TForce | Decert filed in Jax036

Yes I read, and I have read the column. Of course he is gonna bring it up, it is a huge thing that is taking place. Yes he says it is the employees choice to make and he says that it is the employees at this company that made it what it is or was, they purchased a non-union company that has the best employees the industry has to offer and they knew it. As I said in my reply UPS is capable of working within a contract they have been doing it for years.I would hope our prez would have faith and say "just watch us" if he said ,I don't think we can make it. I would be a little scared.Again thank you for your understanding:1036316054:

well the current contract looks like we had no say either so whats your point UPS will only put what they want in whether you want to have a say or not!!:hide:

My Point??? Well, I am enjoying all the benefits of the contract that we did not have before. I enjoy getting paid for a full night sitting at home when a junior man gets offered the work before me. I had no say before. Now I say and they pay. I enjoy getting paid for all my time waiting around for paper work, freight or for someone to say I can go now. The employees wanted seniority to count, Now it does. They wanted delay pay, cheaper Insurance premiums, Ot after 8, Ect,Ect, No matter how you look at the contract, We are getting alot more now than what we had before the contract. So I think you really do understand what my point was. :smilie_132:

My Point??? Well, I am enjoying all the benefits of the contract that we did not have before. I enjoy getting paid for a full night sitting at home when a junior man gets offered the work before me. I had no say before. Now I say and they pay. I enjoy getting paid for all my time waiting around for paper work, freight or for someone to say I can go now. The employees wanted seniority to count, Now it does. They wanted delay pay, cheaper Insurance premiums, Ot after 8, Ect,Ect, No matter how you look at the contract, We are getting alot more now than what we had before the contract. So I think you really do understand what my point was. :smilie_132:

Amen Buster....... Its beyond me why some people still don't get it.:duh::duh:

thats funny with all that being said my meet man (which is union)makes less than I do and I dont enjoy all of your contract benefits...my point exactly

Are they true? That would be a very foolish mistake,if so... The co. won't treat you any better and will take advantage of you every which way they can. No union,no protection. Simple as that. Remember, with a contract it's all in black and white. Without a contract you are at the mercy of the management and TM. Good luck and Godspeed to us all.

gaffney , augusta, greenville and west columbia, also filed.

we had 2 guys (crybaby road drivers, not ment to say all road drivers cry but these 2 do) sign to decert in GVL. thats it!!! 2....... so this a rumor and BS. oh and by the way the 2 that signed the decert seem to be the 2 that ALWAYS find trouble and get into it.

thats funny with all that being said my meet man (which is union)makes less than I do and I dont enjoy all of your contract benefits...my point exactly

Your meet man makes less than you???????????The 26 years that I have been here the pay scale has always been the same across the board. Sooner or later you will enjoy the benefits of the contract or you will have to find another job.

we had 2 guys (crybaby road drivers, not ment to say all road drivers cry but these 2 do) sign to decert in GVL. thats it!!! 2....... so this a rumor and BS. oh and by the way the 2 that signed the decert seem to be the 2 that ALWAYS find trouble and get into it.

Your saying this is BS, but then you admit that 2 people signed a decert form, so which is it is it BS or not.

A decert will be an election not a signed piece of paper.

I know for a fact it is true.

Everyone wants to know the advantage of being union. Could someone explain to me the benefits of being nonunion? I mean other then the daily sausage bob in the backroom.

Well said Well said could not have said it better....:1036316054:

Where did you hear UPS say they wanted this? Is this your opinion?

Really? This will cost alot of money and right now they aren't rebranding due to the cost and we all know how they feel about image.

Your quote is "they do what they want, when they want". UPS is a union company with a very good contract,yes? So then what good will the union and that contract we have do for us. UPS is comfortable with the union, structure, discipline and a military environment is what they need to do business daily.

UPS does not require you to be union, some states do. Many thousands of UPSer's are not union and they are fine with it. They come to work, do their job and go home. That is what UPS wants and if you do this you will have no problems working here,Promise. I do know plenty of UPS drivers, and they tell me "do your job and you won't have any problems" If you think you are going to get over on them, guess what? You will probably lose. Welcome to America and thank you for your time and understanding:1036316054:

Hey JBR, long time no talk to. I knew UPS was international, but I didn't know they were intergalactic. Maybe you have spoke to a UPS parcel guy or gal from another planet, because every UPS parcel person I have ever spoke to, that dwells on the third rock from the sun, conveys the very same message. "You don't want to work for brown without a contract." Teamster Elvis out....

You are leaving something out of this post. Why don't you be specific? Don't mislead on this board and then not expect to be checked. That is childish. I make much more now than pre-contract. And so do all RDDR. So go back and correct yourself. If you want any credibility, that is. Teamster Elvis out....

Everyone wants to know the advantage of being union. Could someone explain to me the benefits of being nonunion? I mean other then the daily sausage bob in the backroom.

There are many advantages to remaining non union. You can keep your spot under the tms desk. This keeps your vip status at your particular terminal. That special relationship with your local management reaps many perks. If you don't believe me, just look around at your barns. Who are the ones who are so adamant about remaining non union. Survey says!!! You are correct. The ones who constantly are receiving special treatment. So if you have no self respect. No dignity. No pride. No regard for your fellow co-workers. Maybe that kind of lifestyle is for you. I prefer belonging to a collective bargaining unit. This contract has plenty of room for improvement. And in 5 years it will improve. What are any of you doing as Teamsters to make THIS contract the best it can be? Are any of you stewards? If not, are you pointing out discrepancies, violations etc. to your stewards? Are you in contact with your local on a regular basis? Do you know your business agents name? Your president? Your secretary treasurer? Do you call them? Do you visit them? Do you ask them, what can I do to help the local represent UPSF workers? Do you read the contract? Do you make a point to understand the contract? Do you file grievances, if needed? Do you go to meetings? Do you as a Teamster convey to your co-workers the importance of getting involved with your local? Do you demand representation from your local? We are the union people. If you show intensity, and are active, your local will make sure you are taken care of. If you sit on your a$$ and complain, or do nothing, they will assume you are content. It's like complaining about the graffiti in the neighborhood, but you never call the cops. I'm ranting again. But I'm tired of the whining. Get involved that's all. Teamster Elvis out...

yes its true they had almost 50% sign the decert petition from what I hear.

ALMOST 50%....FROM WHAT I HEAR!!!! So does it take more than 50% to make a stupid mistake? I hope for you'alls sake that after all the organizing you dont have some smart guys ruin it for you. I venture to geuss UPS wont like that!!!!!!!:chairshot: I bet they can run freight around those terminals reall friggin quick! Believe me that is the way it works in the freight business! You **** them off you will starve!!!!:1036316054:

Your meet man makes less than you???????????The 26 years that I have been here the pay scale has always been the same across the board. Sooner or later you will enjoy the benefits of the contract or you will have to find another job.

well seeing that I still recieve my 401k match of 60 dollars a week and no union dues I figure that to be more than my meet man...as for enjoying the benefits of the contract I can wait for that!!thank you :butt kiss:

Hey JBR, long time no talk to. I knew UPS was international, but I didn't know they were intergalactic. Maybe you have spoke to a UPS parcel guy or gal from another planet, because every UPS parcel person I have ever spoke to, that dwells on the third rock from the sun, conveys the very same message. "You don't want to work for brown without a contract." Teamster Elvis out....
Well Well Well, Welcome back Elvi. Everything is fine here on Earth, Third rock from the sun. Good to hear from you again, I was beginning to wonder if you went the way of your partner Liebs. while some of these parcel guys do appear to be from another planet the ones I encounter are 100% earth beings. Now for another over used cliche (clever saying) ( not meant for you Elvie baby) Birds of a feather flock together:1036316054: Meaning if you keep hanging out with disgruntled individuals all the time you won't be able to see all the positive things taking place within the confines of UPS Freight. You know for 20+ years this has been a really good place to work (better than most) and now all of a sudden you would think we worked for some rinky dink operation making $12 an hour or 30 cpm. As I said before in 3 years under the big brown umbrella no firings at my place just revenue records and plenty of freight to move. Oh and I don't think they will be running freight around Hrs or Sav or Jax for that matter not even my little ol' terminal we are to important. We Move Freight, NEXT:hysterical: Elvis good to have you back , look forward to future discussions and remember that is still one ugly avatar, Peace Out:funky:

I'm sorry, but to work for Brown without a contract is like trusting a crocidile to get you to the other shore without getting bitten. It aint gonna happen. I've heard that Newburg is using owner-operators( not ours) for alot of their nightliners.True? false? And their Co. drivers are getting the leftovers. My point is that without a contract to put it all in black and white,Brown will use whatever means to get freight moved on the cheap.

A few terminals may? may? de-cert. I hope that they do. We need to see how much the medical goes up to pay for ours being frozen for 5 years.