Democrat Rep. John Lewis: ‘I Don’t See Trump as a Legitimate President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rastus, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

[​IMG]

Huma was at the inauguration, maybe she's looking for a new best friend.

DCM_Doc and MikeJ like this.
  2. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

I have been listening to talk radio lately when I am out working and they were talking about exactly what you just said, when it comes to people like Mr.Lewis and what they said was just because someone is an icon or was part of something doesn't mean there a good politician. Okay this guy is a civil rights icon, I'll be honest I think we've gone backwards as far as race relations go, I don't remember it being this bad in the late 1990's or early 2000s.

I understand the whole concept of studying history so we don't repeat mistakes, but this whole living in the past is just ridiculous.

You know we have the same problem here in Cleveland, with the local politicians a man I worked with at another job flat out said "You know people need to stop voting for these name brand people." In Cleveland a name brand person is anyone with the last name of Stokes, Jackson, Sweeny, and Reed

Just because someone is an icon that doesn't mean they are qualified to be a leader. The problem with these icons is all they know is one thing, well at the end of the day there's more to it then that, I mean running around saying your a civil rights icon is great, and all , but that really doesn't mean a whole lot when your district that you represent is having say a garbage collection problem for example i.e. aging equipment, bad collection practices, bad management etc etc, what do you do about that? The mayor of the town is asking you if there's any federal help or what ever and your busy living in the past, just because someone is an icon that doesn't mean there qualified to run the show.

Rastus likes this.
  3. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

Modern day feminism 3rd wave or what ever wave there on now, can also go in that camp all this stuff that was big 50 years ago has lost a lot of relevance because by and large in the macro it's been settled. Feminists cling to the abortion issue for dear life, (irony) because that's really all they got, everything else they took issue with has been settled on and decided the abortion issue is all they have, they have nothing else.

The problem is these people go to war over this stuff and what happens is they get heard changes are made and deals are settled, well once it's been decided all of a sudden now there no longer relevant anymore, that's already been decided passed into law it's over now your battle war or what ever is over, next please.

Well that doesn't work for these people because they planned on making a career out of there cause which makes you wonder a little bit about them.

I would think that if a person was truly sincere about a cause, they would go and fight for it and once it's settled they go back to doing what ever it was they did.

The problem is and this is why you have these "protests" where the people don't even know what there protesting. The problem is a lot of these people lead lives void of any purpose, they don't work hard enough at work, some are unemployed they have to much time to sit around and be lazy if they do have a job like I said it's not challenging enough and truthfully there probably a terrible employee that's as lazy as the day is long, and I attribute it to them not having enough to do.

Take for example a one man band type guy who say owns a carpet cleaning business for example and does that as his job, he's not going to be protesting in the street just to protest, he's busy fighting for survival, he has the challenge of finding new customers and keeping the old customers and running all the different facets of his little one man band business.

It's so funny there's a bar/grill I deliver too and the chef/owner said to me "Yeah you know people now a days just don't want to work."

4. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

Thank you I just wrote about that as well, abortion is the only issue they have and care about other then that, that's a movement that is totally irrelevant and has been for sometime.

buffalobill likes this.
  5. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Was reading about the feminist protest planned for today
    one of the biggest issues is the mandate that will remove birth control for insurance policies
    Because of work, my wife and I have separate health insurance policies
    on mine, I can get birth control and a mammogram
    there are no females on my policy WTF do I need to pay for that for?
    but I do, it drives up the cost
    there in is part of the problem with health insurance, the govt mandates for stuff that people really don't need

PS- there were plenty of protests yesterday, the MSM just avoided showing them
    the reason they did not was the probably protect their leftist brotherin
    the good this, why give these idiots a platform

6. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Well-Known Member

This is what the left can't understand, let businesses compete and tailor plans and costs will come down. Just like the catastrophic plan I was talking about.

jimmy g and buffalobill like this.
  7. Rastus

It's a hidden tax to help prop up Obamacare. Forcing someone to pay for something it's impossible to use but the money helps pay for other people's stuff sure sounds like a tax to me. But that's how the left does it. Very clever people when it comes to getting other people's stuff.

jimmy g likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

She should be set financially for a while with that bundle of Clinton hush money.

jimmy g and DCM_Doc like this.
  9. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I see Lewis as a former civil rights icon, but currently just a race hustler.

jimmy g, DCM_Doc and MikeJ like this.
  10. Rastus

As long as she doesn't have an accident.

jimmy g, Northern Flash and MikeJ like this.
  11. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

She's gotta use that money to shut up the kids carlos danger has been sexting, lol.....

Northern Flash and MikeJ like this.
  12. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Hence, the huge purse and them being there.

Keepingon and MikeJ like this.
  13. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

MikeJ and kboomarang like this.