Dem.,Senator Jeff Merkley says Trump scares him.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Apostolic, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Apostolic

Apostolic Super Moderator Staff Member

2. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

3. falconfan

falconfan Well-Known Member

Sounds like Jeff Merkley could use some Play_Doh...

Big Dave likes this.
  4. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I hope you guys begin to see him for what he really is.
    Of course it will take some time , I understand

5. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

6. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Trump scares me too. He's draining the swamp with billionaires who are willing to work for peanuts. I wonder why? Republican control will surely make the rich even richer. He wants to strengthen and expand the nuclear capability of the United States, Just how many nukes do we need to destroy the world? Who profits from the cost to build and maintain all those "special weapons and components? What happened to all those promises to build that wall and lock her up? To repeal Obamacare, to balance the budget, lower taxes, rebuild the military and take care of the veterans?

Just who makes those nuclear weapons systems? Could it be the same Boeing and Lockheed that Trump met with to discuss lowering production costs on the F-35s and FA-18s?The entire republican party's control scares the hell out of me. Right to work, now that's a middle class winner. To me right to work only means at will employees without any right to continue working.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...school-choice-in-states/ar-BBxvWWX?li=BBnb7Kz

CCXdriver likes this.
  7. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

He's focused on the wrong target, he needs to keep a watchful eye on Iran and N Korea, not Russia.

8. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

they have enough money and wont be beholden to lobbyist who can easily buy the "poor" millionaires that currently populate our govt
    Maybe they actually see the problems that exist in DCgrad and want to help restore it

Maybe this guy can convince Oregon to leave the union too

jimmy g and Northern Flash like this.
  9. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Wipe the tears out of your eyes, then pay close attention. The technology will be advanced, which adds to our nuclear capabilities. There is no real plan to "expand" in the way of producing more nukes. We already have enough of them, but the technology can always be upgraded.

NEWSFLASH:
    TRUMP IS NOT PRESIDENT YET.:duh:

When it comes to our Govt. cutting costs, we wouldn't expect you leftists to go along.
    {Just look at our current spending and national debt if you want proof.}

jimmy g and Ice Rider like this.
  10. Northern Flash

The Democrats said this same stuff about Reagan. How did that turn out for the Soviets/Russia?

11. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

in the lefts eyes absolutely tragic

12. Crystal

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/USNuclearModernization

No tears, just trying to see through all Trumps smoke and mirrors. Republican, fighter pilot, POW, war hero, John McCain questions Obama's nuclear spending projections as being too costly. Yet apparently Trump talks about spending even more. Where is all the money supposed to come from? How is he going to fulfill all those campaign promises of balancing the budget and reducing the deficit? Don't we already have an order for 80 B-21s at a projected cost of $440 billion?

13. Crystal

And how is the president elect going to accomplish that? With all his big promises just who is going to pay for them? Could it possibly be us little people that will feel the cuts? Sure Trump and his billionaire friends scare me. The foxes will be guarding the henhouse. The Koch bros are smiling.

14. Northern Flash

Personally, I don't care what McCain has to say. He wants to go to war with everyone. And I also think that it's comical when the left is willing to quote someone who they usually hate. That's called cherry picking.

A booming economy (anything above our current, pathetic 1-2% growth) will bring in piles of money, and if that isn't enough, cut out the wasteful Govt. spending, and if that still isn't enough, cut out the fraudsters that are milking our S.S. system.

Nobody is going to balance the budget anytime soon. It could possibly be cut in half during Trump's second term, but nobody actually thinks that it will get balanced anytime soon.

The author of "The Art of the Deal" will get that price reduced.......rest assured.

15. Northern Flash

He is a businessman who knows all about efficiency and being cost effective. Yep. That is something that our current Govt. knows nothing about.

The middle class will benefit, the lazies that we have been footing the bill for might want to go purchase a pair of work boots.

Could it be any worse than Obama's friends like Soros and Buffet controlling Obama's decisions? I.E.....the Keystone pipeline that Buffet is influencing. A lot of American families could be benefiting from that project, but instead, Buffet has bought off Obama to keep his rail tankers filled with that oil.

henry j likes this.
  16. Crystal

Why do you think I represent the left? I actually voted for McCain. I think he's a great patriot. He suffered through 6 years in NVA POW camps unwilling to leave without his fellow POWs. He knows more about the consequences of war than all those chicken hawks in DC. I do realize that Trump has a purple heart some one gave him even though he was a draft dodger like William Jefferson Clinton.

17. Ice Rider

"What happened to all those promises to build that wall and lock her up? To repeal Obamacare, to balance the budget, lower taxes, rebuild the military and take care of Veterans"

Seriously???? He is not even President yet! WTF ? What, do you think he waves a :censored: magic wand? You sound like you have no idea how our government works? Go find a safe place snow flake, we will let you know when it is safe to come out.

Northern Flash likes this.
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The Kochs didn't contribute a dime this past election. There were no Conservative leaning Libertarians running.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  19. Northern Flash

Thanks for the update on McCain's heroism, however, being a war hero does not exempt anyone from being an idiot.
    And your posts make it perfectly clear which side of the isle you support. Let's not try to kid each other.

henry j likes this.
  20. Ice Rider

Just more evidence that Crystal has no idea what happened in this election, and who the players are. I would much rather have a cabinet full of billionaires then a bunch of appointees for macadamia as Obama did, we see how well that worked.

henry j, Limelight and jimmy g like this.