Yellow | desperate measures

screwy louiey

TB Veteran
Credits
Since this COO and UE placement going into effect I have seen lately alot of our competition prostituting themselves with heavy discounting trying to pull as much freight away from REX.
I mentioned b/4 a competitor offered a shipper a 85% discount to handle all their freight after we gave them a 78%.

Sounds like a desperate measure to keep us from making this COO work. I say let them have it and haul it for nothing so they can put themselves out of business especially with the cost of fuel these days.

Since this COO and UE placement going into effect I have seen lately alot of our competition prostituting themselves with heavy discounting trying to pull as much freight away from REX.
I mentioned b/4 a competitor offered a shipper a 85% discount to handle all their freight after we gave them a 78%.

Sounds like a desperate measure to keep us from making this COO work. I say let them have it and haul it for nothing so they can put themselves out of business especially with the cost of fuel these days.

10-4 to that.

78% is the Norm, it has been for a long time. Now add a fuel surcharge of 38% and you have a skid from the Philadelphia area going to California for $400.00 But pricing is everything Fed-ex, A customers also demands on time service and claim free when shipping their goods.

3856757808aj5.jpg

dog eat dog world

Wow, so the 78% discount didn't seem out of the ordinary?

You should see what your competition is giving customers today fed-ex. 78% is a bit radical for REX but when others are giving 80-85% discounts makes you think how high will the cut throats go with their smoke in the mirrors pricing.... you know what I'm talking about fed-ex they do it to you guyz also

78% is the Norm, it has been for a long time. Now add a fuel surcharge of 38% and you have a skid from the Philadelphia area going to California for $400.00 But pricing is everything Fed-ex, A customers also demands on time service and claim free when shipping their goods.

3856757808aj5.jpg

So long as we have a huge fuel surcharge, we will be OK. If fuel prices drop, our discounted base rate won't cover our costs (or any LTL carrier's costs).

I can't believe that I want gas prices to stay high! Insanity!:wacko:

being greedy will cost you

There is one carrier out there that took one of our big accounts early this year by taking away the fuel surcharge. They got the freight alright from us but I wonder what it is operating at for them:nutkick::hysterical:.

Hey Lou.......how's the UE service at 657? Are you seeing any new freight or more pickups or deliveries since Monday? Hope everything is going well..........did you see the notice about needing extra help a 162?? DS.

didnt roadway hegde gas prices and get all they have at price probably at 2 years ago rate?

I didn't hear about that but I'm sure YRC gets a good deal for fuel considering the size of their fleet. Kind of like wallyworld......."hey fuel suppliers we buy a bunch of fuel a week, what kind of deal can you give us"?

The number I have heard is that YRC purchases a million gallons a week. Sounds kind of high but maybe not!! DS.

I didn't hear about that but I'm sure YRC gets a good deal for fuel considering the size of their fleet. Kind of like wallyworld......."hey fuel suppliers we buy a bunch of fuel a week, what kind of deal can you give us"?

The number I have heard is that YRC purchases a million gallons a week. Sounds kind of high but maybe not!! DS.

Thursday, I had a Driver Collect. This freight bill was rated with a 70% discount, but with a 37% fuel surcharge or $45.00. For 1 skid!

Hey Lou.......how's the UE service at 657? Are you seeing any new freight or more pickups or deliveries since Monday? Hope everything is going well..........did you see the notice about needing extra help a 162?? DS.

The first night our drivers got lost going to 162:biglaugh:, freight has definitely picked up and last week I was getting blown out with pick ups with alot of it going next day. Dock is full of freight, noticed new customers shipping with us as a viable option now. If you want to make money it is there for the taking.

162 is jammed pack like a can of sardines, they might be looking to move to the old R&L terminal up the hill if that is still avail. Our UE guyz were saying they are loading not only 657 freight but loading out other barns also. Say that guy from 120 "got'em by the balls" is running the 657 turn to 671. Sit down and have a cup of coffee with him one time:ranting2::stirthepot:

overall DS I like what I am seeing and seeing what I like brother

Wonder how this is going to pan out when they start selling it:1036316054:

Double nickles

I would say Roadway offering $55 pallet rates is desperate.

I would say it is good for an area that is not generating alot of O/B due to the region or the cut throats out there. Relax Conway guy its not a nationwide thing, but its good to see that you are concerned:smilie_132: