Yellow | Denver,Co..

gsxr1000

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone know whats going on in Denver?
In Miami today our morning meeting was signing 10 guys to fly out and help the overload their.

$100 extra a day.All meals paid for.
Lodging paid for.
60 hours a week 5 to 6 day schedule.

Min of 3 weeks staying their.
Flying out tuesday..

Driver shortage??
Meeting did not go into specifics..

In Miami today our morning meeting was signing 10 guys to fly out and help the overload their.

Lodging paid for.

Flying out tuesday..

Driver shortage??
Did that in Seattle a couple years ago.
Just way behind....

Lodging paid for.

Flying out tuesday..

Driver shortage??
How many years seniority have they got? If less than 33 years I’ll file a grievance. They didn’t ask me.

Lodging paid for.

Flying out tuesday..

Driver shortage??

Road drivers or P&D?

How many years seniority have they got? If less than 33 years I’ll file a grievance. They didn’t ask me.

Tried that, was denied.
Work offered to certain locals within certain distance of terminal in need.

Kind of like weekend L/H work offered to satellite terminals when board is exhausted.

Though, our OS&D clerk was offered, because no one within offered zone accepted work. Spent two weeks @ 642, I believe, all expenses paid.

Nice gig!

A little birdie told me all the guys are stoned up there and when the Miami guys get there they won't get anything done either. Lol.

(they will drug test and fire when they get back if positive.)

Last edited:
Tried that, was denied.
Work offered to certain locals within certain distance of terminal in need.

Kind of like weekend L/H work offered to satellite terminals when board is exhausted.

Though, our OS&D clerk was offered, because no one within offered zone accepted work. Spent two weeks @ 642, I believe, all expenses paid.

Nice gig!
Just Kidding. I don’t want to work 40 hours much less 60

Lodging paid for.

Flying out tuesday..

Driver shortage??
I know somebody in Denver, so I just asked them. That terminal has lost nearly 20% of their drivers over the last two months, mostly defections to ABF by people who need their pension time. They have not been able to recruit even one replacement driver as of yet, but are trying to.The terminal is WAY behind. However, if "visiting drivers" are being paid $100/day extra, then the "brass" had best figure out that they had better pay their remaining Denver drivers that same $100/day extra or there is going to be h%$# to pay instead. Those guys are not going to stand for having people paid bonus money when they're not getting anything but crumbs.

I know somebody in Denver, so I just asked them. That terminal has lost nearly 20% of their drivers over the last two months, mostly defections to ABF by people who need their pension time. They have not been able to recruit even one replacement driver as of yet, but are trying to.The terminal is WAY behind. However, if "visiting drivers" are being paid $100/day extra, then the "brass" had best figure out that they had better pay their remaining Denver drivers that same $100/day extra or there is going to be h%$# to pay instead. Those guys are not going to stand for having people paid bonus money when they're not getting anything but crumbs.
I kinda thought that to..
I also think there will be grievances on the Miami guys filing on things also..

WoW what a mess..
I have 26 yrs and really don't think it's or anything can be fixed..

I will stick it out until 2019 and if nothing comes positive contractual wise, Im done and going back home up north way north..

I will never look back on Miami again..Rat race sometimes a 3 hr drive to get home from work..

Im exhausted from this place.....

I wish everyone luck..

Hey guys... just wanted to poke my head in here and say it’s not just Yrc. Xpo is about a million pounds and 8 days behind as well. The company put a stop to picking up any freight for Denver until they can get caught up.

Hey guys... just wanted to poke my head in here and say it’s not just Yrc. Xpo is about a million pounds and 8 days behind as well. The company put a stop to picking up any freight for Denver until they can get caught up.
Thanks for the update.
Spoke to a FedEx driver yesterday. In Kansas City they are using a 3rd party to shuttle to the rail and shuttle between their buildings and forcing rail drivers to peddle freight.

That's one hell of a sales ploy. Do they recommend another carrier when they refuse to take the shipment?