Estes | Dec 1 st

Elvis , you are a jerk ,but I do like reading your posts as you do not come off like a fruitcake just spewing crap. I may never agree with you on the union thing but I totally support your right to voice your opinion.

Kings disciple , lighten up , its Elvis , he has been throwing bombs here for some time . Its good to have a counterpoint.

Truckin4jesus was another poster who loved to argue with me. Again, I am not going there with you. And again, Happy Holidays. TE out.....

I wouldn't say I loved it....maybe some sick sort of enjoyment was had by both of us :)

Happy Holidays All, and be thankful we are in a better financial state them alot of other carriers in this economy! :woot:

Absolutely. That's the way it works out here. I was PD before I went on the LH-EB. I actually wanted to go on the EB though, call me crazy.

I don't know how your hub runs work or if they are really any different than LH, so I have no comment on that. I do know they are generally shorter runs.

Well you should have stayed in the City, I wish I would have went into the City back when I had the chance.
Linehaul sucks bigtime right now, we are getting screwed more and more everyday.

Driver your in bad shape if that's all you have to complain about. Ask a LTL hand that just got laid off after 20+yrs. on the line if he would mind a little waiting in the winter during a slow down if he could just have his job back.

Ask a driver that's been stuck for years with a common T/L carrier that keeps him away from home 2-3 weeks and sits at customers docks for 8-10 hrs. trying to load or unload for .42 cpm. and see if he would like to do nothing but drop/hook five days for .53 cpm like you do.

Ask a O/O that has lost his truck because the powers that be jacked his fuel cost to the moon and the rates barely moved if he would like to have your deal.

Driver you gotta get things in perspective or you will always be miserable.......:flamed:

Gee maybe its time for me to get out of truckin.

I wouldn't say I loved it....maybe some sick sort of enjoyment was had by both of us :)

Happy Holidays All, and be thankful we are in a better financial state them alot of other carriers in this economy! :woot:

glad to see your back. how long this time ???

Gee maybe its time for me to get out of truckin.

Naw man that's not what I'm saying at all, I've been getting alot heat from a couple of guys over that post, but after reading the posts they normally leave it ain't no big deal, just a couple of guys that like to stir everybody up so it's nothing real.

I'm sorry if it came off to strong to bro, Im just saying hang on, it'll get better. Alot of guys on the road with other outfits got it alot worse. I've run HUB, team, X board and now have a LH schedule. 25+ yrs out here and 11 at big E and it is a good solid co. things will improve just wait.

I hate unpaid wait time like anybody, but don't let it completely ruin your outlook. Make your complaint known to TM's and dispatchers, but don't dwell on it or it will eat you up.

So I am left with one question. Does all of this mean sadsack and I aren't going to heaven?:nutkick: TE out......ps. get a life bro.

I know that you are saying that to be funny...but allow me to answer that question and the p.s. also to let you know I have the Life. I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but I believe every Word of the Bible is truth. It is completely your choice as to what you believe is real truth or not, but here is what I believe in.

Jhn 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

I say this in all spirit of meekness...I have but one question also TE....I have a life, do you?.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I'm no whacked out religious freak, as matter of fact religion has hurt more people than anything, I go to a simple little country church that just preaches the Bible plus or minus nothing, none of this crazy stuff you see on TV.

I'm just a country boy raised up on a dairy farm, got into trucking to get away from milking cows. I got into the party scene on the road and almost killed myself and others several times, then I found that ole good Book......and I believed and it changed my life.

Remember TE, you asked me the question about Heaven or Hell, and I just answered it according to what I believe, that's the only way I know how. So please ask yourself...do you have The Life?

BB..... if I broke any posting rule I'm sorry, this will be my last post on this topic with Elvis.

no rules broken here i just see to people debating. it could go into another foum but all estes threads get derailed so we just deal with it.
I closed that yrcw thread cause i feel we have nothing to comment on with yrcw but if there is a headline its a head line. kings you'll see that things can get out of control here fast so when i see it could go down that road i stop it. all good. if quotin the bible was illegal on the boards apostaloic would be tb's most banned :hysterical::1036316054:

Just do not offer to meet BB or buy him dinner. It is hard to make friends around here.

Just for thought though, BB does a good job of keeping peace around here anyways.

You guys complaining about nonsense. The number one complaint I have is this.
Breakdown you get paid after one hour of breakdown ( YES IN THE WEST THAT IS THE WAY IT IS ) If you are a meet n turn your meet driver gets nothing. Why is this? If one driver is getting paid for being delayed should not both. Right now this is my number one complaint. I have others but they are smaller than this.
Oh and as far as running thru trying to be a family man and getting pushed thru is not pro family. And we have been told do not go farther either wait or run thru.

I know that you are saying that to be funny...but allow me to answer that question and the p.s. also to let you know I have the Life. I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but I believe every Word of the Bible is truth. It is completely your choice as to what you believe is real truth or not, but here is what I believe in.

Jhn 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

I say this in all spirit of meekness...I have but one question also TE....I have a life, do you?.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I'm no whacked out religious freak, as matter of fact religion has hurt more people than anything, I go to a simple little country church that just preaches the Bible plus or minus nothing, none of this crazy stuff you see on TV.

I'm just a country boy raised up on a dairy farm, got into trucking to get away from milking cows. I got into the party scene on the road and almost killed myself and others several times, then I found that ole good Book......and I believed and it changed my life.

Remember TE, you asked me the question about Heaven or Hell, and I just answered it according to what I believe, that's the only way I know how. So please ask yourself...do you have The Life?

BB..... if I broke any posting rule I'm sorry, this will be my last post on this topic with Elvis.

I respect this post. So, can we be friends now? TE out....

Well you should have stayed in the City, I wish I would have went into the City back when I had the chance.
Linehaul sucks bigtime right now, we are getting screwed more and more everyday.

My post doesn't make sense if you don't put the post I quoted there too. (I just noticed that it is a function of the forums that only one post be quoted when you hit the quote button.) DOH

Things are getting kinda slim around here. But then I see that happening with every company right now.

What other ways does it suck for you ? I know the obvious, no delay pay, no breakdown pay, cut runs, is there something I am missing here ?

I will most likely never go back to P&D. I prefer LH.

If I did go back to P&D there would have to be a really good reason for me to do so.

P.S. The P&D guys have their problems too. No overtime, short work weeks, crabby customers, crabby dispatchers etc.

Elvis , you are a jerk ,but I do like reading your posts as you do not come off like a fruitcake just spewing crap. I may never agree with you on the union thing but I totally support your right to voice your opinion.

Kings disciple , lighten up , its Elvis , he has been throwing bombs here for some time . Its good to have a counterpoint.

So, does this mean that I am invited over for thanksgiving left overs? TE out......

Nor do you know me personally sir. But after all those words basically what you have done is accused me of trying to get TE to apologize for his fortunate situation, and that I never did. Nor did I say that anyone had no right to express themselves about problems, we all have them, and it is our right to express them.
All I was trying to do was to help this driver (not TE) that was complaining about some wait time, get things in better perspective so he would realize that it really is not that bad thus helping him feel better about his immediate situation.
Then TE in usual form comes in and throws gas on the fire.

I've read alot of posts in this Estes board, and most of these men and women encourage one another in hard times,and for that I am thankful, but not TE, he seems to want to encourage someone to get even more upset at the issue at hand which solves nothing. This is just plain wrong.

As far as projecting beliefs on others, is that not what you and every other poster does when they give thier opinion on this board? Is not that one of these liberties you speak of as per the freedoms we have as Americans? Is that not in fact sir, the very thing that you just did in your post?
It is so ironic to me that a liberal shouts "freedom of expression!" until someone tries to express a view that opposes them, and then it is "you can't say that, it's not politically correct!

What you are doing is taught to freshman in psychology 101, and it is called "sub-conscious framing" and is an old trick of politicians.
I especially liked the big patriotic ending to your speech, You don't by any chance hold public office somewhere do you?..:biglaugh:
This psycho babble is the only reason I responded to your post in the first place. For the most part I agree with most of your posts but that one in particular came across as condescending and with the sound that we should all be thankful at the expense of the less fortunate and I personally don't look at my gratitude that way. You should probably review your posts prior to submitting and you may or may not see what I was getting at. Nothing personal KD and you are so way off base trying to judge my character from an internet message board. Nuff said,end of subject on my part. Happy Holidays to all.