FedEx Freight | Dedicated FedEx Team Position

So, say you do a 7.5 hour road run and then are TOLD (not asked) to do a three and a half hour drayage run....
OT or not?
Local guy that started at the same time and worked the same hours gets OT.
Are you implying that FedEx California road drivers should be paid OT, despite the significantly higher hourly rate currently paid?

What is the difference between your local guy's hourly rate & your road hourly rate?

About the same as the difference between a City driver on OT and a road driver on straight time $7 hr.
But say it was a mileage compensated driver forced to do drayage after an eight hour run?
City driver gets OT while road driver gets drayage rate straight time.

Are you implying that FedEx California road drivers should be paid OT, despite the significantly higher hourly rate currently paid?

What is the difference between your local guy's hourly rate & your road hourly rate?
The straight time difference between road and city in my yard is just over $7.50 per hour. That gap is closing with every pay raise. If they would leave us on linehaul hourly to do extra work at the end of the day, there wouldn’t be much argument. But they don’t, we drop to the lower drayage rate at straight time while working overtime. A city driver working the same number of hours would get overtime for that extra work.
Now.....
When you take mileage pay times miles driven, plus task pay, divided by hours worked, which would be YOUR hourly rate, do you make the same as a City driver?
We at RC & Co would wager that the hourly figure for a road driver in a 65 mph state would be north of $40 per hour.

The straight time difference between road and city in my yard is just over $7.50 per hour. That gap is closing with every pay raise. If they would leave us on linehaul hourly to do extra work at the end of the day, there wouldn’t be much argument. But they don’t, we drop to the lower drayage rate at straight time while working overtime. A city driver working the same number of hours would get overtime for that extra work.
Now.....
When you take mileage pay times miles driven, plus task pay, divided by hours worked, which would be YOUR hourly rate, do you make the same as a City driver?
We at RC & Co would wager that the hourly figure for a road driver in a 65 mph state would be north of $40 per hour.

A level B GPD city driver gets $27.43 for MOST of their hours and $41.15 for far fewer OT hours. Using your own numbers, road drivers get an amount similar to OT for MOST of their time. The OT earned by the city driver applies to a significantly smaller amount of time. I know there are endless variables, but none of this is new or worth getting in to.

As for your California (hourly road) rate, I can't fix your State, or the politics responsible. Often people get the politicians they deserve. I do seem to recall someone at R.C. & Co. bragging, saying they make more now on hourly than they did on mileage.

Not sure what to make of the change of heart... Turmoil/disagreement in the ranks at R,C, & Co.?

A level B GPD city driver gets $27.43 for MOST of their hours and $41.15 for far fewer OT hours. Using your own numbers, road drivers get an amount similar to OT for MOST of their time. The OT earned by the city driver applies to a significantly smaller amount of time. I know there are endless variables, but none of this is new or worth getting in to.

As for your California (hourly road) rate, I can't fix your State, or the politics responsible. Often people get the politicians they deserve. I do seem to recall someone at R.C. & Co. bragging, saying they make more now on hourly than they did on mileage.

Not sure what to make of the change of heart... Turmoil/disagreement in the ranks at R,C, & Co.?
Sorry, we didn’t mean to brag, just a statement of fact as we no longer feel compelled to drive like the typical FedEx *******. At least that’s how most other people in driving positions (notice we didn’t call them drivers) refer to our company’s drivers (and steering wheel holders where appropriate). We also don’t feel compelled to skip breaks any longer. The combined practices of driving the speed limit and taking breaks (as allowed in company guidelines) is what has produced the increase in our income stream(s).

But tell me Swampy, have you converted the mileage and task pay for road drivers in your area into an hourly rate?
Some of us overpaid road drivers in California would be interested in that number. If you need assistance, the accounting dept and rocket scientist mathematicians at RC & Co. are waiting to help you. Just call 888-*******.

Sorry, we didn’t mean to brag, just a statement of fact as we no longer feel compelled to drive like the typical FedEx :censored:. At least that’s how most other people in driving positions (notice we didn’t call them drivers) refer to our company’s drivers (and steering wheel holders where appropriate). We also don’t feel compelled to skip breaks any longer. The combined practices of driving the speed limit and taking breaks (as allowed in company guidelines) is what has produced the increase in our income stream(s).

But tell me Swampy, have you converted the mileage and task pay for road drivers in your area into an hourly rate?
Some of us overpaid road drivers in California would be interested in that number. If you need assistance, the accounting dept and rocket scientist mathematicians at RC & Co. are waiting to help you. Just call 888-:censored:.
We are at the lowest rate and mine is 37.35 if your interested

Sorry, we didn’t mean to brag, just a statement of fact as we no longer feel compelled to drive like the typical FedEx :censored:. At least that’s how most other people in driving positions (notice we didn’t call them drivers) refer to our company’s drivers (and steering wheel holders where appropriate). We also don’t feel compelled to skip breaks any longer. The combined practices of driving the speed limit and taking breaks (as allowed in company guidelines) is what has produced the increase in our income stream(s).

Some of us overpaid road drivers in California would be interested in that number. If you need assistance, the accounting dept and rocket scientist mathematicians at RC & Co. are waiting to help you. Just call 888-:censored:.

Apparently the infamous purple thong(s) CAN be gotten into a wad. Who knew?

Don't recall anyone calling left coasters overpaid. Also the rocket scientists over there at R.C.& Co should know that there are too many variables between runs to pull hard numbers from. Many change on a daily basis. Would you like to play with grey numbers?

:smilie93c peelout:

Apparently the infamous purple thong(s) CAN be gotten into a wad. Who knew?

Don't recall anyone calling left coasters overpaid. Also the rocket scientists over there at R.C.& Co should know that there are too many variables between runs to pull hard numbers from. Many change on a daily basis. Would you like to play with grey numbers?

:smilie93c peelout:
The west coast rocket scientist was able to determine many years ago what his average hourly road wage was. Perhaps if you call, he will assist y’all.