Decisions,Decisions,Decisions

double r

Dock delivery expert
Credits
Do I:
A) Continue to stay local and work 4, maybe 5 days when we are busy and sleep in my own bed every night
or
B) Take the road route that is about to open up and be gone 2 nights(wednesday and thursday), sleep in the truck, sleeper, run to NY on mondays, sitting on my butt and just backing into docks on that day, and either have off tuesday or run to OH and p/u.

HMMMMMMMMMM

Let you know tomorrow what I decide. Will most likely be asked when I walk in in the morning, driver is quieting(thanks for giving notice) and telling the supervisor in the morning before he leaves on the route.

Where do you go on your 2 day lay? sounds pretty sweet, you might get fat..LOL, whatever you decide it will be for your good and the good of your family, I know your a heck of a grocery man, you can always go back local if it don't suit you, good luck with the choice!!! I gotta hit the hay, see ya'll tomorrow!

Thats great RR!! I wish ours could get resolved, I'm jealous :(I'm happy for you though!!
Threaten your supervisor. Tell him you are going to take him on one of your routes and leave him(inset name of farthest or worst town in your area here). I told mine I was going to take and leave him in Viola,WV :) Ever see the movie Deliverance? That is what Viola is like. I swear I heard banjos. Plus, to get to the delivery I had to travel FIVE miles on a dirt road.

Threaten your supervisor. Tell him you are going to take him on one of your routes and leave him(inset name of farthest or worst town in your area here). I told mine I was going to take and leave him in Viola,WV :) Ever see the movie Deliverance? That is what Viola is like. I swear I heard banjos. Plus, to get to the delivery I had to travel FIVE miles on a dirt road.

Now that is sweet!! I gotta say, you got a pair of brass ones, my boss would say "F yourself, I can't work with labor, (rank and file), anyway", so I don't go there...LOL!!!!!!

Now that is sweet!! I gotta say, you got a pair of brass ones, my boss would say "F yourself, I can't work with labor, (rank and file), anyway", so I don't go there...LOL!!!!!!
My supervisor was nothing but another driver like me for a few years. When he was offered the position last year he called me and asked my opinion. Nice thing about working for a company that pormotes from with in. He knows what we do, go through and has a good working relationship with his drivers. He even drives when need it, although he's only a Class B. I tell him to kiss my azz every day, ,lol. My route supervisor is the same. Was a driver, then supervisor. When I got hired nine years ago he is the one that told me what I was doing my first day and stuff and then left for another account. Came back as a route supervisor a year and half later, so he knows the same plus will drive when needed. Nice what you get away with when you work for a small company, plus he has respect for his drivers(they both do) and we have respect for them. We may disagree, argue, and get PO'd at each other but like he said to me last week, "Then we kiss and make up". Then I told him to go F himself and he told me to go to work, LOL.

Ever see the movie Deliverance? That is what Viola is like. I swear I heard banjos. Plus, to get to the delivery I had to travel FIVE miles on a dirt road.
Well gee whiz food dude, you experience THE HILLBILLY, so where then is the surprise of dirt road traveling??:fingure: