Yellow | DENTIST paid $17,970.00 by plan

twospeeder

TB Lurker
Credits
I had dentures and paid $42900.00 out of pocket to get "all-on-four' upper and lower full mouth fixed bridges (dentist can remove) of zirconia teeth, as good as natural teeth. Now I can chew as if I had natural teeth. Central States dental plan paid $2425.
However, they also paid $17,970 because they considered the implants 'SRO' = 'general surgery outpatient' because of the 10 implants inserted while under general anesthesia. There was also a sinus lift and the zygomatic implants (special implants that eliminate outdated bone grafts).
Two employees, a combined 30 years, said they had seen this payment only 3 times before in 16 years and 14 years.
The check is in my account and this is for real.
This is a two floor dentist office in Lakeland, Florida called "New Teeth Now" dedicated to this type of procedure. My wife got a single implant and it seems her's is only partly covered. They don't do pre estimates so I had to wait until the office satisfied the plan with proper procedure numbers (about 4 pages).
My out of pocket turned out to be $24,930.00!

bcg2sp4.jpg

I had dentures and paid $42900.00 out of pocket to get "all-on-four' upper and lower full mouth fixed bridges (dentist can remove) of zirconia teeth, as good as natural teeth. Now I can chew as if I had natural teeth. Central States dental plan paid $2425.
However, they also paid $17,970 because they considered the implants 'SRO' = 'general surgery outpatient' because of the 10 implants inserted while under general anesthesia. There was also a sinus lift and the zygomatic implants (special implants that eliminate outdated bone grafts).
Two employees, a combined 30 years, said they had seen this payment only 3 times before in 16 years and 14 years.
The check is in my account and this is for real.
This is a two floor dentist office in Lakeland, Florida called "New Teeth Now" dedicated to this type of procedure. My wife got a single implant and it seems her's is only partly covered. They don't do pre estimates so I had to wait until the office satisfied the plan with proper procedure numbers (about 4 pages).
My out of pocket turned out to be $24,930.00!

bcg2sp4.jpg
Now ,That’s what I call insurance,No crying over that bill.

Somewhere declared Out of network, no penalty (wife banks the maximum tax free, I'm workoholic living below my means...no mortgage, no car payments)
I was out of the house 80+ hours/week working when the kids were young. in 2017 I maxed out every week at 60 hrs in the city. I switched to turnaround line haul and worked 27 days in the month of July. Just recently trying to slow down with 3 day weeks.

Let's see the grill.
That's alot of $ no matter what.
People have dentures for less. I know some who do. I'm sure others here do too.
I have two weeks left. ( it actual work days) but I'm using my dental insurance in that time. My dentist wants that insurance money. I know he does.

:17142::17142::17142::17142:

Let's see the grill.
That's alot of $ no matter what.
People have dentures for less. I know some who do. I'm sure others here do too.
I have two weeks left. ( it actual work days) but I'm using my dental insurance in that time. My dentist wants that insurance money. I know he does.

:17142::17142::17142::17142:
And dentists have those great, bright lights in their rooms!!!!

The idea was to spread the news. I had dentures. They are pathetic substitute. The cover your pallet and limit the taste of food, there are taste buds up there. You are limited to soft foods. They're always loose. I consider what I have a bargain for what I paid.