Yellow | December 2008 Unofficial YRCW Ballot Survey Poll

you are right, fed-ex drivers are getting hrs cut to nothing and big lay-offs. but you are uninformed if you dont believe all yrc companies were not cutting each others throat for the same freight. yes today one sales team so i dont think they still do that but that insane business practice cost us dearly......and it should mean something to you...pension:chairshot:

Every company under the YRC umbrella was growing before the economy started heading south. As has been belatedly pointed out, for political reasons, this recession began one year ago. The company was doing fine until the fourth quarter of 2007, the beginning of the recession. Of course they were competing against each other, each one was trying to grow its own business. Whether this was exactly the correct way to go is beyond my limited ability to judge. But, as has been pointed out frequently, this was the plan from the beginning. Rather than throw it all together instantly, like many had unsuccessfully done in the past, they decided to do it incrementally. The only problem was, they didn't plan for the worst economy since the Great Depression. They have a lot of company here. You probably didn't planned for it either, did you? But I'll bet if you are from Yellow, you thought it was a good idea to be buying up as much of our competition as possible , at the time. Bigger is better, and we are competing against giants like UPS and FedEx. The economy went bad and a whole lot of you are looking for someone to blame, and you have decided to make it YRC and the Teamsters Union. This is a long way of saying, you are wrong.

Every company under the YRC umbrella was growing before the economy started heading south. As has been belatedly pointed out, for political reasons, this recession began one year ago. The company was doing fine until the fourth quarter of 2007, the beginning of the recession. Of course they were competing against each other, each one was trying to grow its own business. Whether this was exactly the correct way to go is beyond my limited ability to judge. But, as has been pointed out frequently, this was the plan from the beginning. Rather than throw it all together instantly, like many had unsuccessfully done in the past, they decided to do it incrementally. The only problem was, they didn't plan for the worst economy since the Great Depression. They have a lot of company here. You probably didn't planned for it either, did you? But I'll bet if you are from Yellow, you thought it was a good idea to be buying up as much of our competition as possible , at the time. Bigger is better, and we are competing against giants like UPS and FedEx. The economy went bad and a whole lot of you are looking for someone to blame, and you have decided to make it YRC and the Teamsters Union. This is a long way of saying, you are wrong.

I be just a truk drivr but me see weekning frate with cumpenny last yeer also, me beeleeve that is wyy thee contect was neego-she-8ed like it was butt brother team-guys tink it was fixed2 been-e-fitt cumpenny and ibt bigg-wiggs r inn on it fillen they-r britches wit monies me ting this knot tru. ON the realistic side, Larry I truly think(some of)these people will never believe that the economy has anything to do with all of this. I cannot figure out if they are company men or antiunion or both.. Will find out on 1-1-2009 take care Brother you are a true TEAMSTER:1036316054:

you are half right

Apparently, Yellow and the Teamsters have come to the conclusion that employees that are layed-off shouldn't vote. I went and got a withdrawal card November 16th. Whether you are paying dues or not should not matter in the case of wage reduction, as you're still an employee of that company and will be affected if and when you are called back to work.
Yellow does the laying off...the 'great union' does the card withdrawing.:1036316054:

I be just a truk drivr but me see weekning frate with cumpenny last yeer also, me beeleeve that is wyy thee contect was neego-she-8ed like it was butt brother team-guys tink it was fixed2 been-e-fitt cumpenny and ibt bigg-wiggs r inn on it fillen they-r britches wit monies me ting this knot tru. ON the realistic side, Larry I truly think(some of)these people will never believe that the economy has anything to do with all of this. I cannot figure out if they are company men or antiunion or both.. Will find out on 1-1-2009 take care Brother you are a true TEAMSTER:1036316054:

You know, Bob, the thing that annoys me is that these "experts" come on here and make all these claims and accusations without ever reading anything, doing even the tiniest bit of research or looking even one inch past their noses. And they make these outrageous claims with absolutely no facts to back them up. And then they get upset if anyone else questions them.

You know, Bob, the thing that annoys me is that these "experts" come on here and make all these claims and accusations without ever reading anything, doing even the tiniest bit of research or looking even one inch past their noses. And they make these outrageous claims with absolutely no facts to back them up. And then they get upset if anyone else questions them.

You just defined the term RUMOR in so many words

Yeah, but Wolf tells me on another thread that we should embrace these rumors because there might be a speck of truth buried somewhere within.
Larry don't put posts in my mouth. You know what I was getting at. Why you wanna treat me that way man.:hissyfit:

Larry don't put posts in my mouth. You know what I was getting at. Why you wanna treat me that way man.:hissyfit:

I'm sorry, that is exactly the way I interpreted your post. Consequently, I do not know what you were getting at. I find most of these rumors to be totally baseless, and I believe that most never pan out. And, to be honest with you, I think a lot are placed on here by outsiders or management types from nonunion competitors to create doubt and misinformation. Way too many of the posters on their forums are so brainwashed that they don't even have a clue how manipulated they are. And there are far too many management types on those sites. Between the brainwashed and the management types, they are floating around this board like vultures.

I'm sorry, that is exactly the way I interpreted your post. Consequently, I do not know what you were getting at. I find most of these rumors to be totally baseless, and I believe that most never pan out. And, to be honest with you, I think a lot are placed on here by outsiders or management types from nonunion competitors to create doubt and misinformation. Way too many of the posters on their forums are so brainwashed that they don't even have a clue how manipulated they are. And there are far too many management types on those sites. Between the brainwashed and the management types, they are floating around this board like vultures.
Its all good man. That whole thing got started because someone was yelling about rumors. Everything on this board is a rumor and would not hold up in a court of law. I have no idea whos telling the truth or just trying to start chit. I feel after awhile I can get handle on it but until then, yes I will welcome the info and use it. Should we close down the forum so that no one can be mislead? I will say it again if we deal in documented facts it will get awfull quite here. Besides I have you to keep me, and the misguided, grounded. :1036316054:

i would say you are right, too much fear.

As you can see by the numbers, I have been on here a bit longer than you. I learned something a long time ago. I used to be a virgin here and thought this was a place to share common ground and ideas. I would post a reply and occasionally start a thread. I would try very hard to be reasonable and present my thoughts with great care. More often than not, my posts would be thread stoppers or would be ignored completely. I discovered that the way to get immersed in the conversation was to be controversial or insulting. Nobody wants to have a reasonable discussion. Now if I were to state that YRC sucks, Zollars is incompetent, the union is corrupt or Hoffa is a crook, I would be a hero here and everybody would want to share all their love with me. But I can't say any of those things, because I don't have the irrefutable facts to back any of that up. I don't think YRC sucks and I don't know if any of the other three are true. And neither do any of you. I don't deal in rumor. I take that back. I did hear one rumor several months ago about how they were going to eliminate all the sleepers out west, and, like an idiot, I posted it here. I learned my lesson, never again.:chairshot:

So, in conclusion, I don't try to be reasonable and kind on here anymore. It simply doesn't work. I won't say that about several other forums on the boards, but on the YRC forum, reasonable doesn't work.

As you can see by the numbers, I have been on here a bit longer than you. I learned something a long time ago. I used to be a virgin here and thought this was a place to share common ground and ideas. I would post a reply and occasionally start a thread. I would try very hard to be reasonable and present my thoughts with great care. More often than not, my posts would be thread stoppers or would be ignored completely. I discovered that the way to get immersed in the conversation was to be controversial or insulting. Nobody wants to have a reasonable discussion. Now if I were to state that YRC sucks, Zollars is incompetent, the union is corrupt or Hoffa is a crook, I would be a hero here and everybody would want to share all their love with me. But I can't say any of those things, because I don't have the irrefutable facts to back any of that up. I don't think YRC sucks and I don't know if any of the other three are true. And neither do any of you. I don't deal in rumor. I take that back. I did hear one rumor several months ago about how they were going to eliminate all the sleepers out west, and, like an idiot, I posted it here. I learned my lesson, never again.:chairshot:

So, in conclusion, I don't try to be reasonable and kind on here anymore. It simply doesn't work. I won't say that about several other forums on the boards, but on the YRC forum, reasonable doesn't work.
Hell who knew, LARRY WAS JUST LONELY. :console: Sorry could'nt help myself. :biglaugh: :hide: Go ahead. I'll give you a freebie.

Its all good man. That whole thing got started because someone was yelling about rumors. Everything on this board is a rumor and would not hold up in a court of law. I have no idea whos telling the truth or just trying to start chit. I feel after awhile I can get handle on it but until then, yes I will welcome the info and use it. Should we close down the forum so that no one can be mislead? I will say it again if we deal in documented facts it will get awfull quite here. Besides I have you to keep me, and the misguided, grounded. :1036316054:

Well, at least I'm serving some purpose here. You know I was just looking at the updated voting on this thread, and came to one conclusion. If all the votes cast here are legitimate, then the people who come on here are far more involved than at your local barns. Only 3-plus percent refuse to vote, here. I'll bet you a whole lot more than 3% will never vote on the concessions. I may disagree with a lot of the posters here, but, at least, they appear to be involved.

It will be interesting to see how the voting here compares to the actual results. If the nos are far fewer than they are on here, I speculate that this thread was sabotaged by our non-union brethren, or, at least, the normal suspects over there. My remedy: call your representatives and demand that they vote YES on the EFCA.

Well, at least I'm serving some purpose here. You know I was just looking at the updated voting on this thread, and came to one conclusion. If all the votes cast here are legitimate, then the people who come on here are far more involved than at your local barns. Only 3-plus percent refuse to vote, here. I'll bet you a whole lot more than 3% will never vote on the concessions. I may disagree with a lot of the posters here, but, at least, they appear to be involved.

It will be interesting to see how the voting here compares to the actual results. If the nos are far fewer than they are on here, I speculate that this thread was sabotaged by our non-union brethren, or, at least, the normal suspects over there. My remedy: call your representatives and demand that they vote YES on the EFCA.
I have sent my ballot in, did not vote here as I feel its kinda personal. I'm sure I will be making 10% less next year. But I will make this public and only someone with an automotive background is gonna understand. I've voted for my last republican. :order:

I have sent my ballot in, did not vote here as I feel its kinda personal. I'm sure I will be making 10% less next year. But I will make this public and only someone with an automotive background is gonna understand. I've voted for my last republican. :order:

I read an interesting letter to the editor a couple days ago. The author said that we shouldn't be criticizing the auto workers for making a good living. We should be aspiring to earn the same descent wages as they are. This is so damned true. But the working man is the brunt of the blame, while the scum at the top rakes in unbelievable bounty. It is the same sad old story. The robber barons of a century ago led to the rise of labor unions in America. Hopefully this same sorry situation will lead to the revival of the unions. Like I tried to point out in a thread that I started last week, you will have to take your lumps now, a 10% cut, suck it up and be ready for the battle to come. If we still have the courage of our forefathers and fight for this revival, you need to accept this loss so that you will be around to fight for much greater victories. You lose the battle so you can win the war. It is never conclusively won, but just maybe you can be around during a time when your side is on top again.

Hey Larry, I find based on what I see at work, the biggest complainers usually have a wife that has a really good paying job. Also, I get to the point where I post other places. It seems like there are so many people on the YRC forum who want to see YRC fail.

DSCF0381.jpg

Nuff said. Since $Bill is still at the helm my ballot goes in the mail Monday.
Not like it makes any diff. The count has already taken place.

I was laid off before Thanksgiving, took a withdrawl, but I still got a ballot. Voted, YES-- then went to my OTR job at a Non-Union (only places hiring) company and drove 3,000 miles in the ice and snow to Ark, Mich, Il, In, Pa, and New York CITY! Every load is a challenge to log/ to fix the trailer problems, the delivery problems, the lumpers...... Lots of things to be paid out of pocket/ have to wait for reimbursment. And you are "on probation" every hour. No union to back you..... Remember; this is what you face if you vote no.......