Democrats eye union pension rescue as part of coronavirus aid

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits

Leaders of four committees of jurisdiction signed off on the strategy​

House Education and Labor Chairman Robert C. Scott, D-Va., plans to introduce legislation to rescue failing union pension plans.  (Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call file photo)
House Education and Labor Chairman Robert C. Scott, D-Va., plans to introduce legislation to rescue failing union pension plans. (Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call file photo)
:hyper:

I read the article, sounds like Grassley/Alexander, not butch lewis. So the cuts will be deeper since we've burnt through an extra 12 billion dollars in the last six years. Thanks pension warriors. I'd like to thank you also for all the unemployed Keystone pipeline workers. Joe Biden the labor president.

The other key provision of this bill, companies can now short change their single employer pension funds. Didn't take biden long to join team Wall Street.

I looked into this more, and it only gets more confusing. It doubles the PBGC guarantee, but that is a mute point. Because it guarantees 100% of benefits. Plus retroactive pay for cuts under MPRA. To bad the dems cannot even make their press releases understandable.