Holland | Deer hunting Friday in MI

skullcramp

Government Seal
Credits
In MI there has been a tradition of allowing unlimited 8 and outs on the opening weekend of deer hunting, the intention being that you'd rather have guys for 8 hours than have them call in sick. This year Ryan decided to start a new tradition that did away with that. Not sure how many called off, but Ryan did say there is a real "lack of integrity" in the bargaining unit. In keeping with the spirit of things, dave the night ops idiot savant, told the part timers at their pre shift meeting that "if you aren't going to stay until close don't bother coming in on monday".
In the interest of fairness, I will say that Ryan did buy food for the guys that showed up. at 900pm jimmy johns did deliver 2 12 packs of half sammies. plenty of food for 40 or so hungry girls and boys. What a guy. Our next area director.

:wee: I always liked how management is quick to say, "You reap what you sow", but when they end up being the sorry reapers they cry like babies.

Rules ??? WHAT Rules ?? at our barn 20% to 25% is OFF EVERY Friday , and worst part is that management kisses ass to these hire crybaby whiner's , daily these new hires whining ,oh I refuse drive that truck or I can't take that stop ,or I need off on my 8th hour every Friday or I need Friday off cause my cat is sick , and more on what rules, every barn has it's own set of rules too ?? pretty much if you are a new hire you get what ever you want !! and the best-funny one a 10% Driver , goes in office weekly & say's IF I don't get called early ,I'm going QUIT , so he has a early bid start for the past year as a 10% guy ???? bottom line is the company is spinning out of control & getting worst weekly !! R.I.P. the old Holland work rule way's !!

Rules ??? WHAT Rules ?? at our barn 20% to 25% is OFF EVERY Friday , and worst part is that management kisses ass to these hire crybaby whiner's , daily these new hires whining ,oh I refuse drive that truck or I can't take that stop ,or I need off on my 8th hour every Friday or I need Friday off cause my cat is sick , and more on what rules, every barn has it's own set of rules too ?? pretty much if you are a new hire you get what ever you want !! and the best-funny one a 10% Driver , goes in office weekly & say's IF I don't get called early ,I'm going QUIT , so he has a early bid start for the past year as a 10% guy ???? bottom line is the company is spinning out of control & getting worst weekly !! R.I.P. the old Holland work rule way's !!

Hey that guy works in MI wong. they can't all be like that can they?

You guys need a good next contract, and some good work rules or strike, if they close you can find work.
A million guys won't even check a box on a ballot that is sent to their house, you think these lazy bums are going to try and get a good contract next time.....might as just put them down as a "Yes" vote to anything the company offers right now. Pretty sad!

So Wednesday , before Thanksgiving , thinking at least 20% of board will call in sick for a long Turkey wk-end , and management must be planning for it already as they are bringing in more trap trailer's this week !:guiness:

[QUOTE="wongway, post:I'm going QUIT , so he has a early bid start for the past year as a 10% guy ???? bottom line is the company is spinning out of control & getting worst weekly !! R.I.P. the old Holland work rule way's !![/QUOTE]

Wong how close to the bottom of the percenter board is this guy? They can't have this guy come in earlier then those above him.

[QUOTE="wongway, post:I'm going QUIT , so he has a early bid start for the past year as a 10% guy ???? bottom line is the company is spinning out of control & getting worst weekly !! R.I.P. the old Holland work rule way's !!

Wong how close to the bottom of the percenter board is this guy? They can't have this guy come in earlier then those above him.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like nobody is filing on it.

Wong how close to the bottom of the percenter board is this guy? They can't have this guy come in earlier then those above him.
Sounds like nobody is filing on it.[/QUOTE]
He is the #1 ten percent guy and he is on the bottom have of board , but the BA say's they can call 10% guys any time they want to , to fill spots where guys are off or to cover freight needs !! and since there is at least 5 - 10 guys off everyday ,because of the -15% & Disgruntled driver's , and we can't hire nobody so that's the way it is ???

He is the #1 ten percent guy and he is on the bottom have of board , but the BA say's they can call 10% guys any time they want to , to fill spots where guys are off or to cover freight needs !! and since there is at least 5 - 10 guys off everyday ,because of the -15% & Disgruntled driver's , and we can't hire nobody so that's the way it is ???[/QUOTE]
Got a point I can't counter.

I am thinking that if he is used as a replacement he must cover the man he is replacing hours ?
If this is done daily you should be able to force a bid at that time. Does the company have a limit their as to how many start times they can have ?
Your work rules may be different ??

He is the #1 ten percent guy and he is on the bottom have of board , but the BA say's they can call 10% guys any time they want to , to fill spots where guys are off or to cover freight needs !! and since there is at least 5 - 10 guys off everyday ,because of the -15% & Disgruntled driver's , and we can't hire nobody so that's the way it is ???[/QUOTE]

Up to 10% of the seniority list can be percenters and they can be called in for any shift. However anyone on the seniority board can bid a percenter spot. At our barn a few Guys in the top 1/3 of the board bid percenter. Especially if they can get the top half of the percenter board during the summer.

In MI there has been a tradition of allowing unlimited 8 and outs on the opening weekend of deer hunting, the intention being that you'd rather have guys for 8 hours than have them call in sick. This year Ryan decided to start a new tradition that did away with that. Not sure how many called off, but Ryan did say there is a real "lack of integrity" in the bargaining unit. In keeping with the spirit of things, dave the night ops idiot savant, told the part timers at their pre shift meeting that "if you aren't going to stay until close don't bother coming in on monday".
In the interest of fairness, I will say that Ryan did buy food for the guys that showed up. at 900pm jimmy johns did deliver 2 12 packs of half sammies. plenty of food for 40 or so hungry girls and boys. What a guy. Our next area director.
He's a terrible TM. He killed the integrity of the barganing unit. A horde of horse ::shit:: letters and then he wonders why guys used their contractual sick days. He has destroyed whatever morale was left at this barn. The few who did still care no longer do. He has nobody to blame but himself and he gets what he deserves.

You guys need a good next contract, and some good work rules or strike, if they close you can find work.
What "next contract"? If Hoffa is in again for another 5 years of screwing the members, look for the freight division of the Teamsters to fold. Hoffa don't care because he knows there are 19 other Teamster Divisions that he can suck money out of. That is why there are no new contributors putting anything into the Cent States Fund. UPS contributions are gone. The grocery haulers are either gone or will be soon by starting their own pension fund. The Teamsters have nothing to offer non union freight haulers any more. The well is about dry. Hoffa, Nyhan and their cronies are happy. Lichtenwald and the Slawsons are retired and going unpunished for picking the members' pockets for $$ millions. Lots of others just as corrupt haven't been caught yet, but the retirees are still "on the hook" with pensions soon to disappear. The union bosses pay and pensions have not been cut 10 cents and never will be.

What "next contract"? If Hoffa is in again for another 5 years of screwing the members, look for the freight division of the Teamsters to fold. Hoffa don't care because he knows there are 19 other Teamster Divisions that he can suck money out of. That is why there are no new contributors putting anything into the Cent States Fund. UPS contributions are gone. The grocery haulers are either gone or will be soon by starting their own pension fund. The Teamsters have nothing to offer non union freight haulers any more. The well is about dry. Hoffa, Nyhan and their cronies are happy. Lichtenwald and the Slawsons are retired and going unpunished for picking the members' pockets for $$ millions. Lots of others just as corrupt haven't been caught yet, but the retirees are still "on the hook" with pensions soon to disappear. The union bosses pay and pensions have not been cut 10 cents and never will be.
Are you sure the freight division will fold?

Are you sure the freight division will fold?
Logistics Management wrote in Nov 2011 that over 600 large Teamster companies had gone "belly up" since deregulation in 1980. How many more since then? Lakeville Motor Express is just one of them. What can union organizers offer individuals or companies to persuade them to join after the mismanagement of the pension fund, who themselves say they will claim bankruptcy in less than 9 years? A safe and secure pension? The Teamster leadership sucks. The wages are going the wrong way (if you ever DO get to top scale or get any benefits). There is no job security anymore, except for the union bosses. They keep their high triple digit salaries no matter what. The companies know the Teamsters Freight Division has no leverage any more. If Teamster Freight companies go out on strike, the companies will just use the growing number of non-union carriers that Hoffa and his organizers can't organize. Hoffa, Hall and Nyhan worked together to doom the Cent States Fund and now are forming other pension funds without the freight members that created the IBT. Hoffa knows with at least 19 other Teamster divisions, we are expendable. The money from the other divisions will still fill his pockets. Hoffa, Hall, Nyhan and their cronies are laughing all the way to the bank, amazed at how easy it has been to scam the Teamster membership into giving up millions.

Last edited: