Yellow | Dec 31st shutting the doors rumor?

Yellow who said:
Last I heard Fedex freight was lossing money and was being held up by the smaller package entities.. Maybe this explains why they wont haul any freight unless they can make 10%.. Trying to make up for lost cash to Freddys pocket

42 million profit last quarter actually.

You and Miss Kitty will have to play cowboy without me. I'll be watching the dancers at the Bada Bing.

Suit yourself if you just want to watch, I'm more of a, "hands on" kind of guy!!!:TR10driving03:

That's what happens when a company closes 100 terminals, stops with the price war and resumes with the fuel surcharge

As opposed to yrc's closing over 400 terminals, selling the rest to leaseback for cash for everyday expenses, laying off 45,000+ employees, discounting to the ends of the Earth and still can't make a wooden nickel.
yrc started the price war when they took the wage concessions and used it for discounts instead of paying down debt like the liars said they would use it for.
I think I like the fed-x modus operandi a wee bit better.

PS: Wasn't most of the fed-x terminals closed Watkins ones after they merged with fxf.

turboj said:
As opposed to yrc's closing over 400 terminals, selling the rest to leaseback for cash for everyday expenses, laying off 45,000+ employees, discounting to the ends of the Earth and still can't make a wooden nickel.
yrc started the price war when they took the wage concessions and used it for discounts instead of paying down debt like the liars said they would use it for.
I think I like the fed-x m-o a wee bit better.

PS: Wasn't mose of the fed-x terminals closed Watkins ones after they merged with fxf.

All of the "closed" ones merged. There was some job loss but nothing massive. At my barn we had work for everybody,no jobs lost. As you pointed out,there is no comparison.

All of the "closed" ones merged. There was some job loss but nothing massive. At my barn we had work for everybody,no jobs lost. As you pointed out,there is no comparison.
No, there is no comparison. Watkins was tiny and basically absorbed into fredex. Yellow and Roadway were direct competitors in every market. When you combine 2 service companies, you have double the facilities (2 in each town) hence closing half of the terminals and needing half the manpower. Now go ask your purple puke salesman what bs story about yrc you are supposed to take to the customer tomorrow.

slim66 said:
No, there is no comparison. Watkins was tiny and basically absorbed into fredex. Yellow and Roadway were direct competitors in every market. When you combine 2 service companies, you have double the facilities (2 in each town) hence closing half of the terminals and needing half the manpower. Now go ask your purple puke salesman what bs story about yrc you are supposed to take to the customer tomorrow.

We dont need to spread anything,the service speaks for itself. I dont know how you figure you need half the manpower when you have all the freight from both companies. Its not like they laid off half the company over night. Heres YRC losing three times what FXF makes in a quarter and you think FXF is doing something wrong? You keep telling those pukes what you think!

PS: Wasn't most of the fed-x terminals closed Watkins ones after they merged with fxf.

So this is all true..except the modus operandi part..FedEx could not finish off YRC which explains why YRC is still there. The layoffs and down size was 90% recession related. All the 400 terminals closed because of the melt-down and predatory pricing paid for day to day stuff. When you have the largest non going toe to toe against the largest union carrier you don't need a degree in economics to understand that FedEx had a huge advantage. FedEx paid a pretty good price in the war..they had their share of hefty loses. When you factor in the debt YRC had while FedEx was awash in cash I'd give YRC the win
VebrzA3rbQQxhTRPptdOJiGN2Es.gif

We dont need to spread anything,the service speaks for itself. I dont know how you figure you need half the manpower when you have all the freight from both companies. Its not like they laid off half the company over night. Heres YRC losing three times what FXF makes in a quarter and you think FXF is doing something wrong? You keep telling those pukes what you think!
Because you aren't sending a yellow truck and a roadway truck to the same place. Now you just send a yrc truck. If you don't need to spread rumors, then why has fredex been doing it for years?
If you want your freight destroyed fast, Call fredex. Service speaks for itself.

Suit yourself if you just want to watch, I'm more of a, "hands on" kind of guy!!!:TR10driving03:
Met me at the Bada Bing and I'll buy you a beer and we'll watch the "young" dancers vs. Miss Kitty of Long Branch fame.

slim66 said:
Because you aren't sending a yellow truck and a roadway truck to the same place. Now you just send a yrc truck. If you don't need to spread rumors, then why has fredex been doing it for years?
If you want your freight destroyed fast, Call fredex. Service speaks for itself.

Where are those damage numbers anyway? You act like some trucker talking smack is a new thing. And you think its a corporate strategy! Hey,I thought the Teamsters wanted to organize Fedex? All of those Purple Pukes would really help your situation out,with more people paying into the pension fund and all. We could be brothers some day!

I know this must be hard for some to take. But tomorrow is January 3rd and YRC will be out there delivering freight. The only worse thing than listening to rumors from drivers is listening to rumors form salesmen...:17142:

I saw a few running freight today... Or were they just taking the trucks home for good??? :eek:

Guardrail

truth. right on the money brother.

I do know that not all terminals that are on leaseback are gone forever.yrcw reserves the right to obtain them back if necessary.or if certain conditions aren't met by the leaser

So this is all true..except the modus operandi part..FedEx could not finish off YRC which explains why YRC is still there. The layoffs and down size was 90% recession related. All the 400 terminals closed because of the melt-down and predatory pricing paid for day to day stuff. When you have the largest non going toe to toe against the largest union carrier you don't need a degree in economics to understand that FedEx had a huge advantage. FedEx paid a pretty good price in the war..they had their share of hefty loses. When you factor in the debt YRC had while FedEx was awash in cash I'd give YRC the win
VebrzA3rbQQxhTRPptdOJiGN2Es.gif
If yrc's losses can be 90% blamed on the recession then why can't fed ex's losses also be blamed on the recession ?

If yrc's losses can be 90% blamed on the recession then why can't fed ex's losses also be blamed on the recession ?

I'm sure some was. YRC closed 400 terminals. FedEx closed 100. Couple things. YRC had a lot more capacity to get rid of but they still have more terminals then either Roadway or Yellow had before the merge. YRC was loaded with debt and forced to sell off more terminals to pay for the buy-outs.. FedEx, ABF and Conway smelled blood and the war on workers began

the problem with fed ex is too many foreigners working for them, some of the fed ex that speak english are nice , there are many that don't . how they obtained there license is a question to me ....

Hey fart, not all of us are like slim. I know in most cases the grunts at Fed-Ex are guys just feeding their family's, same as us. If ya'll ever do decide to go union, I for one would welcome you with open arms. You'll have to excuse us if we seem a bit rough around the edges as most of us have been through hell the past 3 years.

Southern Man said:
Hey fart, not all of us are like slim. I know in most cases the grunts at Fed-Ex are guys just feeding their family's, same as us. If ya'll ever do decide to go union, I for one would welcome you with open arms. You'll have to excuse us if we seem a bit rough around the edges as most of us have been through hell the past 3 years.

It doesnt bother me,the best case scenario is everyone doing well so there are choices of places to work. Anymore there arent many decent places left.