FedEx Freight | Dedicated FedEx Team Position

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
https://www.changingtrucking.com/dedicated-fedex-team-position/

Transport America is seeking driving teams to fulfill its FedEx account. FedEx teams will run the entire 48 states with a majority being Midwest, Southeast, and Northeast. This lane consists of no freight in New York City. Drivers will be paid 6,000 miles to the truck for the week but will only be running an average of 4,800 miles each week. There will be short loads (<500 miles) during the week to re-position equipment. Most loads average 1,000 miles one way in distance. Routes run Monday – Friday providing drivers with home time every weekend. Both drivers must be hazmat certified.

Comments?

Last edited:
Jeff:

The article says a few interesting things...

Runs will be often be 1000 miles. (2 legs of a meet and turn).

Sometimes shorter than 500 miles. (That could be any shuttle run we have).

What it didn't say anywhere was FedEx FREIGHT. (We can assume, but Ground might be utilizing this as well).

It doesn't mention doubles endorsements. (So, this isn't the Pilot program using our trailers - oh wait, maybe they'll just use the rail containers?)

Thoughts?

Jeff:

What it didn't say anywhere was FedEx FREIGHT. (We can assume, but Ground might be utilizing this as well).

It doesn't mention doubles endorsements. (So, this isn't the Pilot program using our trailers - oh wait, maybe they'll just use the rail containers?)

Thoughts?

Wish we had more specifics on the rate. It might be fun to run some numbers.

"Drivers will be paid 6,000 miles to the truck for the week but will only be running an average of 4,800 miles each week."

Agree, it's interesting that it doesn't mention Freight, specifically. Sounds like a Freight thing, but may operate under Corp and could be used to cover any & all opp-cos. Either way, it could (likely) also have something to do with current & serious capacity crunch and/or the potential for USP to strike Aug. 1st. Pure speculation, I know...

Wish we had more specifics on the rate. It might be fun to run some numbers.

"Drivers will be paid 6,000 miles to the truck for the week but will only be running an average of 4,800 miles each week."

Agree, it's interesting that it doesn't mention Freight, specifically. Sounds like a Freight thing, but may operate under Corp and could be used to cover any & all opp-cos. Either way, it could (likely) also have something to do with current & serious capacity crunch and/or the potential for USP to strike Aug. 1st. Pure speculation, I know...
God, I'm glad I'm not a road driver

Also, when I put in by zip code, that offer is not available.

I'm assuming these are only running out of a specific region. Anyone getting this position in your neighborhood by searching on Jeff's link?

Charlotte is confirmed by hoot's glass door link.

Last edited:
Jeff:

Thoughts?
It is for FedEx Freight,you dont need Haz Mat for Fedex Ground

Position pays up to $0.28 CPM :hilarious:

Thanks but no thanks, let them run it!! :1036316054:

You guys must be crazy to turn this down, this kinda money would almost pay your expenses plus part of
your caddy fee.
Seems like we were making about $0.40 back in 89, only drawback, don't think our trucks were "dog friendly"