TForce | Defeat LHD now while we still have a chance!

Xperado

TB Lurker
Credits
Speaking for myself I would rather not strike. But if that is what it takes to Defeat LHD then I have no problem in doing so. If anyone thinks the company/union is daring us to strike to back up a NO Vote now then just wait & see what happens if this LHD language is passed.

It will be game over for road side. Our last resort would rather not strike option to get a better contract negotiation from then on will be completely eliminated. Think about it: We are all connected at negotiation time whether we realize it or not. To some extent or another what affects dock/local cartage also affects road & vise versa. This is divide & conquer in action. Vote :452:

Speaking for myself I would rather not strike. But if that is what it takes to Defeat LHD then I have no problem in doing so. If anyone thinks the company/union is daring us to strike to back up a NO Vote now then just wait & see what happens if this LHD language is passed.

It will be game over for road side. Our last resort would rather not strike option to get a better contract negotiation from then on will be completely eliminated. Think about it: We are all connected at negotiation time whether we realize it or not. To some extent or another what affects dock/local cartage also affects road & vise versa. This is divide & conquer in action. Vote :452:

One day some of you may want to run the road and take a brake from Dock or P&D. Under this new contract with LHD that opportunity will not be there. This will take some time to happen but I honestly believe down the road LHD will be the new line haul for UPSF and then it will slowly filter into some of the P&D work. Look at the language in this LHD article. Where ever UPS can use cheap labor, they will and UPS is not afraid to twist the language to their benefit. LHD is going to change the LTL industry as we know it.

One day some of you may want to run the road and take a brake from Dock or P&D. Under this new contract with LHD that opportunity will not be there. This will take some time to happen but I honestly believe down the road LHD will be the new line haul for UPSF and then it will slowly filter into some of the P&D work. Look at the language in this LHD article. Where ever UPS can use cheap labor, they will and UPS is not afraid to twist the language to their benefit. LHD is going to change the LTL industry as we know it.

Heard today it will be a take it or leave it. They are going to call our bluff.

Also they will not not pay February's insurance payment.

If this is true we work for some really nice people.

Expect some serious change of operations to accommodate LHD...

Those of you that choose not to fight get ready for a cost of living downgrade.

Not to scare anyone but just the reality of working for UPSF if this contract passes...

Heard today it will be a take it or leave it. They are going to call our bluff. Also they will not not pay February's insurance payment. If this is true we work for some really nice people. Expect some serious change of operations to accommodate LHD... Those of you that choose not to fight get ready for a cost of living downgrade. Not to scare anyone but just the reality of working for UPSF if this contract passes...
Hey Skeeter I just got off the phone with open enrollment benefits department. The insurance for this enrollment covers us until the official ratification of the next contract whenever that time may be so we are good to go on insurance. That rumor you just heard about the Feb. insurance payment is not only false but also illegal. This can be easily verified by contacting the benefits department. Last but not least...Go to Vote :452:

:bananag:

Hey Skeeter I just got off the phone with open enrollment benefits department. The insurance for this enrollment covers us until the official ratification of the next contract whenever that time may be so we are good to go on insurance. That rumor you just heard about the Feb. insurance payment is not only false but also illegal. This can be easily verified by contacting the benefits department. Last but not least...Go to Vote :452:

:bananag:

Ok, Appreciate the correction. But I believe the rest to be true...
Thanks, Xperado...

Heard today it will be a take it or leave it. They are going to call our bluff.

Also they will not not pay February's insurance payment.

If this is true we work for some really nice people.

Expect some serious change of operations to accommodate LHD...

Those of you that choose not to fight get ready for a cost of living downgrade.

Not to scare anyone but just the reality of working for UPSF if this contract passes...

And so the fear tactics begin. Vote NO!

I agree 100%. Could you imagine wanting a take a break from P&D to line and go from over $26.00 to $15.00 an hour and 38 cents a mile. Yeah!

I don't think it would take them long at all to grow LHD larger than our road driver board... Our teams would be history to.

I spoke with a p&d driver last night he said the city drivers would vote yes they're worried we may strike and our tm said they will close the doors all I can say is the road drivers had better show up and in force. If we don't kiss your job good bye for those who live in a right to work state if this passes tell the brotherhood good bye resign from the union hell its not like they represent us anyway.

I spoke with a p&d driver last night he said the city drivers would vote yes they're worried we may strike and our tm said they will close the doors all I can say is the road drivers had better show up and in force. If we don't kiss your job good bye for those who live in a right to work state if this passes tell the brotherhood good bye resign from the union hell its not like they represent us anyway.

I couldn't agree more. If they can do what they did with the contractors in the first bid. Just think what they will be able to do with LHD.

Good advice on the right to work state. I just consider my $62.00 a month on dues a write off and I don't mean for taxes. I expect nothing and I am never disappointed...

LHD is gonna be no better for p&d drivers. These LHD drivers are gonna be working both classifications Local Cartage & Road.

The following is a quote from the agreement Line Haul Driver Addendum
page 44: An employee in the LHD classification may bid on a job in the local cartage or road classification pursuant to Article 5.

As far as the intimidation tactic of closing the doors...My reply to anyone will be that I volunteer to bring the chain & lock even off the clock!!! :LMAO:

If all the spineless "yes men" city drivers want to vote yes, then thats fine with me. Bcuz they can thank themselves when it gets busy or if ups gets short handed, the language stated that ups could use outside help. Meaning non union workers, so it wont only be our grave they r digging. It will also be theirs

(c) The following work rules shall apply to LHDs:

(i) LHDs work week may be any combination of days in a work week.

(ii) LHDs may have different start times within the work week.

(iii) A LHD may be required to start his day at different times and facilities within the work week depending on the origin of his load.

(iv) Runs shall be as assigned by the Company. However, if a particular work week has consistent work days and start times it shall be subject to bid.

This will affect all of UPSF. If we let this kind of language pass in a UNION contract it will be another sad 5 years...

(c) The following work rules shall apply to LHDs:

(i) LHDs work week may be any combination of days in a work week.

(ii) LHDs may have different start times within the work week.

(iii) A LHD may be required to start his day at different times and facilities within the work week depending on the origin of his load.

(iv) Runs shall be as assigned by the Company. However, if a particular work week has consistent work days and start times it shall be subject to bid.

This will affect all of UPSF. If we let this kind of language pass in a UNION contract it will be another sad 5 years...

LHD IS BAD FOR LOCAL CARTAGE & ROAD! We have to vote this down. Vote :452:

LHD is gonna be no better for p&d drivers. These LHD drivers are gonna be working both classifications Local Cartage & Road.

The following is a quote from the agreement Line Haul Driver Addendum
page 44: An employee in the LHD classification may bid on a job in the local cartage or road classification pursuant to Article 5.

Since they are gonna allow LHD to bid Local Cartage for P&D purposes it would be very naïve to think that they will not be trained to operate Forklifts as well. Could be why they are telling all the road drivers at our barn that they have to become Forklift Certified in the near future. It would make sense to help their LHD division to fit in better knowing everyone is Forklift Certified. I bet they can't wait to bring in their LHD. The New Super Fleet LHD division that does it all from dock/local cartage to road at reduced wages with a smile being union due paying members from the start.(doesn't that sound so logistic?) It would take no time for them to take over this entire operation.
Remember We Can Still Stop This With Another :452: VOTE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a city driver that will be voting no!
But if we strike how long in this economy will it take ups to replace all of us?

The bottom line is the company/union do not want us to strike or close the doors. But they have used these as scare tactics & unfortunately are going to be throwing these terms around a lot more using them as intimidation tactics against us among other things.

If the company/union continue to refuse to listen to the majority of their employees as they have so far then it is possible that we may have to strike in order to defeat the LHD bad contract language. We pay union dues & we would be striking to protect our jobs from future LHD lower wage due paying members. While we are on strike if it comes to that the majority of work/s c a b s working will be non-union/non-due paying workers. Therefore the Union will finally look as if they are on our side for a change (only after the fact) to fast-forward through this strike asap to get us back to work.

Because at the end of the day the union is all about having the work performed by due paying members no-matter what their wages are. There lies the importance of being a due paying member to have the right to vote to stop these shenanigans. Also this will get national media coverage big time & not look good at all on UPS's part. Those two huge factors will create synergy to get the strike over quickly & us back to work with no LHD & likely better raises.

More food for thought: Only a company as large & obviously disconnected with LTL as UPS. That demands/pays for the global media attention that they get. Could take a legit name like Line Haul Drivers/Division that has historically/always represented the top tier/pay employees in the LTL Freight industry & completely turn it into a lower tier/low wage replace all globalistic terminology. :wtflol:

I'm a city driver that will be voting no!
But if we strike how long in this economy will it take ups to replace all of us?

Not long, being that once you don't get a paycheck and you have no medical coverage, many will cross. Talking about strike and actually doing it is a whole other thing.

Not long, being that once you don't get a paycheck and you have no medical coverage, many will cross. Talking about strike and actually doing it is a whole other thing.

Yeah Yeah Yeah! Betcha don't see any sub-contracting abuse anywhere you go either!!! Weak & Spineless just like the company likes, even better if you actually pay dues cause then the union will tip their hat with a smile as well. You should really be lookin for a name change cause the one ya got now is disgracing the union that is disgracing us. I prefer to be on the positive outcome for us so this is not the time to tuck your tail between your legs & give em what they want a yes vote. This is the time for us to stick together with repeated No Votes answering repeated sell out negotiations until we get the negotiation we all deserve.
:burnsauce:

I wouldn't recommend crossing any picket lines.. that never turns out well! Especially a UPS picket line.

Yeah Yeah Yeah! Betcha don't see any sub-contracting abuse anywhere you go either!!! Weak & Spineless just like the company likes, even better if you actually pay dues cause then the union will tip their hat with a smile as well. I prefer to be on the positive outcome for us but this is not the time to tuck your tail between your legs & give em what they want a yes vote. This is the time for us to stick together with repeated No Votes answering repeated sell out negotiations until we get the negotiation we all deserve.
:burnsauce:

:biglaugh:
Lookout, it is internet tough guy.:couch::LMAO: