crystal ball or ESP or something which I doubt.

So don't use that feeble argument to turn tail and run from a debate that, my I remind you, that you started with me by attacking by a quote of mine that I made to another driver not you. He was upset and I was trying to help get things into proper perspective, and you came in behind me with inflammitory remarks that would further upset him.

pss. I don't need to wait till the end to see who is helpful and who just likes to stir the pot, that fact is already very clear.

Truckin4jesus was another poster who loved to argue with me. Again, I am not going there with you. And again, Happy Holidays. TE out.....

Truckin4jesus was another poster who loved to argue with me. Again, I am not going there with you. And again, Happy Holidays. TE out.....

Welcome back Elvis!

Elvis.gif
:stirthepot:
Elvis.gif
:stirthepot:

Spoken like a true spoiled brat....yep we should be grateful that we are not an exploited child in Bangladesh or dodging explosives in Iraq(I know some guys that are) and I'm sure the people all over this world in those situations would trade places with you Elvis. But they are not real to you nor do you care about them or you would'nt even think about comparing them to our little problems.
So cry on TE...one day you might see what a real hardship is and these problems will seem very small.

I speak only for myself by saying that I am very grateful for all the things I have received in life and empathize for those that are less fortunate. On the other hand I refuse to apologize for those same gifts that have been given to me and refuse to accept complacency in the name of the less fortunate. Those who came before me never did and that is why I am able to reap some of those rewards and have in the past and continue to do things and give to the less fortunate. You do not know me personally nor do I believe that you know TE personally but seem to only want to judge and project your beliefs onto others. You may seem to think that someone's concerns or problem's are less than or not as worthy but they are theirs and have every right to express them without being marginalized or discounted Happy Holidays to all and let's all be thankful for the freedoms we have in this great country.

I speak only for myself by saying that I am very grateful for all the things I have received in life and empathize for those that are less fortunate. On the other hand I refuse to apologize for those same gifts that have been given to me and refuse to accept complacency in the name of the less fortunate. Those who came before me never did and that is why I am able to reap some of those rewards and have in the past and continue to do things and give to the less fortunate. You do not know me personally nor do I believe that you know TE personally but seem to only want to judge and project your beliefs onto others. You may seem to think that someone's concerns or problem's are less than or not as worthy but they are theirs and have every right to express them without being marginalized or discounted Happy Holidays to all and let's all be thankful for the freedoms we have in this great country.

Nor do you know me personally sir. But after all those words basically what you have done is accused me of trying to get TE to apologize for his fortunate situation, and that I never did. Nor did I say that anyone had no right to express themselves about problems, we all have them, and it is our right to express them.
All I was trying to do was to help this driver (not TE) that was complaining about some wait time, get things in better perspective so he would realize that it really is not that bad thus helping him feel better about his immediate situation.
Then TE in usual form comes in and throws gas on the fire.

I've read alot of posts in this Estes board, and most of these men and women encourage one another in hard times,and for that I am thankful, but not TE, he seems to want to encourage someone to get even more upset at the issue at hand which solves nothing. This is just plain wrong.

As far as projecting beliefs on others, is that not what you and every other poster does when they give thier opinion on this board? Is not that one of these liberties you speak of as per the freedoms we have as Americans? Is that not in fact sir, the very thing that you just did in your post?
It is so ironic to me that a liberal shouts "freedom of expression!" until someone tries to express a view that opposes them, and then it is "you can't say that, it's not politically correct!

What you are doing is taught to freshman in psychology 101, and it is called "sub-conscious framing" and is an old trick of politicians.
I especially liked the big patriotic ending to your speech, You don't by any chance hold public office somewhere do you?..:biglaugh:

Nor do you know me personally sir. But after all those words basically what you have done is accused me of trying to get TE to apologize for his fortunate situation, and that I never did. Nor did I say that anyone had no right to express themselves about problems, we all have them, and it is our right to express them.
All I was trying to do was to help this driver (not TE) that was complaining about some wait time, get things in better perspective so he would realize that it really is not that bad thus helping him feel better about his immediate situation.

I've read alot of posts in this Estes board, and most of these men and women encourage one another in hard times,and for that I am thankful, but not TE, he seems to want to encourage someone to get even more upset at the issue at hand which solves nothing. This is just plain wrong.

As far as projecting beliefs on others, is that not what you and every other poster does when they give thier opinion on this board? Is not that one of these liberties you speak of as per the freedoms we have as Americans? Is that not in fact sir, the very thing that you just did in your post?
It is so ironic to me that a liberal shouts "freedom of expression!" until someone tries to express a view that opposes them, and then it is "you can't say that, it's not politically correct!

What you are doing is taught to freshman in psychology 101, and it is called "sub-conscious framing" and is an old trick of politicians.
I especially liked the big patriotic ending to your speech, You don't by any chance hold public office somewhere do you?..:biglaugh:

So I am left with one question. Does all of this mean sadsack and I aren't going to heaven?:nutkick: TE out......ps. get a life bro.

Be careful. Sadsack worships at the alter of Satan. TE out...

Sombody tell me "what I missed?"... that's too much reading for my non-edjucated self.