Departed Jevic Driver

BigSnap

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have any info on Sammy V. I was told yesterday that he passed away. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

from the Times of trenton

D.S. Vaughn III BORDENTOWN - D.S "Sam" Vaughn III, 63, died late Sunday evening at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Hamilton. Born and raised in Everman, TX May 30, 1945, Sam was a U.S. Navy veteran and served as a member of Sea and Air Rescue during Vietnam. He was a 32-year member of American Legion Post #12 of Somerville and was an avid salt water fisherman. His boat, "Family Affair," operated out of Keyport. Sam was a truck driver for 45 years and for the last 15 years was employed at Jevic Transportation until May 19, 2008 when they suddenly closed the company which broke his heart. Sam is survived by his wife, Libby Vaughn of Bordentown; his daughter and son-in-law, Mary and Jason Hayes of Bethlehem, PA; and two sons and a daughter-in-law, William and Rebecca French of Princeton and Robert Vaughn of Bordentown. Sam was also the proud grandfather of five grandchildren; his granddaughter, Vaughn Hayes; and four grandsons, Chase Hayes, William Robert, Simon Peter and Charles Xavier French. Memorial service will be private at the convenience of the family. Memorial contributions may be made to Sam's family. Arrangements are under the direction of Peppler Funeral Home, Bordentown.

When Jevic closed Sam had already gone thru cancer treatments, He could not pass the physical at Cowan and J.B. Hunt would not take him either. Sam's Meds were running him almost $1000 a month at the time of closing, So you can imagine what they were the last two months. Sam was one of the "Best of the Best".

Brother Sam

Sam was a great guy always had a great story or liked to hear a good joke.
From the first day we met we always got along great.
Local driver your correct Sam was truly one of or best,and I will miss His raspy ole voice ,when he was telling us about something that happened to him on that day.

REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND.

You have to believe the added stress caused by the illegal loss of his benefits didn't help him and his wife.Rest in peace Sam.
Lets all hope Dave G. and all the scumbags at Sun Capital have no peace in their lives.

Wow ! Sam was a great guy ! REST IN PEACE SAM ..
Sams wife needs to get a good lawer,and see about some names should be at blame.
Dave G ,Sun Scumbags, Larry R ,Paul K,even that Mike M , was part of that team. They all took part in making decisions for the drivers. And wrong ones they made . And look what has happen. Lets not forget about bill in the shop also.

ditto

You have to believe the added stress caused by the illegal loss of his benefits didn't help him and his wife.Rest in peace Sam.
Lets all hope Dave G. and all the scumbags at Sun Capital have no peace in their lives.
Sam (and his) should have peace,,,I won't speak for anyone who may have helped with his end (I might get ugly).