Yellow | Dec 31st shutting the doors rumor?

Had a Fedex freight drive tell me their sales force has informed him that we’ll cease operation at year’s end.
Any truth to this rumor?

Well so much for another BS lie....tell him I said so too!
Just called linehaul driver board (770-618-3399 if you are board)....they are working and only have 3 drivers available....hello?....they are working!....Now go eat some greens and peas and move on!!....Happy New Year, AGAIN!......KK

Just called linehaul driver board (770-618-3399 if you are board)....they are working and only have 3 drivers available....hello?....they are working!....Now go eat some greens and peas and move on!!....Happy New Year, AGAIN!......KK
Apparently you don't know what you are talking about. You see nobody knows more about what is happening at this company more than a purple puke salesman. Someone needs to call welch and get him to understand that yrc needs to go down so Fred can survive. Even though yrc doesn't matter because they aren't competition.

Now hold on a minute! Its not over! I understand the official bk paperwork hasn't arrived yet because its late being shipped exact express!
If they have 3 drivers left then they need to do another and bigger layoff. Push all that work over to yrc's new partners at celadon trucking! I'm sure when they bought glen "less" that they bought the contracts too.
Another hoffa BS deal.....tell him I said so too! That is if he can be found!

Happy New Year.

At least I received "SHARED" pension checks today.

I changed that one all important word a bit. I, like you, got one also but they are more like a county welfare check then a pension.
You forget, its the onion's money that they so graciously have shared with us. It doesn't matter that the company paid 100s of 1,000s of dollars in our name to it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for all the love they show me. I'll bet our $120,000+ pension loving local retired officials love then more though.

PS: Check"s"!!!!!!!! I'll see you tomorrow after you cash it at the Long Branch for some celebrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed that one all important word a bit. I, like you, got one also but they are more like a county welfare check then a pension.
You forget, its the onion's money that they so graciously have shared with us. It doesn't matter that the company paid 100s of 1,000s of dollars in our name to it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for all the love they show me. I'll bet our $120,000+ pension loving local retired officials love then more though.

PS: Check"s"!!!!!!!! I'll see you tomorrow after you cash it at the Long Branch for some celebrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm applying for more of that county welfare money this October(ssa). I'll met you tomorrow at the Bada Bing and you can tell me Yellow Dog stories. I'm buying the first round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now hold on a minute! Its not over! I understand the official bk paperwork hasn't arrived yet because its late being shipped exact express!
If they have 3 drivers left then they need to do another and bigger layoff. Push all that work over to yrc's new partners at celadon trucking! I'm sure when they bought glen "less" that they bought the contracts too.
Another hoffa BS deal.....tell him I said so too! That is if he can mI be found!

Happy New Year.

Lol... :LMAO:

YRC will close its doors on 12/31/2011 and reopen on 01/03/2012

muttley.gif

I'm applying for more of that county welfare money this October(ssa). I'll met you tomorrow at the long branch and you can tell me Yellow Dog stories. I'm buying the first round.

Sounds like a plan! I'll be the one with Miss. Kitty sitting on my lap!

PS: I thought you had been collecting ss for the last 8-9 years!:smilie93C_peelout:

Sounds like a plan! I'll be the one with Miss. Kitty sitting on my lap!

PS: I thought you had been collecting ss for the last 8-9 years!:smilie93C_peelout:
You and Miss Kitty will have to play cowboy without me. I'll be watching the dancers at the Bada Bing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be rumors of YRC's demise and closing on labor day, Independence day and several holidays to follow.

Guardrail

Independence Day, now that would be ironic, don't ya think?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be rumors of YRC's demise and closing on labor day, Independence day and several holidays to follow.

Guardrail

You forgot Groundhog Day!! :biglaugh:

By the way, I like your comment "I like all dogs I meet, and some people too", but I really like this one a little better:

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!" :1036316054:

All of this has exponentially confounded the trauma I already felt, and has taken its toll both emotionally and physically, subjecting me to utter hell. Believe me, I want resolution and criminal charges pressed on anyone out there who had anything to do with this crime.:biggrin:

I know this must be hard for some to take. But tomorrow is January 3rd and YRC will be out there delivering freight. The only worse thing than listening to rumors from drivers is listening to rumors form salesmen...:17142:

Have you ever expressed your opinion from anywhere other than behind your monitor? I guess its kind of like the BS the Union spreads about organizing Fedex isnt it? I guess you havent seen the last quarters earnings for Fedex Freight have you? Yep,they are all real dumb!
Last I heard Fedex freight was lossing money and was being held up by the smaller package entities.. Maybe this explains why they wont haul any freight unless they can make 10%.. Trying to make up for lost cash to Freddys pocket

I know this must be hard for some to take. But tomorrow is January 3rd and YRC will be out there delivering freight. The only worse thing than listening to rumors from drivers is listening to rumors form salesmen...:17142:
man you closed up guys are dedicated! Working, Delivering, when you're already closed and all! :LMAO: wish I was that dedicated!

(Just kidding; Keep my pension funded- good luck for at least another year!)