SAIA | Decision making day

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Our last contract included language that permits the company to use uncorroborated technology to issue discipline to us. Given that language just what could the teamsters do for us in that situation?

With enough of a presence in LTL that language could be avoidable. There would be more leverage in negotiations.

When I read threads like this it amazes me that the Teamsters Union doesn't have a presence in every single one of our companies. I don't understand why drivers continue to let these LTL's get away with the things they do.

For all of the faults of the Teamster's Union, and there are many, nonsense like this would be 100% preventable. At the risk of insulting someone, I just can't believe so many drivers have their heads so far up their ass they can't see this.
It didn't stop Sysco from abusing their camera's. They got around that by having it become a corporate policy. Perhaps the local I was in was weak.

It didn't stop Sysco from abusing their camera's. They got around that by having it become a corporate policy. Perhaps the local I was in was weak.
Weak or incompetent=same result for the rank and file. Company policies that affect terms and conditions of employment are mandatory subjects of negotiations. Many times company policies are just accepted when they shouldn't be.

Nothing is being shoved down your throat. You are free to leave anytime. SAIA's overall compensation plan is one of the best in the business. You are lucky!!! FYI. The leadership team has the right to change their mind anytime they feel it's in the best interest of the company. I'm sorry you don't approve.

Nothing is being shoved down your throat. You are free to leave anytime. SAIA's overall compensation plan is one of the best in the business. You are lucky!!! FYI. The leadership team has the right to change their mind anytime they feel it's in the best interest of the company. I'm sorry you don't approve.

Keep drinking that company coffee...spoken like a manager

Keep drinking that company coffee...spoken like a manager
He copied and pasted my post off of the union thread to be funny I suppose. It makes absolutely no sense in this discussion. These guys discussing the union on here are not trying to shove anything down anyone's throat. These guys don't work here and are just expressing their opinions. ABFer is union and is totally disgusted with the Teamsters. As everyone knows I'm anti union but chose not to join in the fray. Phil is just being stupid. I haven't a clue why he posted that.

Last edited:
He copied and pasted my post off of the union thread to be funny I suppose. It makes absolutely no sense in this discussion. These guys discussing the union on here are not trying to shove anything down anyone's throat. These guys don't work here and are just expressing their opinions. ABFer is union and is totally disgusted with the Teamsters. As everyone knows I'm anti union but chose not to join in the fray. Phil is just being stupid. I haven't a clue why he posted that.

Actually, that was what you told me when I addressed the cameras and other changes that were affecting morale. Nothing to do with the union. Thought you would appreciate the impact you had on my life and was only returning the favor my friend. Trying to snap you out of your funk on this subject with your own words of wisdom you so freely shared. Don’t be offended.

Actually, that was what you told me when I addressed the cameras and other changes that were affecting morale. Nothing to do with the union. Thought you would appreciate the impact you had on my life and was only returning the favor my friend. Trying to snap you out of your funk on this subject with your own words of wisdom you so freely shared. Don’t be offended.
You got me on that one. The cameras directly affect driver morale when used by hostile management. I will say that not all of management are hostile. As it relates to the union ... The Teamsters isn't the anwser. Only an open dialogue between management and drivers can address morale issues.

You got me on that one. The cameras directly affect driver morale when used by hostile management. I will say that not all of management are hostile. As it relates to the union ... The Teamsters isn't the anwser. Only an open dialogue between management and drivers can address morale issues.

That’s exactly the case. I’ve not had a bad experience, yet, but every day, all day, I’m waiting on it. Take a sip of coffee, eyeball the camera. Hit a bridge expansion joint, eyeball the camera. Get near a known place that sets off camera, eyeball the camera. Camera goes off, wait a day or twelve to see if your on the list.
As far as open dialogue, fat chance. I had a supervisor tell me some of the issues were addressed at their annual meeting with officers in the company and they were shut down without any discussion. When it starts at the top it works it’s way down because they either know they have no voice, no choice, or no accountability.
No, the union isn’t THE answer, but it might be AN answer if nothing more then retaliation. I’m too old and to far along myself but that doesn’t mean I can’t see the writing on the wall. I hope it doesn’t ever come to it. I’ll bail for sure at that point, I think.

That’s exactly the case. I’ve not had a bad experience, yet, but every day, all day, I’m waiting on it. Take a sip of coffee, eyeball the camera. Hit a bridge expansion joint, eyeball the camera. Get near a known place that sets off camera, eyeball the camera. Camera goes off, wait a day or twelve to see if your on the list.
As far as open dialogue, fat chance. I had a supervisor tell me some of the issues were addressed at their annual meeting with officers in the company and they were shut down without any discussion. When it starts at the top it works it’s way down because they either know they have no voice, no choice, or no accountability.
No, the union isn’t THE answer, but it might be AN answer if nothing more then retaliation. I’m too old and to far along myself but that doesn’t mean I can’t see the writing on the wall. I hope it doesn’t ever come to it. I’ll bail for sure at that point, I think.
I aim for potholes, smile on my face, both hands on the wheel, say "cheese"!

ffmV36N.jpg

How do you like me now? Oh yeah!

ffmV36N.jpg

How do you like me now? Oh yeah!
Many don't have any choice but to drink the Kool Aid. They are drowning in debt and are afraid to speak up because of the fear of retaliation. New houses ... New cars and trucks,boats and so on ... New swimming pools ... Being pretentious has a high price to pay. Many managers are in the same boat. I could never live my life that way. I'm a very private man and have nothing to prove. I have no intention of being at the mercy of someone or something that views me as an expendable commodity. Pretentious people get what they deserve.

Last edited:
brainwashed