Reddaway | Decertification At Reddaway

slavenomore

TB Legend
PREMIUM
Credits
Anderson truck firm divided over union » Redding Record Searchlight

A bid to decertify the Teamsters union has driven a riff through an Anderson truck firm.

In April, Teamsters Local 137, through a card-signing vote, organized some 60 drivers at the Reddaway plant on Alexander Avenue.

But soon after the final vote was counted, employees not happy with the outcome circulated a petition to abandon the union.

Organizers were able to get more than the required one-third signatures for a decertification election.

But the vote has yet to take place.

The ensuing seven months have ravaged the workplace with both sides crying foul, accusing each of spreading lies and misinformation, and using intimidation tactics to sway opinion.

Union backers say Reddaway is attempting to influence the decertification election by laying off pro-union employees in the months after the successful organization effort.

More.....

Anderson truck firm divided over union » Redding Record Searchlight

A bid to decertify the Teamsters union has driven a riff through an Anderson truck firm.

In April, Teamsters Local 137, through a card-signing vote, organized some 60 drivers at the Reddaway plant on Alexander Avenue.

But soon after the final vote was counted, employees not happy with the outcome circulated a petition to abandon the union.

Organizers were able to get more than the required one-third signatures for a decertification election.

But the vote has yet to take place.

The ensuing seven months have ravaged the workplace with both sides crying foul, accusing each of spreading lies and misinformation, and using intimidation tactics to sway opinion.

Union backers say Reddaway is attempting to influence the decertification election by laying off pro-union employees in the months after the successful organization effort.

More.....

but Reddaway told me "they dont care if we're union or not". But I think Mr pebbles is lying about that. As I'm sure he dont want the union in there... One more reson to be there....:clappy::clap:

I was one of many drivers that were layed off then terminated due to signing a union card. layed off due to lack of work, then terminated when called back for fulltime status,which the fulltime or even part time work never came about. We have many greivences submitted to our local union(137) but, as of yet, haven't gone before a panel. The way I see it, its like a Mexican (no offense) Standoff. With either side postponing theses hearing month after month while the driver is left hanging in limbo. Im not impressed with the teamsters OR Reddaway in their Handling of former employees. Wish you brothers luck! You'll need it!