ODFL | Delay Pay

imported_ol buck

TB Lurker
Credits
I know delay pay begins after 2 hours of waiting, but I've not been able to determine exactly how much per hour it is. Every time I see it on my paycheck, it seems to be an odd and different amount ($7.375, $8.12, etc). Does anybody out there know the answer or where I can find it? Even my driver manager and TM have not been able to give a conclusive answer!:chairshot: :chairshot:

Probably differs on how generous the guy that gives the final approval to payroll is on that particular day. Maybe it has to do with how many nasty grams he is receiving for his actions from above his head or it could be his attitude toward truckers in general. I have never gotten a definite answer to your question and the same with breakdown pay.

My delays always come when I'm at a hotel or a bunkhouse. I'm always paid after 2 hrs but just can't determine how much.

i think it is between 5 and 7 dollars a hour if it did not change at the last wage meeting i did not attend also always check your trip sheet terms will try to cheat you out of it to save on there budget chi is espesially bad for it

Did you ever wonder why a company as big as OD has such confusion among it's employees over P&P, especially over pay and benefits? The employee handbook is like a school textbook from the 60's.

Did you ever wonder why a company as big as OD has such confusion among it's employees over P&P, especially over pay and benefits? The employee handbook is like a school textbook from the 60's.

Lets say when it comes to putting things in print they're a little ....cautious.

i hope this dodent sound like a dumb question,but here goes.if you are delayed and u dont get paid for it can u wright that off as a loss on your taxes at the end of the yr?

how sad is what your all talking about. whether you like the time you have to wait or not, or the pay. at least it should be clearly defined. of course , you should be able to use the same up and down pay thing they want to pay, with your abilty to work hard or not. seems fair to me.

Things are a lot better than they use to be. The old timers had to wait often not getting paid much more than you and I. Its not so sad it has been and could be a lot worse. I want to salute the OD old timers, drivers, management and dockworkers that worked hard in the end making this a good company to work for. Thank You.

Things are a lot better than they use to be. The old timers had to wait often not getting paid much more than you and I. Its not so sad it has been and could be a lot worse. I want to salute the OD old timers, drivers, management and dockworkers that worked hard in the end making this a good company to work for. Thank You.

Very well put. I also would like to wave my hand at them for driving those cab overs with no ac or an interstate system.

i hope this dodent sound like a dumb question,but here goes.if you are delayed and u dont get paid for it can u wright that off as a loss on your taxes at the end of the yr?

If you ain't getting paid for what you do its your own fault and NO you cannot claim money that you did earn.that my friend is called FRAUD.

the new drivers don't know how good they have it now.no power stering, no ac,try sleeping in a cabover with the wind blowing throught.

old school

the new drivers don't know how good they have it now.no power stering, no ac,try sleeping in a cabover with the wind blowing throught.

The old 2 lane roads with the crown in the middle and the soft shoulders or no shoulders,the roads took you thru every small town with it's own Barney Fife.Rest areas were few and truck stops with nothing but " food " and limited parking(maybe some paid entertainment).Pay phones if you could find one, had enough change, and if they worked.The cabs were as quiet as a saw mill and few people realized the danger of a few loose fumes.Have you ever seen the inside of one of the old sleepers,not much comfort .The twin screws with dead axles.Few CB's and no radios,knowing if you break down on a lonely road you will be lonely for a while.No scales,the dock's motto was " load the wagon ". Imagine what 25 or 30 years driving was.Those guys were tough and smart to make it.