Holland | Deer hunting Friday in MI

TO Troubleman84......I held a card in St Paul (Local 638) & (Local 120) Denver, CO (Local 17) and Chicago (Local 710) for a total of over 38 years. Local 710 has their own "in house" pension separate from CSPF, Local 638 "lost" my records and I was not in Local 17 long enough to be included in their pension plan (Western Conf.), hence 34.5 years "paid in" to CSPF.
I have been retired for 9 years and have been notified by ThomASS Nyhan that my pension will be cut by 50% to $1450 per month. They also told me my wife of 52 years will have her survivor benefits cut after my death. Hoffa, Nyhan and his thieves will not let go even if you die. They still want more. So much for a secure, promised pension and comfortable retirement. All the companies I worked for paid in 100% of required contributions to the fund. The only "card" I hold now is a withdrawal card which does not entitle me to speak at a Teamster Union Hall (Local 120) or to cast a vote in any Teamster election (even though, as a retiree, I will be one of those most affected by Hoffa and Nyhan's incompetence and corruption). Any more questions?

Last edited:
Your anger should be pointed toward Fitzsimmons for allowing under the table "loans" from the pension fund which caused the Justice Dept to force the fund to turn over control to a Bankster Investment Fund. When the stock picks went up they kept the winner for themselves but when the stock pick tanked the Banksters gave the trade to the Pension Fund, the hit the Fund with a trading fee as well.

Your anger should be pointed toward Fitzsimmons for allowing under the table "loans" from the pension fund which caused the Justice Dept to force the fund to turn over control to a Bankster Investment Fund. When the stock picks went up they kept the winner for themselves but when the stock pick tanked the Banksters gave the trade to the Pension Fund, the hit the Fund with a trading fee as well.
You nailed it snark. sure don't hear much about this I'm just wondering, has our president for life ever spoken out against this? Not that it matters, Mr talk tough and settle has bigger fish to fry.

You say my anger should be pointed at Fitzsimmons? What about the Congressional Oversight Committees created in 1972 (ERISA) to watch for more corruption and theft from the CSPF after the mob days of using it for a slush fund? What about another separate Congressional Oversight Committee created in 1989 to watch the IBT leadership for yet more corruption and mob influence? Neither of these worthless oversight committees "watched" or stopped anything. There were appointees from both the Repubs and the Dems on these committees for 42 and 27 years respectively. (The the first, ERISA was abolished by a Democrat controlled Senate and Obama in 2014 and the last one was recently dissolved by a NYC Federal Judge because Hoffa's cronies convinced that judge that the Teamsters were now as "pure as the driven snow" - no more corruption.) I don't know which rock that Federal judge has been living under. I smell another payoff. After Fitz (thief of CSPF funds), where were Roy Williams (sent to prison), Jackie Presser, (thief of CSPF money and FBI snitch), and finally Hoffa, Jr.,(current thief), and the government "watchers" when the Fund was being drained? A couple of interim Teamster presidents were appointed as "chair warmers" and also did nothing. Nobody did anything to stop the sacking of the Fund. They were all (some still are) getting a piece of the action. Nyhan and Hoffa are still there in spite the Fund losing $2 B in 2002 and another $10 B in 2008-09. What does it take to be fired?. Hoffa just keep getting re-elected and Nyhan just keeps on blaming others for the Fund tanking while he is stuffing his pockets. Both are getting richer & richer with members' money (not to mention a few hundred other bloodsuckers in the IBT and CSPS).....and what do the members do? Re-elect Hoffa. The gravy train continues, but NOT for the members or the retirees.
The only other Teamster leader that tried to clean out the Teamster corruption was Ron Carey. The big Teamster bosses did not like someone messing with their "gravy train" and arranged some phoney corruption charges (later proven untrue and charges dropped) to have him removed. Hoffa,Jr replaced him in a special election in 1998. The Fund and the Teamsters have been going downhill ever since. The bottom line is that they were all crooks, we were all used as suckers to make some very rich.
My anger is at every Teamster leader (including Fitz) since I first became a Teamster in '72 for lying to me and a whole lot of others about a "secure" pension fund (while they were busy draining it) and also at the government bureaucrats who were being paid to look the other way. My anger (and disappointment) is also at all the non-voters and brainwashed Teamster members that keep re-electing Hoffa, his cronies and nobody demands Nyhan be held accountable for incompetence, corruption, misuse of funds and most probably just plain ol' theft of members' funds. We are truly our own worst enemies. I don't know the election turnout number, but let me guess. 25% ?

Last edited:
Sorry for the long reply to Snark, but just would NOT fit "in a nutshell". The "gravy train" continues through the long dark tunnel.
The light on the other end is not the daylight so many promise, it is instead another freight train on our track and nobody can stop it.
Nobody at the controls of either one. The westbound train is named Teamster Freight Lines. The eastbound is named CSPF Express.

Nothing against you guys and your factual information, but this ::shit:: turns my stomach. I've never been screwed harder.

In MI there has been a tradition of allowing unlimited 8 and outs on the opening weekend of deer hunting, the intention being that you'd rather have guys for 8 hours than have them call in sick. This year Ryan decided to start a new tradition that did away with that. Not sure how many called off, but Ryan did say there is a real "lack of integrity" in the bargaining unit. In keeping with the spirit of things, dave the night ops idiot savant, told the part timers at their pre shift meeting that "if you aren't going to stay until close don't bother coming in on monday".
In the interest of fairness, I will say that Ryan did buy food for the guys that showed up. at 900pm jimmy johns did deliver 2 12 packs of half sammies. plenty of food for 40 or so hungry girls and boys. What a guy. Our next area director.
Hey Skull heard Ryan hit the road! Went Xpo. Also heard that most of the TM's up in your region are working under a 30 day corrective action. Can't imagine any terminal operating worst than ours.